• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

There are six specific beings mentioned in Islamic sources that were created without the use of ovaries/womb? What are they?

#2 Redeem

Redeem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

:sl:

Spoiler

Those are the only ones I can think of.

#3 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

All of those are right, Redeem. There is one more being...

#4 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts
  • Interests:To Learn and Teach knowledge of the Deen of Islam. I love Children.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

Assalamu Alaikum, I could be off with this answer, but here it is.

Spoiler

Salaam.

#5 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

My answers:

Spoiler

#6 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

By the way, wouldn't the verse "And he created from every living thing a couple", means that every animal on earth had a male and female pair created without ovaries (at least the female of the pair)?

#7 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Well, UmAhmad and Sampharo, you both mention the beast that will appear before Judgement Day. I really didn't have it in mind. I guess technically it could be considered a being created without the use of ovaries because, well, what other being would give birth to it! But it wasn't the being I had in mind, but a very good call.

Sampharo, you also mention Satan, I didn't have him in mind, either, although I knew (at the time I created this quizz) that the first Jinn definately was created without the aid of ovaries since it was created from a smokeless fire like Adam(pbuh) was created from mud. Nor did I have the Angels(pbut) in mind nor did I have every animal in mind because those are general beings, not specific beings if you understand my reasoning.

The truth is that I thought of Angels and the Jinn, but I don't really count them in this (along with the Beast) because the beings I had in mind are beings that are normally created with the aid of ovaries like humans and camels while we don't know anything of the reproduction system of the Jinn or the Angels(pbut), if the latter even have one.

There is one normal being, an animal that comes from a species that are born with the aid of ovaries, that was created directly. I will give you a hint, it came before Moses(pbuh)'s time. This one should be easy for you considering that you are all Muslims and love 'Eids!

#8 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

Ahhhhhh! The lamb (ram) that replaced Ismail from being slain. :sl: NICE one. Totally missed it.

#9 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

By the way, just for the general knowledge, researched a bit and found that according to Ibn Abbas, the more agreeable opinion from the stories of Al-Athar is that Somia was the first of the Jinn (So the more acceptable story is that Satan is not the first Jinn, and was "reproduced" like the rest of the Jinn), which is more in line with the way the syntax expresses him in the Quran "Except for Iblis, he was from the Jinn...". According to the record from Ibn Abbas Somia was the father of the Jinn and was the one who asked for him and his proginy to see but be unseen, to flow through the vast lands, and for their old to be young. Anyway, they went to war with each other and corrupted the land and the law, so God sent the angels who destroyed them almost all of them, and favoured and took Satan with them, while the few remaining ones became into tribes and separated on Earth.

And God knows Best

#10 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

By the way, just for the general knowledge, researched a bit and found that according to Ibn Abbas, the more agreeable opinion from the stories of Al-Athar is that Somia was the first of the Jinn (So the more acceptable story is that Satan is not the first Jinn, and was "reproduced" like the rest of the Jinn), which is more in line with the way the syntax expresses him in the Quran "Except for Iblis, he was from the Jinn...". According to the record from Ibn Abbas Somia was the father of the Jinn and was the one who asked for him and his proginy to see but be unseen, to flow through the vast lands, and for their old to be young. Anyway, they went to war with each other and corrupted the land and the law, so God sent the angels who destroyed them almost all of them, and favoured and took Satan with them, while the few remaining ones became into tribes and separated on Earth.

And God knows Best

I always thought Iblis wasn't the first Jinn due to the Qur'anic verse in "he was from the Jinn", but I have never heard of Somia. When I first read the name, I thought Somia was a female. Somia is a female's name from where I come from. Is there any mention how long before Adam(pbuh) the first Jinn was created and what was his position between God?

#11 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

Is there any mention how long before Adam(pbuh) the first Jinn was created and what was his position between God?

Yes according to the same source, they were created 2000 years before Adam. Their war and destruction is what made the angels say as per the Quran when God told them he will create humans "Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." [2:30] Somia's position was just like Adam, the first of the Jinn and he was sent to Earth.

#12 Redeem

Redeem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

I remember reading the tafsir of Ibn Kathir a while ago and he mentioned a few sources that were of the view that Iblis was the first of the Jinn. I always took "he was from the Jinn" to mean that he was from the race of the Jinn, just as prophet Adam is from the human race, in the literal sense.

But Allah knows best and I'm sure I might be wrong.

#13 Kai Thaabit

Kai Thaabit

• PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

Salam

my answers:

Spoiler

#14 silkworm

silkworm

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

1) Hazrat Adam (Prophet Adam) Alaih-as-salaam
2) Hazrat Hawwa (Eve) Alaih-as-salam
3) The Horse (Burraq) which took Prophet Mohammad pbuh to the journey
4) The Ram which replaced Prophet Ismael
5) The Female Camel of Prophet Saleh
6) The Stock (Asa) of Prophet Moses
7) The Fish that swallowed Prophet Younus

#15 mcfly

mcfly

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

salam

Thank you for teaching me something new.

#16 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 779 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

gazkum Allah khair :sl:

#17 Cruorem_Deus

Cruorem_Deus

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Religion: Non-religion

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

Sponges.
Flavobacterium.
Cohanoflagellates.

Basically, everything that reproduced through meiosis, rather than mitois, and even then a lot of species that reprodivce through sexual reproduction reproduce without the need for ovaries. Any cell that reproduces and either doesn't need another cell's... Hang on... I can say this easier.

Any life form that branched off of the tree of life before ovaries evolved.

#18 Redeem

Redeem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

Sponges.
Flavobacterium.
Cohanoflagellates.

Basically, everything that reproduced through meiosis, rather than mitois, and even then a lot of species that reprodivce through sexual reproduction reproduce without the need for ovaries. Any cell that reproduces and either doesn't need another cell's... Hang on... I can say this easier.

Any life form that branched off of the tree of life before ovaries evolved.

The beings in discussion are those who already require the use of ovaries, but were still created without them.

Salam.

#19 RAHIMI

RAHIMI

• PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

edit..

Edited by RAHIMI, 12 August 2011 - 06:56 AM.