Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo

Sheikh Shfudin/Sharfuddin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Allah's Slave

Allah's Slave

American "Convert"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:42 PM

salaam alaikum,

I have heard some talk on this site about a child born in africa who knew the Quran and began praying at a young age. I came across a video who I think is of the same person. I wish to know more about this person so if anyone could post a link to a site with more information it would be beneficial because [img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] isn't helping me.

thanks in advance.

wassalaam
AS

#2 anonymous

anonymous

Retired

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:Same as yours.

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:59 PM

:D

Did you find the video on the internet bro? Could you share the link w/ us.. please? :D JazakAllah khairan..

:w:

#3 Allah's Slave

Allah's Slave

American "Convert"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:18 PM

salaam alaikum,

Did you find the video on the internet bro? Could you share the link w/ us.. please? :D JazakAllah khairan..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure Can!

The link is on the eternalmultimedia website in the video section...which you can be quickly transported to by clicking [img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.eternalmultimedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/indexvideopage.html"]HERE[/url]!

You will know which video to download...my problem is that I don't know arabic. So if you could remember to come back this post and tell me what the little guy is saying i would really appreciate it.

wassalaam
AS

#4 soldierofallah2004

soldierofallah2004

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:25 AM

salam alikoum
can you please tell us about his history, i heard his parents kicked him out but then i heard they converted

#5 Allah's Slave

Allah's Slave

American "Convert"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:47 AM

salaam alaikum,

salam alikoum
can you please tell us about his history, i heard  his parents kicked him out but then i heard they converted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats what im sayin! i really want to know more & i wish i could share it with everyone.

whoever has this knowledge please pass it on!

wassalaam
AS

#6 Keeping Faith

Keeping Faith

Rabbi zidni ilma'a

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, family, friends, reading stories of the Prophets to my li'l brother at night and 'specially learning more about Islam.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:23 AM

Was he the boy who kept holding up his arm with his index finger out to show "Allah is One"? :P If so, I've seen that video, :D he's awesome.

I'll try to find out more.

#7 Chaand

Chaand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Interests:https://twitter.com/JPWitkamp Aww Smile (✿◠‿◠)

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:38 AM

There are orphans and street children everywhere. So much so that the sight of another small child standing on a street corner hardly merits a second glance.

But only when a boy opens his mouth to speak do onlookers realize that Shariff Idd is special. The five-years-old speaks in five languages - English, French, Italian, Swahili and Arabic - even though he is completely uneducated.

Shariff is a preacher who draws crowds of thousand in Kenya to his increasingly regular sermons. The Lybian leader, Colonel Muammar Al-Gaddafi, is a great supporter following an audience with him earlier this year.
Last week was a milestone for the child introduced to gawping throngs as the "Miracle Boy" of East Africa. He smiled triumphantly when told he had notched up his one thousand conversion to Islam in a country where Muslims are a minority.

Tours of France and Britain now beckon, according to Haji Maroulin, one of the boy's four guardians. He will travel as a missionary on a trip to be financed by a businessman from the Ivory Coast.

"When he is not preaching he is just like any other kid," Haji Maroulin said. "But when he preaches he changes.

At one year old he was able to recite the Quran and went on to be able to preach in Arabic, Swahili and French without any learning. The number of his converts is growing daily."
For a child he has strangely adult mannerism. He speaks confidently, mainly in Swahili unless he is delivering a sermon. Then, he fixed his piercing brown eyes on the person he is addressing without inhibition.

His squeaky child-like voice mesmerizes audiences.
According to Haji Maroulin, Shariff was born into Swahili-speaking Catholic family in Arusha, north Tanzania, in December 1993: "At the age of two months he refused to [img]le his mother's milk and at the age of four months he started reciting verses from the Holy Quran."
The boy's first words - "You people repent and you will be accepted by God" were in Arabic. He concerned parents believed him to be disturbed by "demons" and called pastors to pray for the baby.

Eventually Muslim neighbors interpreted their son's alien speech and his parents later converted to Islam themselves. Although his father died in 1997, his mother remains in Tanzania while her worldly son continues his travel.

There is no doubting his pulling-power and in a commercial world his entourage has been quick to produce videos of the high-pitched sermons. He has also been deemed genuine by Kenya's Muslim World League.

Kaplich Barsito, 35, from Nairobi, saw Shariff in action addressing a crowd of more than 1,000 in an open area of the Pumwani districts of Kenya's capital, and is in no doubt of the boy's abilities.

"He was like a politician, very confident," he said. He seemed as though he would have been disappointed if there had been less people.

The power went off and his minders wanted him to stop, but he grabbed the loud-speaker and carried on in Swahili, English and Arabic. It was very impressive and he mesmerized the audience with a focused sermon."

Shariff himself seemed mystified about his powers. He said last week that he picked up languages as soon as he heard. "I went to Congo and heard people speaking Lingala (the local language). I just was able to start speaking it."

+++++++++++++++

but......also this I found on the net...

This is a HOAX!
The following report is false except for the fact that this boy does exist. He has been to parts of the U.S. and people have actually met him.

A "Scottish news report" (click here to view) and the Bengali-language dawah magazine which *I* personally am holding in my own hands right now describe him as phenomenal.

However, the following accounts prove that although he exists, his story is just alot of hype. Please read the following e-mails from two people who have given first hand accounts.

ve.co.uk]
Sent: 19 October 1999 11:06
Subject: Boy, 5, converts 1000 to Islam: the refutation

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

I think it would be wise to examine this report a bit closer. First of all, it is not unusual in various parts of Africa and Asia to see people who are unlettered yet who can speak several languages quite fluently. Thus the report that a child can do so should not be seen as strange. Similarly, the report states that Muammar Qadhaafi supports him. Aside from fighting Islam in his nation, Qadhaafi is also known to be a regluar supporter of known heretics like Farrakhan and Rashad Khalifa. Therefore eybrows should automatically be raised when Qadhaffi's name enters the picture.

Nevertheless, this past summer a brother who attends our tafseer class in Virginia, went to see this "miracle boy" in Philadelphia. The brother told us he is convinced that the entire thing is an elaborate scam done by either the Christians or the Sufis with the intent to hoodwink the Muslims.

The brother said the boy came to a packed Philadelphia auditorium where the majority of attendees were African. Advertisment claimed the boy was "a Hafidh of both the Quran and the Injeel". This claim alone raised some people's suspicions. A

few weeks prior to the boy's arrival, a videotape was circulated among the Muslims in Philadelphia which shows the boy and makes several claims. However, the Quran reciter on the videotape is NOT the boy. In fact, the video never shows the boy reciting anything from the Quran.

On the day the boy appeared, he was accompanied by four bodyguards, none of whom would allow anyone to question him or do anything except allow people to kiss his hand, touch him or ask him to pray for them. One of the bodyguards was the boy's father, who contrary to the news report, is a Christian.

Before the boy's entrance, the bodyguards would pass around a collection basket for people to donate money. People were never informed as to what the money they were donating was for or how it would be used. It was apparently assumed the money was for the boy himself, thus many people donated large sums of money into the basket. When the boy entered, he would then start with khutbatul hajjah, yet he never led nor attended any of the congregational prayers and only came to the local masjid after everyone had finished salat.

Later when the boy's father was not present, some attendees asked the boy to recite some suras. At first, the boy acted as if he didn't understand what was being asked. The bodyguards appeared irritated and said it was not proper for anyone to order the boy to recite. People replied that they were not ordering anything, but were simply asking IF he could recite SOMETHING so that people could hear him. A translator then asked him to recite some suras such as Ar-Rahman, Al-Mulk, etc. and the boy replied, "I don't know that". They then asked him to recite suratul Ala, to which he replied again, "I don't know that". They then asked him to recite suratul Ihklas, he said, "I don't know that". It then became obvious to everyone that the boy knew nothing of the Quran, and was simply fooling everyone with an elaborate and well-concieved con.

When the father returned and noticed what was going on, he quickly hustled the boy and his bodyguards out of the auditorium. Many attendees felt betrayed, especially when it was discovered that the boy and his "family" left town soon thereafter and their whereabouts were unknown.

If this is a scam, obviously the boy is not to blame, but rather the dajjaleen who are parading him before the Muslims as a pseudo-prophetic persona with the express intent of fleecing masses of Muslims from their money. A number of sufi groups have been known to be making inroads in Africa and have used customary shirk practices to gather followers. If Muslims are being duped by these minor dajjaleen, then how much more so hen the real Dajjal appears? And may Allah protect us from his fitnah, ameen.

Wa salam Abu Umar
ahak[at]travelmad.freeserve.co
uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salaam Alaykum Sister

Regarding that little boy - the five year old who is supposed to have converted many people to Islam. He came to my neighbourhood Masjid - Islamic Center of New York - several months ago. Our imam put him in front of the congregation and dispelled alot of myths about him. One of such is that he has not memorised Quran....maybe a sura or two.

When asked questions, he answered like a normal little boy.

It was alot of hype.

Our imam told us not to believe everything we read. The URL for our Masjid is [img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_salam.muslimsonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/~iccny"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_salam.muslimsonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/~iccny[/url]

I really can't remember all the details. I just remember walking away thinking it was all a fraud. Whatever the case, I just hope he has touched some people and brought them to Islam.

i don't dispute the fact that he has touched lives but i think that several things about him were misrepresented. Our imam stood him in front of us sister. He ran past me playing with the other kids. I saw him up close. There are people wanting to touch him as if he is supernatural. That is crazy. He was a simple boy. A human being.

Fi Aman Allah

K. T. PK
from New York City

Edited by Saffia_Amatullah, 09 November 2004 - 08:40 AM.

#8 soldierofallah2004

soldierofallah2004

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:53 AM

so wats the final say, is it real or a hoax?