#1 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Interests:ISLAM
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

Aslaamwalaikum ,

Ok, im not sure if this is the right place to post this topic, but i was just wondering of muslims knew about Lohe Qurani?

It consists of letters from the Quran, like the begininng letters of sura's...i.e. Alif Laam Meem, Ya Sin etc

there are eight boxes or sets of letters and the ninth one saying AMEEN.

I look at the lohe qurani quite a lot, because it really does help.

so basicallly im just asking about your views,

I think i go a bit extreme sometimes and look at every lohe qurani in the house..for quite a while (hoping someone could reassure me, because i think it shud only be looked at in the morning, and i dont want to do bida and worship it, May Allah forgive me for any mistakes :D , but sometimes i see a glimse of the lohe qurani and then i think i HAVE to look at it for 5mins, dont know if its right or not)

ok, Jazak Allah in advance:)

#2 Shazzo

Shazzo

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 05:12 PM

:D

This sounds like an innovation. The Quran in it's entirety is what should be looked at, read and pondered upon in order to make a difference upon our lives. To put mystical properties on the words which none but Allah knows the meaning of is wrong. What is clear in the Quran is what will benefit you. Insha Allah you should desist from these practices. Much greater benefit can be attained from reading and understanding the entire quran as well as learning authentic duas.

Hope that helps

Your sis in Islam
Shazneen

#3 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

jazak-Allah sister for your response...

really..but on the bottom it says to be looked at every morning, and many muslim familes to hang this up ,

im confused now, its true..i dont hear many muslims say to look at it, but i dont know

#4 shamil5

shamil5

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:56 PM

I use to keep that in my wallet too. But not anymore.
The meanings of those Koranic words are known only by Allah(SWT).
So how people can say It should be hung in the house.
If Its a hadith follow It, otherwise leave It.
Koran is for Reciting and for implementing what Koran says.
Not for looking at It.

Assalam Aleekum and
take care

#5 Hashi Al-Eritre

Hashi Al-Eritre

Following the Truth means Following the Salaf

• PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Deen Deen Deen.

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:30 PM

assalaamu 'alaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I think Shazzo and Shamil have answered your questions sufficiently, though just here to reassure you it is an innovation in the religion and has no place in Islam. As Shamil said, if its in a hadeeth that we should do this, then follow it, but there isnt any hadeeth like this. And as Shazzo said, we are not allowed to put mystical meanings to them as the Prophet sulAllahu 'alayhi wassalaam never taught us any meanings to it, except that only Allah knows its meaning.

Stick to the authentic duas and dhikrs:

Arabic and English
[img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-knowledge(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Hisn_al_Muslim/Hisn_Al_Muslim.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-knowledge(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Hisn_al_M...n_Al_Muslim.htm[/url]

Just English
[img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqhussunnah/fus4_64.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqhussunnah/fus4_64.html[/url]

Edited by Hashi Al-Eritre, 01 January 2005 - 11:35 PM.

#6 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

Aslaamwalaikum,

ok Jazak Allah khair 4 ur replies...however...i want to ask...i have quite a few 'lohe qurani's' in my house, on the wall...can i still leave them up? as they r from the Quran and its nothing made up....

Howver, i have noticed...where it says...look at every morning...it is written in urdu...so does that mean...the pakistani's have made is like a culture? coz i have never read it written in english. But if its not encouraged in Islam (i mean displaying, looking at lohe qurani) then why are there soo many available?

is it to make extra business?

I do look at it in the morning....but i have cut down a lot...coz b4 i used 2 basically look at it 24/7 (not really, but u knw)....

And also, what r ur views on displays ayats from the Quran on walls? like, now i have begun to read them...is it allowed?

Aslaamwalaiukm

#7 SparklLZz

SparklLZz

~ Allah hu Akbar ~

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:25 PM

Asalaamualaikum

okay im probably going to sound really stupid, but when you say "LOOK AT" You do mean READ right? not just sit and STARE at them??

My mum has on her bedside and reads it in the morning i think, so do alot of people i know. I will tell my mum about this

Jazakhallah
Ma'salaama

#8 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

Aslaamwalaiukum,

I do read it, but i also stare at it.... :D

#9 SparklLZz

SparklLZz

~ Allah hu Akbar ~

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:31 PM

Aslaamwalaiukum,

I do read it, but i also stare at it.... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Asalaamualaikum

okay staring at it is just plain wrong...

#10 amd

amd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:21 AM

:D sister,

Beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly-invented matter is an innovation.

Regarding this topic, it has been said before, and I'll revive the saying again: When there is no proof for it in the religion, then you aught to safe guard yourself from it. When something new is introduced in to the religion, it then becomes an innovation (bid'ah) in the religion. And every bid'ah leads astray.

however...i want to ask...i have quite a few 'lohe qurani's' in my house, on the wall...can i still leave them up? as they r from the Quran and its nothing made up....

Sister, it is an innovation (a newly invented matter) into the religion. It is important that you remove them, and you will be rewarded for it. And there are hadiths at the end of the post, so Insh'Allah you'll have a read at them, and the matter will become crystal clear to you.

Howver, i have noticed...where it says...look at every morning...it is written in urdu...so does that mean...the pakistani's have made is like a culture? coz i have never read it written in english. But if its not encouraged in Islam (i mean displaying, looking at lohe qurani) then why are there soo many available? is it to make extra business?

One of the early scholars, Al-Barbahaaree, one of the companions of Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, said, "Beware of "Bid'ah", because every "Bid'ah" started out as something small and resembling the truth and people were fooled by it and followed it until it became bigger and bigger and were trapped by it and it took them out of Islaam."

And also, what r ur views on displays ayats from the Quran on walls? like, now i have begun to read them...is it allowed?

Have a read at a fatwa issued by the Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta', regarding: [img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.qurancomplex(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/qfatwa/display.asp?f=46&l=eng&ps=subFtwa"]Writing down verses on placards or posters[/url].

----------------------------------------------------------
Some hadiths regarding innovations:

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Every innovation is misguidance and going astray" Reported by Abu Daawood (no. 4607), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676) and it is saheeh. Ibn Hajr authenticated it Takhreej Ahaadeeth Ibn ul-Haajib (1/137).

The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also warned against the People of Innovation, from befriending, supporting or taking from them saying: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Reported by Bukhaaree (12/41) and Muslim (9/140).

Edited by amd, 09 January 2005 - 05:28 AM.

#11 amd

amd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:22 AM

okay staring at it is just plain wrong...

I hope Inah'Allah, this matter became more clear to you as well. Staring or reading it is no different, both are plain wrong. For every innovation is a misguidance and has no place in the religion.

#12 Hashi Al-Eritre

Hashi Al-Eritre

• PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:18 AM

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

maashaa Allah brother amd... excellent reply. i was gonna reply, but u beat me to it, maashaa Allah.

wassalaamu 'alaikom

#13 shamil5

shamil5

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

Beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly-invented matter is an innovation.

Regarding this topic, it has been said before, and I'll revive the saying again: When there is no proof for it in the religion, then you aught to safe guard yourself from it. When something new is introduced in to the religion, it then becomes an innovation (bid'ah) in the religion. And every bid'ah leads astray.
Sister, it is an innovation (a newly invented matter) into the religion. It is important that you remove them, and you will be rewarded for it. And there are hadiths at the end of the post, so Insh'Allah you'll have a read at them, and the matter will become crystal clear to you.
One of the early scholars, Al-Barbahaaree, one of the companions of Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, said, "Beware of "Bid'ah", because every "Bid'ah" started out as something small and resembling the truth and people were fooled by it and followed it until it became bigger and bigger and were trapped by it and it took them out of Islaam."
Have a read at a fatwa issued by the Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta', regarding: [img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.qurancomplex(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/qfatwa/display.asp?f=46&l=eng&ps=subFtwa"]Writing down verses on placards or posters[/url].
----------------------------------------------------------
Some hadiths regarding innovations:

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Every innovation is misguidance and going astray" Reported by Abu Daawood (no. 4607), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676) and it is saheeh. Ibn Hajr authenticated it Takhreej Ahaadeeth Ibn ul-Haajib (1/137).

The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also warned against the People of Innovation, from befriending, supporting or taking from them saying: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Reported by Bukhaaree (12/41) and Muslim (9/140).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalaam Aleekum
Brother, this is the first time I have read the last Hadith that you posted.
The wordings are so strong. May Allah(SWT) have mercy on us.

Take Care

#14 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

Aslaamwalaiukm,

ok, Jazak Allah every1 from ur replies..im much clear on the topic.

However....(sorry) i have another query/question....basically...if im required to take the 'lohe qurani' down....then what should i do with them? Ive got 5 frames of it....as i cant give it to another muslim....but then i will never throw it away.......should i bury it in a field...however....it is hard 2 find pure fields in the UK, as these tend to be the fields where people take their dogs.

Hmmm how about throwing it in the river...but then the 'lohe qurani's' r made of glass...

lastly, im soo sorry for just carryin on this topic.....and lettin it drag....

p.s. any1 actually seen a lohe qurani? (coz my spelling mayb diff)

#15 shamil5

shamil5

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

Aslaamwalaiukm,

ok, Jazak Allah every1 from ur replies..im much clear on the topic.
However....(sorry) i have another query/question....basically...if im required to take the 'lohe qurani' down....then what should  i do with them? Ive got 5 frames of it....as i cant give it to another muslim....but then i will never throw it away.......should i bury it in a field...however....it is hard 2 find pure fields in the UK, as these tend to be the fields where people take their dogs.

Hmmm how about throwing it in the river...but then the 'lohe qurani's' r made of glass...
lastly, im soo sorry for just carryin on this topic.....and lettin it drag....

p.s. any1 actually seen a lohe qurani? (coz my spelling mayb diff)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalam Aleekum

Keep the in your closet. Yes, I have seen It.

Take Care

#16 SparklLZz

SparklLZz

~ Allah hu Akbar ~

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

I hope Inah'Allah, this matter became more clear to you as well. Staring or reading it is no different, both are plain wrong. For every innovation is a misguidance and has no place in the religion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Asalaamualaikum

yep jazakhallah for the info. i was just emphasising the wrong in staring at it

#17 Hashi Al-Eritre

Hashi Al-Eritre

• PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

Assalaamu 'alaikom wa rahmatullah,

sister dont be sorry, may Allah reward you for being diligent in learning His Rulings and obeying Him.

You should definately get rid of them. I called an Imaam of a masjid that i attend, i know the brother to have some knowledge maashaa Allah, and inquired about what you should do with this lohe qurani. He asked me what kind of material the pictures are made of, i told him i did not know. He basically said if its fabric, you can cut it up in pieces and throw it in the garbage or recycle. if it has bismillah, make sure that part is cut up properly so that the peices dont carry Allah's name. If its wood, try to break it up into pieces. If its paper, rip it up. You can also burn them. So long as none of the pieces carry Allah;s name or complete verses of the quran, its okay to throw them away or recylce them. And if u choose to burn them, the ashes can be discarded any way u wish.

inshaa Allah i hope that helped.

#18 - IQRA -

- IQRA -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

Aslaamwalaiukm

Jazak Allah for the info....

I will have to break the glass and and somehow scratch off the letters...b'coz it is hard to burn, snap or tear.

This is quite sad, as I know the Lohe Qurani is widely sold in many countries, such as Pakistan etc...and people are buying but may not have this knowledge of creating b'idah/innovation.

#19 Hashi Al-Eritre

Hashi Al-Eritre

• PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:21 PM

I will have to break the glass and and somehow scratch off the letters...b'coz it is hard to burn, snap or tear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

thats also fine inshaaAllah, so long as it serves to fulfill the objective.