#1 shiningstar

shiningstar

~Beyond d Horizon~

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,080 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:00 AM

asalaamu'alalikum

Brothers & Sisters share here with us your favourite hadiths.

---------------------------

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 127:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"

#2 Chaand

Chaand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Interests:https://twitter.com/JPWitkamp Aww Smile (✿◠‿◠)

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:15 AM

Asalaamo aleykum,

this is my favourite Hadith, it makes me cry , so beautiful !

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

:D

#3 Islamismylife

Islamismylife

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:In like travelling, cooking and love this Forum Allhamdullillah!

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

Assalamu Alaikum

Thats one of my favourite Hadith's too - (Saffia)... makes me tear as well... I read in the Al-Jummuah magazine that this is a Hadith that one can base their whole life upon... and if you reflect properly, then it is true.

I like the the one Shiningstar has written as well !

I hope and Pray Ramadhan is going well for all you my brothers and sisters on the [img]"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url] and all other Muslims in the world InshAllah!

Walaikum Assalaam

#4 Mansoor Ansari

Mansoor Ansari

Allah... I m yr Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:18 PM

I have 2 favorite ones

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 11, Number 617:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is I was about to order for collecting fire-wood (fuel) and then order Someone to pronounce the Adhan for the prayer and then order someone to lead the prayer then I would go from behind and burn the houses of men who did not present themselves for the (compulsory congregational) prayer. By Him, in Whose Hands my soul is, if anyone of them had known that he would get a bone covered with good meat or two (small) pieces of meat present in between two ribs, he would have turned up for the 'Isha' prayer.

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 11, Number 626:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the Masjids) even if they had to c awl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."

#5 IslamIsTheSolution

IslamIsTheSolution

Ya Allah,I pray to die with Quran in my heart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my family, and nature walks, traveling with my family all over , Reading .

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:06 PM

salamalekom

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 579:

Narrated Abu Musa (Radiallahu Anhu): The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "The example of a believer who recites the Qur'an and acts on it, like a citron which tastes nice and smells nice. And the example of a believer who does not recite the Qur'an but acts on it, is like a date which tastes good but has no smell. And the example of a hypocrite who recites the Qur'an is like a Raihana (sweet basil) which smells good but tastes bitter And the example of a hypocrite who does not recite the Quran is like a colocynth which tastes bitter and has a bad smell."
-Sahih Bukhari

#6 Chaand

Chaand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Interests:https://twitter.com/JPWitkamp Aww Smile (✿◠‿◠)

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:03 PM

Asalaamo aleykum,

Subhanallah, Islam-is-the-Solution, that is so beautiful !! :D

Jazaka Allahu geiran !!! :D

#7 Jawharah

Jawharah

. . . amatullah . . .

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts
  • Interests:Bugging you...
    Annoying you...
    Irritatating you...
    Basically, anything that doesn't make you too happy. ;) Unless you're weird, and you get happy by the above, in which case, I advice you to seek help. Fast!

Seriously though...my interests are anything to do with the Quran and Sunnah. :) And sewing and crocheting. :)

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:41 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

Jazakallah khair brothers and sisters.

Volume 3, Book 43, Number 622:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar (Radiallahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection. "
[Sahih Bukhari]

Wasalaam

#8 cheerio

cheerio

~ Hujjat al-Islam ~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:35 AM

Assalamu alaikum

This is one of my favorites:

Sahih Bukhari:
Volume 2, Book 24, Number 508:
Narrated Hakim bin Hizam

The Prophet said, "The upper hand is better than the lower hand (i.e. he who gives in charity is better than him who takes it). One should start giving first to his dependents. And the best object of charity is that which is given by a wealthy person (from the money which is left after his expenses). And whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him and save him from asking others, Allah will make him self-sufficient."

#9 Arif

Arif

Read Surah Al Imran Ayats - 27 & 28

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Unification of Entire Ummah.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:53 AM

Asalaamo aleykum,

this is my favourite Hadith, it makes me cry , so beautiful !

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed. 

:P

Mine Too & all Hadith Qudsi

:w:

#10 sharihan

sharihan

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

Imam Bukhari (rahmatullahi alaihe) narrates on the authority of Hadhrat Abu Hurairah "That the Prophet of Allah has stated; "I swear by He, in whose hands my life lies, that none of you are true believers until I am not more beloved to him than his parents, children and the whole mankind."

#11 o2cute4u

o2cute4u

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:Islam (that's why I'm here), family, friends, animals, reading, writing, and talking.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:27 AM

:w:

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 857:
Narrated Um Kulthum bint Uqba:

That she heard Allah's Apostle saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Volume 3, Book 47, Number 740:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbour even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Volume 4, Book 52, Number 41:

Narrated Abdullah bin Masud:

I asked Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the best deed?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is next in goodness?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I further asked, what is next in goodness?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." I did not ask Allah's Apostle anymore and if I had asked him more, he would have told me more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Volume 3, Book 43, Number 622:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . "

#12 Bint Ali

Bint Ali

*=* *=*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:11 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet :saa: said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the Masjid and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the Masjid in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the Masjid in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba."

[Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 13, Number 51]

#13 Bint Ali

Bint Ali

*=* *=*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:23 PM

Volume 3, Book 43, Number 632:
Narrated Said bin Zaid:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever usurps the land of somebody unjustly, his neck will be encircled with it down the seven earths (on the Day of Resurrection). "

#14 Keeping Faith

Keeping Faith

Rabbi zidni ilma'a

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, family, friends, reading stories of the Prophets to my li'l brother at night and 'specially learning more about Islam.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:12 PM

:P
There are such beautiful ones but this is one of my favorites because of the love for the Prophet (:saa:) his companions had, :D and also our beloved Prophet :saa:'s sensitivity. :D

[Bukhari: Vol3, B87, N150]

Narrated Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him):

We were sitting with Allah's Apostle, he said, "While I was sleeping, I saw myself in Paradise. Suddenly I saw a woman performing ablution beside a palace. I asked, "For whom is this palace?" They (the angels)replied, "It is for 'Umar bin Al-Khattab." Then I remembered 'Umar's ghira and went back hurriedly." On hearing that, 'Umar started weepingand said, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you. O Allah's Apostle! How dare I think of my Ghira being offended by you?"

Edited by Keeping Faith, 27 October 2004 - 08:14 PM.

#15 o2cute4u

o2cute4u

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:Islam (that's why I'm here), family, friends, animals, reading, writing, and talking.

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:08 AM

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 24:
Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) A lady along with her two daughters came to me asking me (for some alms), but she found nothing with me except one date which I gave to her and she divided it between her two daughters, and then she got up and went away. Then the Prophet came in and I informed him about this story. He said, "Whoever is in charge of (put to test by) these daughters and treats them generously, then they will act as a shield for him from the (Hell) Fire."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 28:
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

Some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, "Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?" We replied, "No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire)." The Prophet then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 425:
Narrated Mujahid:

'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."

#16 Mansoor Ansari

Mansoor Ansari

Allah... I m yr Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:49 PM

whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection. "

I didn't get this part :D

#17 Tamarbutah

Tamarbutah

'The Believer's are but a single Brotherhood' Quran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:46 PM

There's so many nice ones, here's a few..

“Be mindful of Allah and He will protect you.
Be mindful of Allah, and you will
find Him in front of you.�
(Tirmidhi)

The strong man is not the one who is strong in wrestling,
but the one who controls himself in anger.
(Sahih Bukhari

… And whoever remains patient, Allah
will make him patient. Nobody can be given a
blessing better and greater than patience. (Bukhari)

There is a polish for everything that takes away rust;
and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah.
(Bukhari)

#18 Ilmseeker

Ilmseeker

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:*Learing about Islam<br />*Working out

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:25 AM

Assalamualaikum

Here's a good one:

Abu Hurairah reports the Prophet (pbuh) said:

"This world is the believer's prison and the unbeliever's paradise."

Assalamu alaikum

#19 Tamarbutah

Tamarbutah

'The Believer's are but a single Brotherhood' Quran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

Some more nice ones.....

Do not be like the hypocrite who, when he talks, tells lies;
when he makes a promise, breaks it; and when he is trusted,
proves dishonest.
(Bukhari and Muslim)

Whoever causes a harm to believers,
Allah harms him. Whoever causes difficulty to them,
Allah makes his way difficult.
(Tirmidhi)

One should beg one's Lord with a will and full devotion,
for there is nothing in the eye of Allah which
He cannot grant.
(Muslim)

When the heart of a believer is filled with these two feelings
of hope and fear, Almighty Allah fulfils his hope and saves
him from what he fears.
(Ibn Majah)

Allah has revealed to me that you must be humble,
so that no one boasts over another,
or oppresses another.
(Muslim)

#20 Keeping Faith

Keeping Faith

Rabbi zidni ilma'a

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, family, friends, reading stories of the Prophets to my li'l brother at night and 'specially learning more about Islam.

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:04 PM

This one is long but its SO beautiful. Subhaan'Allah! Allah's mercy is neverending. :D
-----

The people said to Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him), "O Rasulullah! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night?" They said, "No, O Allah's Prophet." He (peace be upon him) said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun when there are no clouds?" They said, "No, O Allah's Prophet." He (peace be upon him) said, "So you will see Him, like that. Allah will gather all the people on the Day of Resurrection, and say, 'Whoever worshipped something (in the world) should follow (that thing),' so, whoever worshipped the sun will follow the sun, and whoever worshiped the moon will follow the moon, and whoever used to worship certain (other false) deities, he will follow those deities. And there will remain only this nation with its good people (or its hypocrites). Allah will come to them and say, 'I am your Lord.' They will (deny Him and) say, 'We will stay here till our Lord comes, for when our Lord comes, we will recognize Him.' So Allah will come to them in His appearance, which they know, and will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say, 'You are our Lord,' so they will follow Him.

“Then a bridge will be laid across Hell (Fire). My followers and I will be the first ones to go across it and none will speak on that Day except the Prophet. And the invocation of the Prophet on that Day will be, 'O Allah, save! Save!' …Some of the people will stay in Hell (be destroyed) because of their (evil) deeds, and some will …fall into Hell and some will be punished and then relieved. When Allah has finished His Judgments among the people, He will take whomever He will out of Hell through His Mercy. He will then order the angels to take out of the Fire all those who used to worship none but Allah from among those whom Allah wanted to be merciful to and those who testified (in the world) that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah. The angels will recognize them in the Fire by the marks of prostration (on their foreheads), for the Fire will eat up all the human body except the mark caused by prostration as Allah has forbidden the Fire to eat the mark of prostration. They will come out of the (Hell) Fire, completely burnt and then the water of life will be poured over them and they will grow under it as does a seed that comes in the mud of the torrent.

Then Allah will finish the judgments among the people, and there will remain one man facing the (Hell) Fire and he will be the last person among the people of Hell to enter Paradise. He will say, 'O my Lord! Please turn my face away from the fire because its air has hurt me and its severe heat has burnt me.' So he will invoke Allah in the way Allah will wish him to invoke, and then Allah will say to him, 'If I grant you that, will you then ask for anything else?' He will reply, 'No, by Your Power, (Honour) I will not ask You for anything else.' He will give his Lord whatever promises and covenants Allah will demand.

So Allah will turn his face away from Hell (Fire). When he will face Paradise and will see it, he will remain quiet for as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, then he will say, 'O my Lord! Bring me near to the gate of Paradise.' Allah will say to him, 'Didn't you give your promises and covenants that you would never ask for anything more than what you had been given? Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are!' He will say, 'O my lord,' and will keep on invoking Allah till He says to him, 'If I give what you are asking, will you then ask for anything else?' He will reply, 'No, by Your (Honour) Power, I will not ask for anything else.'

Then he will give covenants and promises to Allah and then Allah will bring him near to the gate of Paradise. When he stands at the gate of Paradise, Paradise will be opened and spread before him, and he will see its splendours and pleasures whereupon he will remain quiet as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, and then he will say, 'O my Lord! Admit me into Paradise.' Allah will say, 'Didn't you give your covenants and promises that you would not ask for anything more than what you had been given?' Allah will say, 'Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are!'

The man will say, 'O my Lord! Do not make me the most miserable of Your creation,' and he will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will laugh because of his sayings, and when Allah will laugh because of him, He will say to him, 'Enter Paradise,' and when he will enter it, Allah will say to him, 'Wish for anything.' So he will ask his Lord, and he will wish for a great number of things, for Allah Himself will remind him to wish for certain things by saying, "Wish for so-and-so.� When there is nothing more to wish for, Allah will say, “This is for you, and its equal (is for you) as well.�

That man will be the last person of the people of Paradise to enter Paradise."
(Bukhari)