#21 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Assalamu Alaykum

The reason why I thought that it might be tribal or gang related issues instead of relgious is that I learned that usually a tribe usually is associated with a religion.

For example, Batak are Christian, Javanese are usually Muslim, Sunanese are usually Muslim, Padang are usually Muslim, or Melayu Deli are Muslim.

Sometimes, I have the feeling that the situations are similar to wars among gangs. They just us the religion as a trademark in a manner gangs in America use Nike and Adidas or other brandnames as trademark of their particular gangs.

However, as an Indonesian, you, akhi Yasnov, I think you know better about the situation than me.

I think that the Dutch/Portugiese during the Colonialism era used the Divide-and-Rule Method to gain power over the Indonesian people.

I recognize that everywhere where Europeans colonialized lands, their people are in war with each other. The Europeans divided them and made them enemies to each other, especially in African countries. The main purpose of the colonialism was to fight/destroy the Muslim world.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala give the oppressed the great victory which is Jannah.
The criminals can only harm the bodies, but their souls are free.

#22 Yasnov

Yasnov

<----- eye to eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,405 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

:sl:

well, you seem to have a good grasp of the ethnic groups in indonesia. where are you from, brother yusha isra'eel?

the involvement of the churches and priests from the start in this violence (in terms of initiating, supporting and encouraging the attacks against Muslims) is a good reason why we should call this conflict a religiously motivated one. in most cases, the christian perpetrators were blessed by their priests before they slaughtered any muslims that they can get in sight: women, children, elderly.
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetinfid.be/poso_tibo_synod.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetinfid.be/poso_tibo_synod.htm[/url]

it's like what happened in rwanda.
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgoogle.co.id/search?num=100&hl=id&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&as_qdr=all&q=church+genocide+rwanda&btnG=Telusuri&meta="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgoogle.co.id/search?num=100&...usuri&meta=[/url]

wassalam,
y

#23 Muhsinmuttaqi

Muhsinmuttaqi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

My wife is from Indonesia and I married my wife in Bogor, Indonesia. Her family actually comes from the Medan region in Sumatra. Her father is Javanese and her mother family is basically Melayu Deli. They also had dutch/pakistani/arabic ancestors.

I also studied geography by myself. Since small, I was interested in countries and maps. Then when I got older, I was interested in anthropology as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it be unsafe for me to live in Indonesia or a these riots and massacre only on certain islands?

The settlement of account is very close. Then we will see what will happen to these primitive oppressors, and those Church-Dajjaloon.

Edited by Yusha Isra'eel, 03 July 2008 - 02:08 PM.

#24 Yasnov

Yasnov

<----- eye to eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,405 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

Would it be unsafe for me to live in Indonesia or a these riots and massacre only on certain islands?

:sl:

it's actually safe to live in most areas in indonesia. despite all of those violence in that certain islands, we're actually a bunch of friendly people. people get provoked sometimes, and violence occured as spur of the moment thing. but after sometimes, everything would be calm again, and everyone resumes their life as usual and in peace.

wassalam,
y