• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Elidicious

Elidicious

••• HAPPY THE WAY I AM!! ••••

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Music, Internet, Law/Philosophic books, People, University, Friends, Computer, knowledge, beauty, backstreet boys :D, myself, DOGS etc.<br />:D
  • Religion: Believer without religion

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:40 AM

yes it is. thank you. :sl:

#22 guerrillasaint

guerrillasaint

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

Was or is Satan an Angel?

#23 bint Ali......ÈäÊ Úáì

bint Ali......ÈäÊ Úáì

ÓÈÍÇä Çááå

• IF Guardian
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:this life is temporary. it is a test.you are an evidence of that.<br /><br />ever wondered how your soul looked like?you have no idea.do you know what is going on behind your back or a few hundred meters away from your site?nope-no idea.<br /> <br />we are all so imperfect yet Allah is all knowing and most merciful
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:38 AM

Was or is Satan an Angel?

he was and is not an angel.he is a jinn.angels do not disobey Allah.where as Satan did.he disobeyed Allah
50. Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!Quran 18:50

Do you believe we have free will?
If so then your answer to Q-19 "What is meant by Belief Preordainment (Qadar)", contradicts having a free will won't you agree?
You answer to that questions is: "The Belief in Preordainment (Qadar) means to believe that everything — good or bad — happens or takes place according to what Allah has ordained for it. He has created everything in due proportion."
Therefore, in my opinion free will, and to sum up your answer, pre-destination cannot co-exist... no.gif
Would you care to shed some light on this subject matter?

Assalaam alaikum.i know the question was not directed at me but i 'll try to give some information since noone else answered so far.

of course we have free will.but Allah is all-knowing.He knows what we will do and what we have done in our lives so far.He knows what people will be doing ages after this generation.knowing does not force you to do something in a particular way.
for example,your mom is someone who knows you best.she might know that you will do something-like maybe you like to eat chocolates alot.she takes you to a store and asks you to take one thing you want.she knew you would take a chocolate and that is what you did.this is just an example.she knew it but that did not force you to do it.
and the knowledge of Allah is greater than everything else.He will know what your interests are and what you will do.so if He knows and has ordained it-it still does not force you.you have free will to think.

should i elobrate?for example there is a weakness in someone caaled Ali.just feels lazy to pray.but he knows it's importance and tries to do all the five obligatory prayers,but he misses a lot of the sunnah prayers-not all though.in this case Allah knows which times he will miss the prayers,whether he would do it the next time or not.but still it does not force you to miss the prayers

i know this is confusing.i hope i have not confused you.
salam

#24 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 17,109 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

:sl:
The issue of Predestination and free will does confuse many of us, yet it is easy to understand.
Allah :sl: knew before we were born whether we'll be good or bad persons. Now, lets say that, after coming to life, you decided to do bad stuff. That stuff was already written in your book. So how come you had the choice to be good or bad, you ask.

We humans must use the time factor to relate to anything and any event in this life. All the words in bold above use the time factor.
But Allah Almighty has no time boundary. There is no limit in size, place or time in His knowledge. The time factor is non-existent here.

We humans cannot understand how can there be no time factor, simply because all our life is based on it. So, allow me to give an example we can relate to:
Take an apple, a scale, a paper and pen.
Weight the apple, and record its weight.
Now, pack those in a travel suitcase, and take the next shuttle to outer space.
When there, try to repeat the weighting experiment.
What happens?
the apple, scale, paper, pen, even yourself will all float.
The apple there will be weightless
Why? because the earth gravity factor is not there in outer space.

#25 ahmedfarhan

ahmedfarhan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

It's really helpful. May Allah reward you for sharing the valuable knowledge. 

#26 mosafin

mosafin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

Assalam Aliekum Brothers and sisters.

I found this video to be really useful in covering the basics of Islam.

What is Islam from a Hadith Prospective -    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ouq39zMao

What is the meaning of the word Islam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUSU7p-c20k&t=60s

If you find it useful please make dua for me thats all I ask :)