• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 The Renaissance

The Renaissance

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

Assalamu-Alaikum,

I would to share some of my personal experiences of weird situations in my life and wish for it to be solved if it relates in Islamic context.

When I was little at the ages between 7-9 I used to have what my parents used to call are Ghost spells, I do not know if that is the correct term. Basically what happens from what y parents told me is that from my sleep I wake up goin all crazy like if some jinn or something is in me or something, i couldn't talk i was moving around crying or screaming unusually, last for a minute or two then im back to my sleep. And when I wake up, my parents tell me "what happenned to you?" And i just reply as if nothing happenned, and thats the truth. During that crazy period after waking up i don't remember i acted mad. What is this called? is this some scientific thing? or is this something supernatural in Islamic context.

Another Experince was when I was about 9. It was at night, I was on sitting on the carpet. I looked towards the passageway pointing to bedroom window at the end. There was tree or some thing outside that window. It was really reealy weird and scary. When I was sitting, I couldn't move or do nething, not even talk after looking at whatever it was. People have said to me that it is some sort of Jinn. I have heard somewhere, that it is the Jinn that puts weight on you so you cannot move or do anything. That was one scary experience.

And my latest experience was when I was 21. I was sleeping at night, at sometime in the middle of the night my eyes opened because all of a sudden I feel that someone or something was shaking my duvet, I didn't look towards the direction of the shaking. I was thinking who on earth is shaking my duvet, and it felt very weirtd like a heavy feeling in my entire body. My room was locked, noone can come in. So what I did was I recited Surah Fateha, and the shaking stopped traight after it. It was very strange. I do not what this experience is based on whether its Sleep Paralysis or something to do with Black Magic or Jinns I do not know, but all I know it was strange.

Brothers and sisters please inform what each of these experiences mean. And please brothers and sisters, if you have any these kind of weird experiences of your own please share them.

Assalamu alaikum

#2 Aaleyah

Aaleyah

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Interests:to explore a wide variety of hadiths, reading the Quran and understandin it! education means a lot to me- want to open my own hospital or nursery. and enjoy many things, too much that i don't know which to put down....
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

Walaikum Salam brother/sister

seriously- what u said sounds so scary.
now that u hav brought the subject up, i might as well tell u about my little cousin sister who is only 11.
she experienced something similar to u: every night or nearly all nights she would wake up and snap! and wen my dear Aunty would ask her if she had a bad dream or something she wouldnt want to talk about it. she's been suffering this bad experience since the age of 9 and a half to 11.
i really want to know what it might be that is bothering her. at one occasion, my dear elder brother who is studying at Cambridge Uni thought it was a jinn. but for some reason, i dont want to believe that! i know jinns exist but i find it very hard to believe that the jinns are bothering my cousin sister...

wsalams

#3 friend of all

friend of all

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

:D

I was actually thinking to open a thread on jinn experience last week. :D so guys if you have see it or know anyone have seen it please share.
I will post later about my experience. :D

#4 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

What is meant Allah knows best. Maybe, to show you that jinn exist to increase you belief in the Unseen. Maybe, to show you that you should protect yourself from Shayateen. Maybe, to remind you that Shaytaan is your enemy and the he really exists. Maybe, it means nothing but a reminder that you are not home here on earth and you should increase your homesickness to Paradise, Jannah, and detach yourself from this world, and attach yourself to Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala.

--------------

Edited by muhsinmuttaqi, 13 January 2006 - 06:11 PM.

#5 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

My Own Experience

I personally had an experience with a jinn, too. I believe that this jinn was from the Shayateen, devils, because this jinn tried or seemed to do waswasa in my sleep. I had a dream but it did not feel like a dream. I don't remember the dream itself, but I remember that someone whispered at me. He tried to deceive me. At the beginning, it was soft and not tough but the longer the dream the tougher the test and the whispering of the shaytaan. This shaytaan tried to put doubt in my beliefs and faith. The way the shaytaan proceeded was that he started slowly and easy and increased the intensity of the waswasa until a climax at the end of my dream. But then something amazing happened which makes me feel good. At the end of the dream when the power of the shaytaans waswasa became unbearable in my dream I decided to say: "A'udhu billahi minash-Shaytaanir Rajeem". The amazing part was the when I said it I said it with my real voice. I was sleeping but talking in my sleep and I woke up with saying A'udhu billahi Minash Shaytaanir Rajeem. A'udhu billahi minash Shaytaanir Rajeem put an end to the waswasa. This can only come from Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala. Allah allowed me to say A'udhu in my dream to get out of the dream.

#6 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

However, when I woke up just saying A'udhu only. In my intention in my dream or whatever it was I already wanted to say A'udhu billahi minash Shaytaanir Rajeem, but when I woke up I could only say A'udhu first. As soon I said A'udhu aloud with the voice, I suddenly could not talk anymore because I felt burning in my chest and I felt as if I was paralized and that my speech was blocked. I felt heartbeating. This showed me that a jinn must have been inside me. I was awake put somehow paralized. I felt like as if I have a solid rock inside my chest or someone is sitting on my chest. But then I tried to calm down and I was fighting to say the whole sentence A'udhu billahi minash Shaytaanir Rajeem and I said it in the end aloud. But the bugging of the shaytaan did not end yet. I said the Kalimat Shahada many times and said bismillah to name the Name of Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala, often. Then I did something and this defeated the shaytaan. I first confirmed that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah because the Shaytaan tried to put doubt in my faith. I confirmed that I do not have doubts in my religion and at the end I testified that Shaytaan is my enemy and that I take him as my enemy. To say that was not easy because something tried to block my voice or my speech and my chest felt heavy that I was almost speechless. But as soon a started saying that Shaytaan is my enemy while my eyes was closed I saw a ghost-like creature moving away from me to the top and disappeared. I am not sure if I just imagined the jinn or if I really saw the real jinn. It was like a white foggy thin creature like in the poltergeist movies. It looked like a creature departing from me. When his apparition or the real creature departed my chest felt light again and I felt more relaxed. I immediately got up to pray. During the prayer, I think it was right before the prayer or after the prayer, suddenly I saw a face with big eyes staring at me. I was not sure if this was just halucination or real, but after I recited Ayatul-Kursi nothing happened from then on.

Edited by muhsinmuttaqi, 13 January 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#7 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

I believe in jinn and that jinn are able to do such thing what I experienced. I take this dream as a reminder for myself.

What I like was that I was able to respond to the waswasa of this shaytaan while in the state of sleep. This gives me hope. If I can defeat shaytaan in my sleep then I can also defeat him when I am awake, and I hope that when I die and I am in the state when my soul is prepared to leave the body that I in this stage also can defeat shaytaan. When we die then there is a phase where we like in sleep go back and forth until the Barrier/Barzakh comes down and is set up behind us. Remember, when you fall asleep, there is a process of falling asleep. You do not go to bed and fall asleep immediately. Mostly you are in a stage where you are awake and the sleeping then awake against until you really fall into deep sleep. In this stage at the end of life Shaytaan still has the chance to mislead you, and if he misses you then then he missed you for good. This dream gives me hope that I do pass the fitna of life but also the fitna, trials of death.

That is why we say: We seek refuge in Allah from the punishment of the grave, from the punishment of hellfire, from the trials of life and death and from the evil trials of Maseehid-Dajjaal.

In Arabic: Allahumma innee a'udhu bika min adhaabil qabri wa min adhaabi jahannama wa min fitnatil mahyaa wa mamaati wa min sharri fitnatil Maseehid-Dajjaal.

Salam

Edited by muhsinmuttaqi, 13 January 2006 - 06:28 PM.

#8 al faqeer

al faqeer

Community Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,385 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

Yes i had these experience a couple of times and actually tried to get on the jinns nerves if they have any , I could actually hear one laughing in my ear while I was half wake so i laughed back :D and started reading The Muawithaat and ayatal Kursi and whatever type of jinn it was left Alhamdulilah For the power of the Quraan .

also I remember seeing a black shadow like a ladies abaya moving so fast from the ground up a building A3uuthubillah .

and my mom saw like a small midget in my room while she was hanging up my Clothes , We put Al BAqara and Aal Imran in the house a lot .

#9 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:42 PM

salaams

There is a scientific explanation for the first experience you told us about. Small children are often affected by something called "night terrors".

Within fifteen minutes of your falling asleep, a child will probably enter her deepest sleep of the night. This period of slow wave sleep, or deep non-REM sleep, will typically last from forty-five to seventy-five minutes. At this time, most children will transition to a lighter sleep stage or will wake briefly before returning to sleep. Some children, however, get stuck -- unable to completely emerge from slow wave sleep. Caught between stages, these children experience a period of partial arousal.

Partial arousal states are classified in three categories: 1) sleep walking, 2) confusional arousal, and 3) true sleep terrors. These are closely related phenomena that are all part of the same spectrum of behavior.

When most people (including the popular press and popular parenting literature) speak of sleep terrors, they are generally referring to what are called confusional arousals by most pediatric sleep experts (Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine in the Child, by Ferber and Kryger). Confusional arousals are quite common, taking place in as many as 15% of toddler and pre-school children. They typically occur in the first third of the night on nights when the child is over-tired, or when the sleep-wake schedule has been irregular for several days.

A confusional arousal begins with the child moaning and moving about. It progresses quickly to the child crying out and thrashing wildly. The eyes may be open or closed, and perspiration is common. The child will look confused, upset, or even "possessed" (a description volunteered by many parents). Even if the child does call out her parents' names, she will not recognize them. She will appear to look right through them, unable to see them. Parental attempts to comfort the child by holding or cuddling tend to prolong the situation. Typically a confusional arousal will last for about ten minutes, although it may be as short as one minute, and it is not unusual for the episode to last for a seemingly eternal forty minutes.

#10 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

During these frightening episodes, the child is not dreaming and typically will have no memory of the event afterwards (unlike a nightmare). If any memory persists, it will be a vague feeling of being chased, or of being trapped. The event itself seems to be a storm of neural emissions in which the child experiences an intense flight or fight sensation. A child usually settles back to quiet sleep without difficulty.

These are very different from nightmares. You won't become aware of your child's nightmares until after she awakens and tells you about them. They are scary dreams that usually occur during the second half of the night, when dreaming is most concentrated. A child may be fearful following a nightmare, but will recognize you and be reassured by your presence. She may have trouble falling back asleep, though, because of her vivid memory of the scary dream.

True sleep terrors are a more intense form of partial arousal. They are considerably less common than confusional arousals, and are seldom described in popular parenting literature. True sleep terrors are primarily a phenomenon of adolescence. They occur in less than 1% of the population. These bizarre episodes begin with the child suddenly sitting bolt upright with the eyes bulging wide-open, and emitting a blood-curdling scream. The child is drenched in sweat with a look of abject terror on his or her face. The child will leap out of bed, heart pounding, and run blindly from an unseen threat, breaking windows and furniture that block the way. Thus true sleep terrors can be quite dangerous, in that injury during these episodes is not unusual. Thankfully they are much shorter in duration than the more common confusional arousals of the pre-school period.

The tendency toward sleepwalking, confusional arousals, and true sleep terrors often runs in families. The events are often triggered by sleep deprivation or by the sleep schedule's shifting irregularly over the preceding few days. A coincidentally timed external stimulus, such as moving a blanket or making a loud noise, can also trigger a partial arousal (which again shows that the event is a sudden neural storm rather than a result of a complicated dream).
(Thanks to dr. greene. com for the info)

#11 al faqeer

al faqeer

Community Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,385 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

w/salam sis dasbenzine

So are you saying you do not believe the Jinn can affect us Ins or humans ?

#12 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

I am not sure what Jinns can and cannot do, but there are some things that can be explained scientifically, and as a responsible thinker it is my duty to find the most rational explanation possible before I turn to the unseen.

#13 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

As for his last experience, it is called sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis). Physiologically, it is closely related to the normal paralysis that occurs during REM sleep, also known as REM atonia.

Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is awakened from a REM state into essentially a normal fully awake state, but the bodily paralysis is still occurring. This causes the person to be fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, this state is usually accompanied by certain specific kinds of hallucinations. This state usually lasts no more than two minutes before a person is able to either return to full REM sleep or to become fully awake, though the sense of how much time has gone by is often distorted during sleep paralysis. People who are fortunate enough to be facing a clock while having an episode may often be surprised to see how little time has gone by during an episode that seems to last a very long time.

More often than not, sleep paralysis is believed by the person affected by it to be no more than a dream. This is the reason why there are many dream recountings which describe the person being lying frozen and unable to move. The hallucinogenic element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as simply a dream, as one might see completely fanciful objects in a room alongside the normal vision one can see.

#14 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

Many report hallucinations during episodes of sleep paralysis. The features of these hallucinations generally vary by individual, but some are more common to the experience than others:

Most common

* Vividness
* Fear

Common

* Sensing a "presence" (often malevolent)
* Pressure/weight on body (especially the chest). See for example the painting in the begining of this article, which is due to this phenomenon.
* A sensation of not being able to breathe
* Impending sense of doom/death

Fairly common

* Auditory hallucinations (often footsteps or indistinct voices, or pulsing noises). Auditory hallucinations which are described as noise instead of hallucinations of legible sounds, are often described to be similar to auditory hallucinations caused by Nitrous Oxide by persons who have experienced both.
* Visual hallucinations such as people or shadows walking around the room

Less common

* Floating sensation (sometimes associated with out-of-body experiences)
* Seemingly seamless transition into full hallucinations or dreaming, also associated with out-of-body experiences
* Tactile hallucinations (such as a hand touching or grabbing)

Rare

* Falling sensation
* Vibration

(Source: Wikipedia)

#15 al faqeer

al faqeer

Community Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,385 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:53 PM

Islam Is not about rational explinations sis thats why some people are secularlists , Just Because the brain Cant comprehend something doesnt mean its Impossible to happen .

Allah SWT has told us about the Jinn and How they can see us and we cannot see them and even affect us in the Quran .

Existence

The Jinn are beings created with free will, living on earth in a world parallel to mankind. The Arabic word Jinn is from the verb 'Janna' which means to hide or conceal. Thus, they are physically invisible from man as their description suggests. This invisibility is one of the reasons why some people have denied their existence. However, (as will be seen) the affect which the world of the Jinn has upon our world, is enough to refute this modern denial of one of Allah's creation. The origins of the Jinn can be traced from the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Allah says:

"Indeed We created man from dried clay of black smooth mud. And We created the Jinn before that from the smokeless flame of fire"
[Surah Al-Hijr 15:26-27]

A good read here Jazakumullah khair

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa/belief/jinn.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa/belief/jinn.html[/url]

#16 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

Please don't misunderstand, I never said Jinn did not exist, but you yourself say that they are meant to be invisible. :D

Science has proven to us what two of his experiences could be. I do not think that Islam disagrees with science, does it?

#17 al faqeer

al faqeer

Community Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,385 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

Sis Science is man made and based on theory most of them un Islamic Researchers and we cannot take from them matters of releigion as they are proven not to be able to comprehend many things in religion and as proved today that our religion alhamdulilah is always one step ahead of science .

Now take this subject for example Your argument is based on Nervous reaction but you cant go far enough as prove what causes it ?

and The Quran Has clearly mentioned that Jinn can harm so do you accept or reject ?

#18 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

Salam

The sciences you talked about could be the symptomes of what the jinn cause or it is a footprint of jinn or a sign that a jinn are involved.

Salam

#19 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

Assalamu Alaykum

However, I know what I know and that is:

Allah knows best

Salam

#20 dasbenzine

dasbenzine

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

I can only speak opinion on the matter of Jinn. I believe they exist but I don't know what interferences they may have in anyone's life. I wanted to offer the original poster a different point of view.

Allah knows best