Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo

Arabic Language Course

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,694 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

If you are an absolute beginner, I suggest that you start learning the Arabic alphabet first, by going here: http://www.gawaher.c...the-28-letters/

#2 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,694 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

For better viewing, double click the display to view in full-screen. You can double click anytime to go back here.

The books used in the course, "Madinah books", all 3 volumes, can be downloaded in 3 languages:
  • (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlqtoronto(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/madinaarabic.html"]Arabic books[/url]
  • (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlqtoronto(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/englishkey.html"]English books[/url]
  • (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlqtoronto(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/urdukey.html"]Urdu books[/url]
More course-related downloads can be found (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlqtoronto(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/downloads.html"]here[/url].

Those books are in PDF format, so you will need a PDF reader. Download (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfoxitsoftware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/pdf/reader/download.php"]Foxit reader[/url], its an excellent free tool.

#3 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,694 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

reserved

#4 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,694 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:23 AM

reserved

#5 Bidahdestroyer

Bidahdestroyer

::Brother :: /\/...left cos Proscribed

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

ASALAMU ALAIKUM

Bro just so u know i had posted this already on this post
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=231277&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=231277&hl=[/url]

#6 Kab

Kab

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Salaam

Jazakhallau khairan to you guys for letting me know about the website above. Subhanallah a lot of effort has gone into it and is a great way to learn arabic for those who are serious and commited.

Wassalam

#7 Kab

Kab

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Salaam

I just remembered a great website to learn arabic has loads of books available online and the link is you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/learning-arabic.html

in case link does not show it is kalamullah dot com and click on learning arabic section

I apoligise in advance if this has been mentioned before.

Wassalam

#8 Abu Zakariyah

Abu Zakariyah

Slave of Allah

• IF Guardian
  • 6,783 posts
  • Interests:dreaming of jannah...

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

:sl:
jazkallah khair for these

#9 AliceGrace

AliceGrace

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, studying (I love school, always have been a "nerd"), Always interested in new recipes or kitchen "challenges", relaxing and playing guitar occasionally, spending time with friends and family.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

Asalamu Alaikum,

These seem great, but maybe you need a pretty extensive background in Arabic already? He writes things on the board, and there is writing in the books; but no guide as to how to actually read Arabic...how do you determine how to say a word by looking at it in Arabic? I guess that's the problem I am having. It seems like you already have to know these things. He writes the word, says the meaning etc...but how can I learn to read Arabic without someone telling me how to pronounce the word and it's meaning first. Maybe these are not for people just starting?

#10 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,694 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

Wa alaikum Assalam dear Alice,

Thank you for drawing my attention to this valuable notice. You're right, absolute beginners need to learn the Arabic alpgabet before starting to take that in-depth course.

I've just added a new topic to help you, and all new beginners, to learn the Arabic alphabet in an easy way. Insha'Allah you find it helpful:
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=729695"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=729695[/url]

#11 AliceGrace

AliceGrace

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, studying (I love school, always have been a "nerd"), Always interested in new recipes or kitchen "challenges", relaxing and playing guitar occasionally, spending time with friends and family.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Aw, thank you so much for posting that Dot! Your such a great help!

#12 Orthodox

Orthodox

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:All about Salah from Sh. Utaymeen:<br />http://understand-islam.net/site/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=23&amp;Itemid=49<br /><br />Fatwas from council of senior scholars:<br />http://www.alifta.com/Default.aspx<br /><br />Fatwas and articles:<br />http://www.islam-qa.com/es <br /><br />Highly recommended for anyone seeking guidence and sound, clear belief about Islam in all matters:<br /><br />http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/index.php

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Wa Alaykum Salam

How can we learn Islamic obligatory knowledge while learning Arabic at the same time, and school ?!

A good way would be learning how to recite Qur'aan .......

JazzakAllahu Khayr anyways

#13 adam12351

adam12351

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

Al Salamu alikum
Thanks a lot for this course it's looks so nice
but actually i know Arabic,it's my mother language
and I said my maybe I can help and it can be like a class
if there are about 5 persons or it can be more and they want to learn Arabic ,we can fellow this book Al MAdina or i can recommend another for beginners and with using voice conference i think it can be much better to watch a video ,anyway it's just an offer totally for free,
and if you can teach your mother language ,even for a hour per week will be kind of you and JazakaAllah khairan, if not you still so welcome
actually it's a group call teach and learn ,
to help someone it's not required to wait sth in return that's because we are muslims Alhamdulilah
Salamu alikum

#14 adam12351

adam12351

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

And about the last question

How can we learn Islamic obligatory knowledge while learning Arabic at the same time, and school ?!

While learning Arabic which is the language of the Holy Quraan ,you also can know about what's necessary to know as a muslim ,and it's easy to ask about it ,just it can be really easy if only you really want to know ..
sorry i didn't get you at "and school"
if you mean learning Arabic in the school so i think it's easier if it's Islamic school ,sorry if i got you wrong about this point

Best regards and
Salamu alikum

#15 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

this is excellent and really helpful i just started an arabic course this week and this will surely be useful to me - how great it is to come across a course like this for free

#16 umar abdullah

umar abdullah

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:biking, hockey, studying islam and some other things that i cant seem to remember haha.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

salam.

if there are any brothers on this fourm who want to work with a partner on these books, PM me. inshAllah we can help eachother learn the arabic language.

#17 matahari17

matahari17

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi. I have always been interested in learning Arabic but never really got the chance to. In my country, there is no language centre where Arabic is being taught :( From a friend, I've learnt a bit of Egyptian arabic..I like it, I think it's really cool :-) In the future when I get to do my degree in England (Inshallah), I am planning to study Arabic (modern standard).

But university is 2 years away..would be nice to learn the language now. Do you know any good website I could learn from? Preferably where I don't have to pay..?

By the way, I am not a complete beginner, I know the Arabic characters and can pronounce them well.

Thanks in advance! :)

#18 Occam

Occam

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Religion: Believer without religion

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Sorry to ask the (probably stupid and obvious) question, but is this modern standardised Arabic or the Arabic that was used for the Qu'ran (Koran, Quraan spelling correction please ) which, I am told is a rather different kettle of fish

#19 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,694 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't know what kettle of fish is (please advise), but this course teaches modern formal Arabic. The Quran (Qu'ran) uses traditional/historical formal Arabic which includes many words no longer used in modern Arabic. Formal Arabic is now only used in written forms, like books and newspapers. People don't use it in everyday life, they use local slang Arabic, different in each Arab country, but they all are more or less variations of the original formal Arabic.