#1 Muslimah900

Muslimah900

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:11 PM

:D wr wb

i'll be gone for two weeks - don't miss me too much! :D

i'm going Umrah inshallah with the whole of my family for the first 2 weeks of august :D any advice on going there is much appreciated since it's the first time!

anyway, please forgive me if i've ever offended you... i'm really sorry!
:D i'll come back a better person and will pray for all my brothers and sisters while i'm there...

cya people

#2 Ghareeba

Ghareeba

Without Wisdom Teeth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:17 PM

:D

OH! :D Please please make dua for me!!

*advice? Use every minute of your time. *

#3 Muwahhida

Muwahhida

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

Mabrook sister,this is a blessed opportunity for you.
If this is a first time for you,then collect all possible hadeeth on umrah before you begin the journey.,so that you can do umrah according to the sunnah,inshaAllah
Pray for me too

Wassalam

#4 zaintoon

zaintoon

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:19 PM

Salaams

I hope you have a really safe and good trip.

Take care.

Wassalaams.

#5 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Interests:ISLAM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:21 PM

MashALLAH thats excellent sister,

Hope you have a safe journey and Allah swt accepts your Ummrah..InshALLAH

:D oh plz pray 4 me as well..

#6 Allah's Slave

Allah's Slave

American "Convert"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 06:49 PM

Mashallah sis! Please make dua that all the Muslims of IF have a chance to make Hajj and Umrah during our lives inshallah :D I hope it goes great and please do take pics of the city if you can :D

AS

#7 Jawharah

Jawharah

. . . amatullah . . .

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
  • Interests:Bugging you...
    Annoying you...
    Irritatating you...
    Basically, anything that doesn't make you too happy. ;) Unless you're weird, and you get happy by the above, in which case, I advice you to seek help. Fast!

Seriously though...my interests are anything to do with the Quran and Sunnah. :) And sewing and crocheting. :)

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:25 AM

^ They usually don't let cameras within the Masjid al Haram or Masjid al Nabawi... :D

May Allah :D grant you a safe trip, may He increase you in imaan and may He let you make the most of the Haram'ain.

Remember us in your dua's sister.

And forgive me if I ever said anything to offend you.

#8 Sia

Sia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:49 AM

Subhan'Allah! You are lucky that Allah :D has blessed you with such an opportunity. May he make it easy for you and except your umrah. Ameen.

Please pray for all of your sisters and brothers, that may Allah :D forgive us, guide us, protect us and bless us in every aspect insha'Allah.

I advise reading books on umrah and asking relatives who have been to umrah. Remember to have a good rest before you go.

Hope i havent offended you sister in any way, forgive me if i have. Vice versa.

#9 Al Farooq

Al Farooq

Qul Huwalla'hu Ahad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

Masha'Allah what a blessing, make the most of it and utilise every second of your time worshipping Allah, Madinah is a truly blessed city, you will feel the tranquility in Madinah, Check out Tayyibah Shopping centre in Madinah :D

Please make lots of Dua for the Ummah and ask Allah to ease the situation of the Muslim Captives.

#10 velvetxfluid

velvetxfluid

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:22 AM

:D gee wilikers! ur ever so lucky to go to umrah sister. insha Allah you will be refreshed body mind and soul, man am i jelous. lol. i wish i could go. wassalam

#11 Muslimah900

Muslimah900

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:07 PM

walaykum salaam

alhamdulillah i'm back now.
i feel so blessed to have had the chance to have gone Umrah.
you should force your parents to take you because it is such a wonderful experience full of reward.

i went with my family and we spent 7 days in madinah, and then later 7 days in makkah. the kabah is absolutely stunningly beautiful. the first time i saw it was the most special, i couldn't believe i was really seeing it.

i loved to put both my hands on the kabah, kiss it, smell the perfume on the cover, and then make dua like that...

i made lots and lots of duas in masjid-al-haram for you all :D

#12 emel

emel

Dreaming of a Garden...

• IF Guardian
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:19 PM

Welcome back my dear sis. Although i'm sure you'd much rather still be there!! May Allah accept your Umrah and bless you with the opporunity to fulfill Hajj. Insha'Allah when you have time, maybe you can describe your beautiful journey in more detail?!? :D

Look forward to reading your posts!

#13 Muslimah900

Muslimah900

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

Insha'Allah when you have time, maybe you can describe your beautiful journey in more detail?!? :D

Look forward to reading your posts!

walaykum salaam

aw thanks sister.... yeh i'm a bit tired right now... i was in makkah less than 24 hours ago... i read isha in makkah, fajr in the aeroplane, and just now zuhr at home in england! subhanallah.

i'm not a wonderful writer but inshallah i'll write more about it later :D

#14 Jawharah

Jawharah

. . . amatullah . . .

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
    Annoying you...
    Irritatating you...
    Basically, anything that doesn't make you too happy. ;) Unless you're weird, and you get happy by the above, in which case, I advice you to seek help. Fast!

Seriously though...my interests are anything to do with the Quran and Sunnah. :) And sewing and crocheting. :)

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:50 AM

i was in makkah less than 24 hours ago... i read isha in makkah

Awwww... :D

Welcome back sis, I missed ya. I'm sure you had a fantastic time. Its totally nothing like the pictures and videos innit. :D

Looking forward to hearing about your trip soon! :D :D

#15 Muslimah900

Muslimah900

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

walaykum salaam wrwb

i'm in a problem now, you all want to know about my umrah, but i don't know how to write about it :D

we stayed in a small hotel in madinah, not like one of the massive 5 star hotels that are lined up outside the masjid. but i really liked our hotel, it was clean and had good room service. (although, the people were funny, as they gave us new clean covers for the beds but when we asked for new covers for the pillows, they told us to just turn the pillows over :D )

masjid-un-nabi is really massive and beautiful from the inside and when you walk around it :D plus it has good air-conditioning! although it can be quite difficult to find space in the masjid if you're a bit late.

in the mornings, for 3 hours, the area outside where the Prophet (saw) and Abu Bakr (ra) and Umar (ra) is opened for women. and the crowd at that time is too much. you are basically squashed and there's women pushing everywhere. there's also a carpet over there, (i think it's called Riyad-ul-Jannat), and there is much blessing to read on that carpet, but you are fortunate to find any space on the carpet to pray, and when you do pray, you are pushed about again.

making tawaf was much easier. masjid-al-haram was once again beautiful, and indeed seeing the kabah in real life is nothing like seeing it's pictures :D like i said, i liked to smell the cover of it.

but i have a question now. a lot of people would smell the cover and put their hands on it, but a worker would often tell us to move so there was nobody touching it, and he once mentioned the sunnah and the prophet (pbuh). i couldn't understand him, but is it perhaps in the sunnah to not touch and kiss the kaabah?

i kissed the black stone twice. the first time i wore my niqaab on so i actually kissed my niqaab and not the black stone :D which is why i went to kiss it again.

i have another two questions now:

i saw one young child (perhaps aged 9) with her hand cut off, i presume for stealing. do the Saudis cut off the hands of children that steal? because Islam teaches that the bad deeds of a child aren't even written down.

also another question, somebody told me that arabs don't work, and indeed i didn't see many guys that look of arab origin in the shops, but mostly asian men, so do arab men work?

and lastly, can women work in Saudi?

i'm not a wonderful writer, so if you have any specific questions, i'll be glad to answer :D

#16 Jawharah

Jawharah

. . . amatullah . . .

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
    Annoying you...
    Irritatating you...

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

Yeah, its summer, so its busyyy there. Wow, I didn't know that Masjid al Nabawi gets packed in the summer too though. :D

Did you go up to the second floor in Masjid al Nabawi? And is the third floor on Masjid al Haram in Makkah open? Did ya go up there? Proper cool up there at Maghrib time.. :D

Perhaps the person working by the Baytullah was telling you'll it isn't sunnah.. Cuz I think they usually tell people is bid'ah to touch the cover. :D

Dunno about the answers to your questions... I've never heard of Saudi's cutting of childrens hands. :D And well, I was there Hajj time, so I did see Arab men working in shops and certain other places. :D Allahu A'lam.

#17 Muslimah900

Muslimah900

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:21 AM

assalaam alaykum wrwb

Yeah, its summer, so its busyyy there.  Wow, I didn't know that Masjid al Nabawi gets packed in the summer too though.  :D

yep definitely packed, but it wasn't summer for half the world B)

Did you go up to the second floor in Masjid al Nabawi?  And is the third floor on Masjid al Haram in Makkah open?  Did ya go up there?  Proper cool up there at Maghrib time.. :D

No and No and No :D
i'm quite sure the second floor was closed off for Masjid al Nabawi.
The roof floor on Masjid al Haram was closed as well.

And well, I was there Hajj time, so I did see Arab men working in shops and certain other places. :D  Allahu A'lam.

mashallah you've been too! so where's your thread about it all? :D

#18 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Interests:ISLAM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

Welcome back sister...MashALLAH sounds like you had an amazing time...AlhamduLILAH

May Allah swt accept your Ummrah and grant you the opportunity to do Hajj.

making tawaf was much easier. masjid-al-haram was once again beautiful, and indeed seeing the kabah in real life is nothing like seeing it's pictures  like i said, i liked to smell the cover of it.

wow...I bet the smell cannot be explained in words..

but i have a question now. a lot of people would smell the cover and put their hands on it, but a worker would often tell us to move so there was nobody touching it, and he once mentioned the sunnah and the prophet (pbuh). i couldn't understand him, but is it perhaps in the sunnah to not touch and kiss the kaabah?

I think..this is because...(like mentioned) people may create bid'ah...i.e. a good example is the cover of the Kabba being lifted..people used (may still) cut pieces from the cloth and bring it home to heal the sick...etc...which all leads to bidah.

also another question, somebody told me that arabs don't work, and indeed i didn't see many guys that look of arab origin in the shops, but mostly asian men, so do arab men work?

maybe thats because people are not finding adequate employment in their home land and therfore work in saudi ... a good example is pakistanis working there...as its not too far via plane.

Jazak Allah sister for sharing the amazing experience..

May Allah swt allow us all to go for Ummra and Hajj and accept them. Ameen

#19 Muslimah900

Muslimah900

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

walaykum salaam wrwb

Welcome back sister...MashALLAH sounds like you had an amazing time...AlhamduLILAH

May Allah swt accept your Ummrah and grant you the opportunity to do Hajj.

thank you sis for your kind words :D

maybe thats because people are not finding adequate employment in their home land and therfore work in saudi ... a good example is pakistanis working there...as its not too far via plane.

that reminds me of my other question, how do the poor refugees who beg on the streets ever manage to get the money to get to makkah/madinah? and how do they get visas to live there?

#20 ahamed_sharif

ahamed_sharif

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:51 AM

Assalamu alaikum

how do the poor refugees who beg on the streets ever manage to get the money to get to makkah/madinah? and how do they get visas to live there?

They make lot of money there. Pilgrims pay them in pounds, dollars and riyals.

They earn a lot. They may be wearing dirty clothes but by evening they would have earned a lot. On fridays they earn much more.

Next time you would like to give sadqa (alms) give it the servants of harmain, who do the cleaning and other services. They are paid just 500 riyals per month and they stay in dormitories (Common halls) away from their families. They are really poor and they won't demand money for us.
shukran

Edited by ahamed_sharif, 17 August 2005 - 06:55 AM.