Macaroni And Cheese
Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:02 PM
Okay, so this recipe is really simple, get a box of M&C, follow the ingredients on the back and voila you've got yourself macaroni and cheese
If you like macaroni and cheese you're going to love this recipe, its really creamy plus its simple to make
What you will need:
250 mL elbow macaroni (1 cup)
30 mL margarine (2 Tbsp)
25 mL flour (2 Tbsp + 2 tsp)
2 mL salt (1/2 tsp)
375 mL milk (1-1/2 cup)
50 mL chopped onion (1/4 cup)
150 g medium cheddar cheese, cubed or grated (1/4 lb)
25 mL bread crumbs (2 Tbsp + 2 tsp)
25 mL margarine (2 Tbsp + 2 tsp)
1 tomato, sliced
1. Cook elbow macaroni in boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Set aside.
2. In non-stick pan, melt margarine; blend in flour, salt and pepper
3. Add milk; cook and stir with wooden spoon until thick and bubbly.
4. Add chopped onion and cheese; stir until melted.
5. Mix cheese sauce with macaroni. Turn into 1.5 L casserole
6. Top with buttered bread crumbs (Melt margarine in fry pan; add bread crumbs;
stir until evenly coated) slice tomatoes, add. Sprinkle with salt
7. Bake in 350 F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes is also fine.
Makes 4 servings
Btw: if you don't like tomatoes you don't have to add them.