Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo
- - - - -

Powerful Quran Ayats

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:30 AM

:D

The whole Quran is beautiful no doubt but some verses are more powerful than others.. I'm just sharing what I feel are such.. plz share yours also :D..

Quran (13:28) Surely in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest

Quran (2:216) Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows and ye know not

Quran (4:28) Allah doth wish to lighten your (difficulties): For man was created Weak (in flesh)

Quran (3:103) And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.

If there are any mistakes plz forgive me as it was not my intention and let me know I shall correct it asap..

#2 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

Quran (3:185) Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception.

:D :D..

#3 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

Quran (3:180) And let not those who covetously withhold of the gifts which Allah Hath given them of His Grace, think that it is good for them: Nay, it will be the worse for them: soon shall the things which they covetously withheld be tied to their necks Like a twisted collar, on the Day of Judgment. To Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

#4 Jawharah

Jawharah

. . . amatullah . . .

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
  • Interests:Bugging you...
    Annoying you...
    Irritatating you...
    Basically, anything that doesn't make you too happy. ;) Unless you're weird, and you get happy by the above, in which case, I advice you to seek help. Fast!

Seriously though...my interests are anything to do with the Quran and Sunnah. :) And sewing and crocheting. :)

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:48 AM

Jazakallah khair bro. Nice reminders. :D

And as for those who transgress, their abode is the fire; whenever they desire to go forth from it they shall be brought back into it, and it will be said to them: Taste the chastisement of the fire which you called a lie.
Surah Sajda / Ayah 20

#5 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

Quran (43:63-65) When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me." "For Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him: this is a Straight Way." But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement: then woe to the wrong-doers, from the Penalty of a Grievous Day!

#6 rofi

rofi

SubhanAllahi wa bihamdihi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • Interests:www.as-sabiqoon.com

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

Sura Maryam:

27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

28. "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

These ayah are beautiful.....SubhanAllah! :D

#7 Saladin UK

Saladin UK

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:53 PM

Asalaam Alaikum,

Beautifull Ayats...

Surah Yaseen: Peace: A word from your Lord (Salam un Kowlan Mir - Rabi Raheem)

Surah Taha: [(Moses) said, “My Lord, expand for me my breast (with assurance)- And ease for me my task- And untie the knot from my tongue- So that they may understand my speech (Kala Rabish Rah Li Sad Ri Wa Yasir Li Amri Wahlul Uh Kudatan min lisani)

This verse's constant recitation "opened" up my lungs when i quite smoking. Whilst reciting it i noticed a 50% increase in length of holding my breath in (from the day i did dhikr of the above). Before i could hold my breath for 30seconds max and then when i had this feeling whilst reciting the above i timed myself and it instantly increased to 1min.

SubhanAllah it is very dear to me and now my Phone Ringtone.

Surah Taha: Fear Not! For Lo i am with You! (Kul na La Ta Haf inna ka antal A'laa)

There are more but those will do for now

#8 Ghareeba

Ghareeba

Without Wisdom Teeth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:11 AM

Beautiful thread! :D

I thought I'd add a couple of "powerful" ones :D

Wherever you are, death will find you out, even if you are towers built up strong and high. (4:78)

They impress on thee as a favour that They have embraced Islam. Say, "Count not your Islam as a favour upon me: Nay, Allah has conferred a favour upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if ye be true and sincere. (Surat Al Hujarat: aya 17)

(Subhan Allah! A problem i think many of us do: sometimes it seems like we think we've done so much just by being Muslim. It's like we think that Allah should be grateful that we've sloppily prayed, instead of us being grateful that we have been shown the way!)

(continued)

#9 Ghareeba

Ghareeba

Without Wisdom Teeth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:12 AM

I thought i'd leave these all by themselves:

[Surat Al Wa'aqiah]

77. That this is indeed a qur'an Most Honourable,

78. In Book well-guarded,

79. Which none shall touch but those who are clean:

80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.

81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?

82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?

83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-

84. And ye the while (sit) looking on,-

85. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-

86. Then why do ye not,- If you are exempt from (future) account,-

87. Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?

:D :D

#10 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:26 PM

The Holy Quran is full of guidance and warnings of the last day and hour is surely coming. In many ayats Allah SA tells us that we should be afraid of HIM and not people.

Quran (5:44) It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.

Quran (33:37) Behold! Thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour: "Retain thou (in wedlock) thy wife, and fear Allah." But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest: thou didst fear the people, but it is more fitting that thou shouldst fear Allah. Then when Zaid had dissolved (his marriage) with her, with the necessary (formality), We joined her in marriage to thee: in order that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the Believers in (the matter of) marriage with the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have dissolved with the necessary (formality) (their marriage) with them. And Allah's command must be fulfilled.

Quran (33:39) (It is the practice of those) who preach the Messages of Allah, and fear Him, and fear none but Allah. And enough is Allah to call (men) to account.

#11 Jawharah

Jawharah

. . . amatullah . . .

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
  • Interests:Bugging you...
    Annoying you...
    Irritatating you...
    Basically, anything that doesn't make you too happy. ;) Unless you're weird, and you get happy by the above, in which case, I advice you to seek help. Fast!

Seriously though...my interests are anything to do with the Quran and Sunnah. :) And sewing and crocheting. :)

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:07 AM

That Day will Man say: "Where is the refuge?"
By no means! No place of safety!
Before thy Lord (alone), that Day will be the place of rest.
That Day will Man be told (all) that he put forward, and all that he put back.
Nay, man will be evidence against himself,
Even though he were to put up his excuses.
[(www.)"http://%27glossary/glossary_s001.html#surah%27"]Surah[/url] Qiyama / Ayaah 10-15]

#12 ~mehnaz~

~mehnaz~

La ghalib il'Allah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

heres a few that i find moving, to say the least :D

Allah! There is no god but He,the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). 002.255 Ayyatul Kursi

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? 029.002

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things. 024:035

…………"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maulâ (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people." 002:286

#13 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

:D those are magnificent verses..

17:15 Who receiveth guidance, receiveth it for his own benefit: who goeth astray doth so to his own loss: No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another: nor would We visit with Our Wrath until We had sent an messenger (to give warning).

#14 MaKSofaHãßÓæÝÉ

MaKSofaHãßÓæÝÉ

áÇ Åöáóåó ÅöáøóÇ åõæó Úóáóíúåö ÊóæÃ

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:Quran + Sunnah + Seera + Da'wa + zuhud Poems

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

Asalam Alaikom Warhmatullah wbaraktuh

:D hasib :D

Þõáú íÚöÈóÇÏöìó ÇáøóÐöíäó ÃóÓúÑóÝõæÇú Úóáóì ÃóäÝõÓöåöãú áÇó ÊóÞúäóØõæÇú ãöä ÑøóÍúãóÉö Çááøóåö Åöäøó Çááøóåó íóÛúÝöÑõ ÇáÐøõäõæÈó ÌóãöíÚÇð Åöäøóåõ åõæó ÇáúÛóÝõæÑõ ÇáÑøóÍöíãõ

(Surah 39 verse 53. Say: "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'')

#15 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts
  • Interests:To Learn and Teach knowledge of the Deen of Islam. I love Children.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:09 AM

Assalamu Alaikum, MashaAllah nice thread. May Allah open up the reality of these verses on all of us, Ameen.

The translations are by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

___Surah 66 (Tahreem) Ayat 6. O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded.

___Surah 73 (Muzzammil) Ayat 20. Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth (to prayer) nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you (in mercy): read ye, therefore, of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah.s bounty; yet others fighting in Allah.s Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah.s Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah. for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

___Surah 31 (Luqman) Ayat 34. Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does any one know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).

InshaAllah will post more later

#16 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:04 AM

Surah 62 Al Jumah (The Congregation) Verses 8-10

Say: "The Death from which ye flee will truly overtake you: then will ye be sent back to the Knower of things secret and open: and He will tell you (the truth of) the things that ye did!"

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew!

And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper.

:D :D :D :D

Edited by Hasib, 28 March 2006 - 06:06 AM.

#17 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:56 AM

"Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe," without being put to the test?" [29:2]

[29:2-3] "Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe," without being put to the test?" We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

[3:179] GOD is not to leave the believers as you are, without distinguishing the bad from the good.

[2:214] Do you expect to enter Paradise without being tested like those before you?

:D :D :D..

#18 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

Assalamu alaikum, Here are some more ayaats.

___Surah 29 (AnKaboot) Ayat 8. We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.

___ Surah 63 (Munafiqoon) Ayat 10. And spend something (in charity) out of the substance which We have bestowed on you, before Death should come to any of you and he should say, "O my Lord! why didst Thou not give me respite for a little while? I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good".

___Surah 57 (Hadeed)Ayat 16. Has not the Time arrived for the Believers that their hearts in all humility should engage in the remembrance of Allah and of the Truth which has been revealed (to them), and that they should not become like those to whom was given Revelation aforetime, but long ages passed over them and their hearts grew hard? For many among them are rebellious transgressors.

Wassalamu alaikum. umAhmad.

#19 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:23 AM

Assalamu Alaikum,

Let us keep this beautiful thread alive

So here it is on top again InshaAllah.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

___Surah 47 (Muhammad) Ayat 32. Those who reject Allah, hinder (men) from the Path of Allah, and resist the Messenger, after Guidance has been clearly shown to them, will not injure Allah in the least, but He will make their deeds of no effect.

___Surah 22 (Hajj) Ayat 5. O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).

___Surah 62 (Jumaa) Ayat 11. But when they see some bargain or some amusement, they disperse headlong to it, and leave thee standing. Say: "The (blessing) from the Presence of Allah is better than any amusement or bargain! and Allah is the Best to provide (for all needs)."

Wassalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

#20 Chaand

Chaand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Interests:https://twitter.com/JPWitkamp Aww Smile (✿◠‿◠)

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:08 AM

Asalaamo aleykum,

thse aresome of my favourite at the moment...

From Surat Al An'am

42 Verily, We sent (Messengers) to many nations before you (O Muhammad ). And We seized them with extreme poverty (or loss in wealth) and loss in health with calamities so that they might believe with humility.

43 When Our Torment reached them, why then did they not believe with humility? But their hearts became hardened, and Shaitan (Satan) made fair­seeming to them that which they used to do.

44 So, when they forgot (the warning) with which they had been reminded, We opened to them the gates of every (pleasant) thing, until in the midst of their enjoyment in that which they were given, all of a sudden, We took them to punishment, and lo! They were plunged into destruction with deep regrets and sorrows.

45 So the roots of the people who did wrong were cut off. And all the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns, and all that exists).

waleykum assalaam,