11 replies to this topic

#1 ashahab

ashahab

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:52 AM

:D

I have seen a link that states that Robin Van Persie (Arsenal striker) is a Muslim.

Is this true ?

(www.)"http://[img]en.wikipedia[img]/wiki/Robin_van_Persie"][img]en.wikipedia[img]/wiki/Robin_van_Persie[/url]

Insha Allah, I would be greatful if nanyone has any furether info on this then can they please put it up on the message board.

#2 Arsalan

Arsalan

Slave of Allah.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Islam , Science, Maths.. cricket, trees clouds rain, sparrows, birds.. blah blah blah

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

Yeh i heard. Is Teirrie Henry Muslim?

Iam not saying he Isnt, iam just saying int.

#3 Al Ansary

Al Ansary

3aashiq al 7oor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

duno, about henry and dont think so
but Van Persie is a muslim he is a revert, he's married to a morrocan lady

Edited by The_Mujahid, 02 July 2006 - 05:21 PM.

#4 zabrina

zabrina

~ Life Storyteller ~

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Traveling, Reading, Listening, Watching, Pondering.... and so many other ...ings *smile*

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

:D / Peace to all,

This thread was moved here by me...

Sis Zabrina

#5 Liberté

Liberté

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Religion: Judaism

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:16 PM

duno, about henry and dont think so
but Van Persie is a muslim he is a revert, he's married to a morrocan lady

What is a revert? I am sure he wasn't Muslim from birth, don't you mean convert. Unless you believe that everyone is born Muslim and in taking up the religion they are merely "reverting". Is this so? Do all Muslims believe this?

#6 Haafid

Haafid

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

Yes they do.

'Revert' is actually a more appropriate term than 'convert', since all human beings are born pure. By embracing Islam, one returns to the original and sinless state in which God created him or her. There is a hadith to this effect.

About V persie.. Who cares? If anyone is muslim, it is for hiw own good. Let us stop worshiping celebraties.

#7 Al Ansary

Al Ansary

3aashiq al 7oor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

:D psssshhht, how are we worshipping him...??can u explain...

Edited by The_Mujahid, 04 July 2006 - 04:06 PM.

#8 Liberté

Liberté

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Religion: Judaism

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

Yes they do.
'Revert' is actually a more appropriate term than 'convert', since all human beings are born pure. By embracing Islam, one returns to the original and sinless state in which God created him or her. There is a hadith to this effect.

Well i guess if you believe that then fine. Would it be offensive for me to say that someone who abandons Islam for atheism has seen the light and bowed to logic and philosophy?

I think Van Persie must be a muslim... Often in a game he dives to the ground for no reason, must be time for daily prayers!

#9 anthony19832005

anthony19832005

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:23 AM

Often in a game he dives to the ground for no reason, must be time for daily prayers!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#10 sincere_sister

sincere_sister

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

Would it be offensive for me to say that someone who abandons Islam for atheism has seen the light and bowed to logic and philosophy?

Offensive?! Never, I think I'd applaud you for your ignorance and stupidity.

Why I wonder, just like the person you mention, you yourself haven't seen the light and left this IslamIC forum. And if you think atheism is so great - do you not have confidence in what you so boldly declare to be so magnificent - or has Judaism been severely altered so as to it has now become the new atheism?

As for your bitterness against Van Persie - you are obviously a Chelsea/Man Utd fan. Or a poor Spurs fan.

By the way, 11 Muslim players must have knocked England out of the World Cup the other day and will be doing the same tonight against you the frogs (no offence to my French muslim bros and sis). We sure are one hell of a team with all the diving lessons and red cards we seem to give other teams!
Good luck Portugal!!!

Bye.

PS. As an England fan I really begged my Muslim brothers in the Portugese team to miss those penalties, but being the 'bad bad men' they are they refused! :D

edit my admin:
This post violates rule 22. No insulting words please. Action taken against poster.

#11 Hasib

Hasib

Community Leader

• IF Guardian
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

We sure are one hell of a team with all the diving lessons and red cards we seem to give other teams! Good luck Portugal!!!

Italy and Portugal are the worst teams when it comes to crying wolf.. ugh! how many times they've faked a small touch that even a 2yr old baby girl wouldn't mind but these grown up babies roll around on the grass like their life is being sucked out and then the very next camera scene they up and and running about as if nothing happened! i'm glad portugal is out.. and Vive la France!

#12 Guest_amani_*

Guest_amani_*

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

heres a link with a poll regarding this. best discuss it there instead of having two threads :D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=30791"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=30791[/url]