Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo

Ar-Ruqyah

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 life_life

life_life

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:18 AM

as salaamu alaikum

when ar ruqyah is performed...what happens to our body? do we see anythying? do we feel anything?
Or do we just get it done with the intention that Allah (swt) will take care if us?

#22 life_life

life_life

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

also, can ar-ruqyah be done at any time..or should the person concerned be inflicted with black majic...or feeling ill. In other words...can we you get it done as a safety measure?

#23 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts
  • Interests:To Learn and Teach knowledge of the Deen of Islam. I love Children.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:59 AM

Assalamu alaikum, Yes we can read Ruqyah at any time, not just if someone is inflicted by something. In fact in many families including mine all the family members have it almost memorized and everyone reads it once a day, in the evening or Morning.

Ruqyah is not a dua or special Tasbih, it is a collection of Ayaahs from different chapters of the Quran, which at different times RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam prescribed to the companions when they were inflicted with any kind of sickness, physical or otherwise (evil eye, magic, etc.)

Care should be taken though that we should have trust in Allah, and be particular about our Faraid (compulsory obigations) like not missing Salaat, etc..........

I hope I could clear things for you. If there is some doubt, please post.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

#24 life_life

life_life

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

:sl:

Thank you sister for your fast reply. It helped me understand.

But just to clarify things a little more since i dont really know much about this matter...

When the person who is inflicted with any kind of sickness, physical or otherwise, what does the person go through when ruqyah is performed? I understand that patience is a must and cure comes from Allah (swt). But while is being done, does the person feel relief? feel anyting at all? see anyting?

#25 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts
  • Interests:To Learn and Teach knowledge of the Deen of Islam. I love Children.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

Assalamu Alaikum, It depends on each individual. slowly but surely they feel relieved, as for seeing things, I have no idea, but I don't think so. As I said before, if you read the whole thread that Sis. Kaneeza has made, you will see that if read sincerely on a regular basis, it will be like a prevention from being inflicted with these unknown evils.

Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Edited by umAhmad, 19 January 2007 - 09:57 PM.

#26 Luv2Learn

Luv2Learn

• IF Guardian
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

Thank you sister for your fast reply. It helped me understand.

But just to clarify things a little more since i dont really know much about this matter...

When the person who is inflicted with any kind of sickness, physical or otherwise, what does the person go through when ruqyah is performed? I understand that patience is a must and cure comes from Allah (swt). But while is being done, does the person feel relief? feel anyting at all? see anyting?

Salaas sis,
Since I have some experience, I should tell you a bit of mine. The reaction of a person to ruqya depends on the type of affliction.
I have been afflicted with black magick and when ruqya is read on me, my body goes through many physical reactions. They range from headache, nausea, movement within my body and general aversion to hearing the Qur'an. There is much more but I'll be succint. While being read on, I do not feel well, however with time the reading has been giving me mentally and physically a positive effect.
I don't see things while I'm being read on but see things regularly due to the magic.
Relief can be immediate depending on the illness.
Ruqya is for those who are ill with any type of illness. Whether it is jinn related - evil eye, magic or just any type of physical illness, ruqyah can be very powerful, provided, that the guidelines for reading it are followed.

To read more about experiences / ruqya related to black magic and the evil eye, you can visit the black magic/jadoo thread in the Basic Islamic discussions thread or the Polling station where there's a poll on poession.

Peace

#27 life_life

life_life

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:11 AM

thanks for sharing sis. Luv2learn

you mentioned that you see things due to the majic...such as what? what is your reaction when seeing such things? im just curious...

#28 Luv2Learn

Luv2Learn

• IF Guardian
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

Salaams again,
You are most welcome.

I see a three dimensional thing.. like a blur or fuzz without color.. .sometimes it looks like smoke.. other times, i kinda think it looks like an energy border. Sometimes it moves, most times, it is fixed on a wall, door, corner of the room.

What is my reaction...
I pay no attention to it... the overstimulation can make me feel ill at times. Sometimes when I focus on it, i get nauseated. So, I've chosen to ignore it and that has been very effective for me.

Now I'm curious... do YOU see things?

Peace

#29 Aaqib Ahmed

Aaqib Ahmed

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:13 PM

May Allah protect you from any harm.Ameen. :j:

#30 Luv2Learn

Luv2Learn

• IF Guardian
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

Salaams ...
Ameen bro!

Peace

#31 life_life

life_life

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

:sl: sis,

No i dont see things....but i've heard about such things...and was curious to know what kind of things people saw...

#32 Luv2Learn

Luv2Learn

• IF Guardian
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Salaams,
Glad to hear .. ALHAMDULILLAH, that you do not see things. Our eyes are protected and it is a huge blessing not to have a window into the the other dimension, if I can call it that.

Peace

#33 Ashraf902

Ashraf902

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

Thank you for the good post. It has been very helpful

I was wondering, if we believe someone to be afflicted with magic or the evil eye, but that person is not with us - they are somewhere far, can we still recite ruqyah to cure them? what if we do it without their knowledge?

I have a friend whom i believe is afflicted, but he doesn't believe me, and doesn't want to be cured. can i recite ruqyah from home, without his knowledge?

Hope i can find an answer. Thank you.

#34 ebubekr

ebubekr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:16 AM

Es-Selam Alejkum We Rahmetull-llahi We Bereketuhu

Here are some links that show how a sheikh recite ruqyah

Video: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...7079425&q=jinn"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...7079425&q=jinn[/url]

Video: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...6263030&q=jinn"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...6263030&q=jinn[/url]

Video: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...814&q=exorcism"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...814&q=exorcism[/url]

Video: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...596&q=exorcism"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...596&q=exorcism[/url]

#35 ebubekr

ebubekr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:21 AM

Exuse me but links didn't work

Here are again:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...7079425&q=jinn"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...7079425&q=jinn[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...6263030&q=jinn"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...6263030&q=jinn[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...814&q=exorcism"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...814&q=exorcism[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://######video.google######/videoplay?do...596&q=exorcism"]######video.google######/videoplay?do...596&q=exorcism[/url]

#36 ebubekr

ebubekr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=0

#37 ebubekr

ebubekr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:29 AM

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=0

#38 k-meleon

k-meleon

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

Could someone please post a link to a printable arabic version of the Ruqyah?
There is one at quranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link), but it's hard to make out the vowels for some reason (especially standing fatha/zabar, etc).
So kindly post any other print version you know of.
:j:

#39 TasNima

TasNima

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

:sl: to whom, who is intersted to get ayah2 ruqyah and also the translation in english, urdu and indonesia language, plz lemme know.. send me a request for that at my email : kasandra_786(at)yahoo(dot)com and inshaALlah i will send it as soon as possible..

okey.. asSalaamu3alaykum

#40 armaan

armaan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Search for my personal profile named 'armaan' on Muslimica dot com for more details.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

Masha Allah, such a wealth of Islamic information here. Surely coming back for more.