• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas

Nicholas

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hi, I need help translating something from Arabic to English. Thanks.

nastagh-firuka ya Hokan
ya Dhal-Jalah wal-Ikram
Isa ruhu-lah 'alaihis-salat was-salam
ya Halim, ya Qahhar
ya Muntaqim, ya Ghaffar!
la Ilaha ilallahu, Allahu Akbar!

Isa ruhu-lah 'alaihis-salat was-salam- I've heard two different translations for this sentence but I only remember one. Someone told me it said "Awake and come to prayer, in peace prayer is better then sleep" is that correct?

#2 alaqad

alaqad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

hi

Isa ruhu-lah 'alaihis-salat was-salam

i think u wrote little wrong here
and mean Isa rusul-lah"alihis-salat was-salam
it means ISa is prophet "peace be upon him"

Edited by alaqad, 04 April 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#3 ~mehnaz~

~mehnaz~

La ghalib il'Allah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

^^ Agreed.

As for the rest...(I'm not an arabic speaker but I can try. )

nastagh-firuka ya Hokan

We ask for forgiveness, O Judge(??)

ya Dhal-Jalah wal-Ikram

Oh the Lord of Majesty and Bounty, The One who deserves to be Exalted and not denied

ya Halim, ya Qahhar

O Forebearing, O subduer

ya Muntaqim, ya Ghaffar!

O Avenger, O Forgiver

la Ilaha ilallahu, Allahu Akbar

There is no god but Allah (God), Allah is the greatest

Isa=Arabic for Jesus (peace be upon him)

Where is this from btw?

#4 Nicholas

Nicholas

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

A song by the band MeWithOutYou, I was just wondering what it meant. They're a Christian band but the singer is Arabic and likes to sing in Arabic in some of his songs. Also I'd like to learn Arabic, its a cool sounding language.

#5 ~mehnaz~

~mehnaz~

La ghalib il'Allah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

A song by the band MeWithOutYou, I was just wondering what it meant. They're a Christian band but the singer is Arabic and likes to sing in Arabic in some of his songs. Also I'd like to learn Arabic, its a cool sounding language.

Oh okay.

I'm trying to learn it too.

Heres links to some sites that may be of interest to you.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_lisanularab(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forums/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_lisanularab(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forums/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=231277&view=findpost&p=671829"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&sh...st&p=671829[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=40510"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=40510[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=149093&view=findpost&p=579274"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&sh...st&p=579274[/url]

:sl:

#6 Nicholas

Nicholas

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

Awesome, thank you for the help!