• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

There was a warner to his people in the past who was not a human nor was it a Jinn. Who was it?

#2 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hmmm. The "his people"is throwing me off, because if he's not human nor jinn, then that goes for his people too, they're neither human nor jinn. Otherwise I would have said Haroot or Maroot, the two angels who were in Babel, but those were warning humans and jinn who came to learn magic from them, not their people.

#3 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Oh! Wait, warning... the ant that warned its colony to get inside otherwise they will be destroyed by King Suleiman and his army?!

#4 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

:sl:

Yeah, "his people" means that they were the same species as him. Harut and Marut didn't warn their people, the Angels(pbut)

#5 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, you got it Sampharo.

#6 Redeem

Redeem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Masha'Allah, brother Sampharo, that was quick. My thoughts were directed at Angels also, though I couldn't figure out the necessity for Angels to warn one another.

A very good question, I'll remember to pass it along. :sl:

#7 umAhmad

umAhmad

Community Leader

• Support Team
  • 5,582 posts
  • Interests:To Learn and Teach knowledge of the Deen of Islam. I love Children.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

Assalamu Alaikum, SubhanAllah, yep, that was quick brother, I was still thinking birds, spiders, cattle, all the animals mentioned in the Qur'aan.

Yes what a good question, that story always brings a chuckle out of me, just imagine a tiny ant screaming and warning.

Keep it up.

Assalamu alaikum.

#8 Sampharo

Sampharo

• IF Guardian
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

Thanks guys, you are too kind. I think I got it quickly because it was only two weeks ago that I was going over some studies about the Quranic accuracy of speech in that how the ant's warning was specifically: "Enter your homes or you will be broken by Suleiman and his soldiers" and scientifically, ants body structure wouldn't be squashed or flattened, but broken due to the exoskeleton. Another marvel in the reportoire of the Quran's perfect inspiration.

:sl: Brother Younes

#9 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Well, I have another quiz here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=727554.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=727554.html&[/url]

#10 Hammer-Head

Hammer-Head

Hammer-Head!!

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

if i only registered early...i knew the answer