13 replies to this topic

#1 Snowflake122

Snowflake122

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

Assalamu alaikum ......

I am a student. One of my uncles hav advised me that there is a surah in the holy Quran.., by reading that , one can remember what he/she reads......Like if someone reads that Surah, and then reads anything, he can byheart it much faster...... He told he does'nt know the name of that Surah..He told his friend told him.

Does anyone know about this? Wat is this about? I mean which Surah might this be?

#2 yt01

yt01

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

Alaykum salam, thats the first ive heard of anything like that

#3 Kab

Kab

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

Salaam

It is also the first time I have heard of such as well. I do know if you memorise the quran you will find memorising other things, especially in arabic easier but I am unaware of a particular surah to read to do that. Maybe someone else knows but I probably would have heard of such going through my university studies if it existed.

Allah knows best.

Wassalam

#4 Bidahdestroyer

Bidahdestroyer

::Brother :: /\/...left cos Proscribed

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

asalamu alaikum

it is well know that staying away from sins and remembering Allah much, it is easy to remember , and there is no such thing,
Allah knows best

#5 Aussie

Aussie

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

The surah is Muddath-thir and then to make dua.
Im not sure if their is any truth to that but its what I have heard. Personally I don't believe it.

Edited by Aussie, 29 May 2009 - 12:05 AM.

#6 Talibah009

Talibah009

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

I know that there are Duas to read, but offhand i am unaware of a Surah.

Reading "Ya Wasi'u" Helps with memory, especially when becoming Hafiz al Qur'aan.

#7 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 16,769 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

:sl:
It is said that reciting ayatul Kursi (2:255) and the Ma’udhatayn (113, 114) can strengthen your memory.
Also try these 10 ways to boost your memory:
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetscribd(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/doc/15151459/10-Ways-to-Strengthen-Memory"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetscribd(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/doc/15151459/10-Ways...rengthen-Memory[/url]

#8 Kai Thaabit

Kai Thaabit

• PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:33 AM

salam

I think it is better to eat raisins to strengthen memory.

#9 hamza81

hamza81

• IF Guardian
  • 885 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

Assalamu alaikum ......

I am a student. One of my uncles hav advised me that there is a surah in the holy Quran.., by reading that , one can remember what he/she reads......Like if someone reads that Surah, and then reads anything, he can byheart it much faster...... He told he does'nt know the name of that Surah..He told his friend told him.

Does anyone know about this? Wat is this about? I mean which Surah might this be?

Islamic stories: Ways To Strengthen One’s Memory

It is human nature to be forgetful, as the Arab poet said:

“He is only called man (insân) because of his forgetfulness (nasiyân), and it is only called the heart (al-qalb) because it changes so rapidly (yataqallib).”

In the past they said that the first one to forget (awwal nâsin) was the first man (awwal al-nâs), meaning Adam, peace be upon him. Forgetfulness is something that varies from person to person according to each individual’s nature; some may be more forgetful than others. Some of the things that may help to combat forgetfulness are the following:

1. Keeping away from sin, because the bad effects of sin result in a bad memory and the inability to retain knowledge. The darkness of sin cannot co-exist with the light of knowledge. The following words were attributed to al-Shâfi‘î, may Allâh have mercy on him:

“I complained to [my shaykh] Wakî’ about my bad memory, and he taught me that I should keep away from sin. He said that knowledge of Allâh is light, and the light of Allâh is not given to the sinner.”

Al-Khatîb reported in al-Jâmi‘ (2/387) that Yahya ibn Yahya said:

“A man asked Mâlik ibn Anas, ‘O Abu ‘Abd-Allâh! Is there anything that will improve my memory?’ He said, ‘If anything will improve it, it is giving up sin.’”

When a person commits a sin, it overwhelms him and this leads to anxiety and sorrow which keeps him busy thinking about what he has done. This dulls his senses and distracts him from many beneficial things, including seeking knowledge.

2. Frequently remembering Allâh, may He be glorified, by reciting dhikr, tasbîh (saying‘Subhan Allâh’), tahmîd (‘Al-hamdu Lillâh’ ), tahlîl (‘Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh’) and takbîr (‘Allâhu akbar’), etc. Allâh says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…And remember your Lord when you forget…” [al-Kahf 18:24]

3. Not eating too much, because eating too much makes one sleep too much and become lazy, and it dulls the senses, besides exposing one to the risk of physical diseases. Most of the diseases which we see result from food and drink.

4. Some of the scholars have mentioned certain foods which increase the memory, such as drinking honey and eating raisins and chewing certain kinds of gum resin.

Imâm al-Zuhrî said:

“You should eat honey because it is good for the memory.”

He also said:

“Whoever wants to memorize hadîth should eat raisins.” (From al-Jâmi‘ by al-Khatîb, 2/394)

It is also said that eating nuts such as Almonds improve memory aswell.

Ibrâhîm ibn [sth. omitted] said,

“You should chew resin gum, because it is Ways To Strengthen One’s Memory

As they mentioned, too much acidic food is one of the causes of laziness and weak memory.

5. Another thing that can help the memory and reduce forgetfulness is cupping (hijâmah) of the head, as is well known from experience. (For more information see Al-Tibb al-Nabawi by Ibn al-Qayyim). And Allâh knows best.

5) Frequently remembering Allaah, may He be glorified, by reciting Dhikr, Tasbeeh (saying Subhan Allaah), Tahmeed (Al-hamdu Lillaah), Tahleel (Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah) and Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar), etc. Allaah Ta'ala says (interpretation of the meaning): "And remember your Lord when you forget" [al-Kahf 18:24] .

6) Recite: ÑÈì ÒÏäì ÚáãÇ

Transliteration: 'Rabbi Zidni Ilma'

Translation: 'O my Lord, increase my knowledge'

It may be recited as many time as possible. (Aamale Qurani)

Or recite the Du'a below, twenty times after the morning prayers. (Aamale Qurani) :

ÑÈ ÇÔÑÍ áì ÕÏÑì æ íÓÑáì ÇãÑì æÇÍáá ÚÞÏÉ ãä áÓÇäì íÝÞåæ Þæáì

Transliteration: 'Rab-bish-rahlee Sadree wa-Yassirlee Amree Wa-hlul U'qdatam Mil-lisaanee Yafqahu Qaulee'

(Musa) said: "O my Lord! Expand me my breast; Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech. So they may understand what I say" (Ta Ha, 25:28)

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

#10 Saleh007

Saleh007

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

Salam,

i do not know,but Allah knows best.

Salam

#11 Rehan Khan Ali

Rehan Khan Ali

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

Assalamualaikum
If any1 reads Quran for worldly means surely he is going wrong. So, my request is plz dont do this. Allah Subhan-wa-Taal'a told us do Dhikr & prayer. prayer brings lots of concentration & confidence.
JazakALLAH Khairan

#12 Rehan Khan Ali

Rehan Khan Ali

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:08 AM

What i prefer is Dhikr(zikr of Allah) where u should alone sit & recite any Allah Subhan-wa-taala's name closing ur eyes.

#13 Rehan Khan Ali

Rehan Khan Ali

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:08 AM

Even Prayer 5 times a day.
JazakALLAH Khairan

#14 zebanoor

zebanoor

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:well what can i say, im at university and I love reading, whether it be novels or Islamic books. The worst habit i need to give up is shopping, i just spend too much money.<br /> I hope my questions can be answered on this site and aslo i gain more knowledge of Islam

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Salaam, My mum has always told me to read this ,

[quote name='hamza81' date='May 30 2009, 10:47 AM' post='1197960']

6) Recite: ÑÈì ÒÏäì ÚáãÇ

Transliteration: 'Rabbi Zidni Ilma'

Translation: 'O my Lord, increase my knowledge'

The dua to read before studying: "Allaahumma infa'nii bimaa 'allamtanii wa'allimnii maa yanfa'uni (O, my Lord, make use for me what you hath taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me)