4 replies to this topic

#1 Kai Thaabit

Kai Thaabit

• PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:24 AM

Salam

Please participate. Even if you don't know the answer, you still can participate by saying "I don't know".

1. What is the definition of "Arkan"?
2. What is the definition of "Arkan of Salah"?
3. What happens if you miss an Arkan of Salah?
4. What is the difference between Arkan of Salah and Wajibaat of Salah?
5. How many Arkan of Salah exist according to the Hanafee School of Throught? Name all of them.
6. How many Arkan of Salah exist according to the Shafi'ee, Hanbali, and Maliki Schools of Thought? Name all of them.
7. The Arkan of Salah are taken from a hadith. What is the title of this particular hadith?

#2 Aussie

Aussie

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

Salam

Please participate. Even if you don't know the answer, you still can participate by saying "I don't know".

1. What is the definition of "Arkan"?
2. What is the definition of "Arkan of Salah"?
3. What happens if you miss an Arkan of Salah?
4. What is the difference between Arkan of Salah and Wajibaat of Salah?
5. How many Arkan of Salah exist according to the Hanafee School of Throught? Name all of them.
6. How many Arkan of Salah exist according to the Shafi'ee, Hanbali, and Maliki Schools of Thought? Name all of them.
7. The Arkan of Salah are taken from a hadith. What is the title of this particular hadith?

1.) Arkan is the plural of rukn which means to support, basis, first principle
2.) Essential element that is required to have a valid prayer
3.) Your prayer is not valid
4.) None in the Shaffi Madhab :sl:
5.) No idea
6.) Shaffi: 13 in total:
Standing, Intention, Takbir, Al-Fatiha, bowing, standing, prostrations x 2, sitting in between them, the final sitting, tahiyyat, prayer for the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم), final salam, order.
7.) No idea

Edited by Aussie, 25 June 2009 - 06:10 AM.

#3 Rehan Khan Ali

Rehan Khan Ali

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

Don't know

#4 mouwahid

mouwahid

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

[size=4]alaykoum assallam[using large font size is not allowed]

4-[size=4]According to some scholars if you don't do wajib your prayer is valid but you have to do soujoud (prostration) of sahw (forgotten) [using large font size is not allowed]

7-[size=4]The hadeeth was narrated by al-Bukhaari (757) and Muslim (397) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the Masjid and a man came in and prayed, then he came and greeted the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) returned the greeting and said: “Go back and pray, for you have not prayed.” The man went back and prayed as he had prayed before, then he came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and greeted him, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Wa ‘alayk al-salaam.” Then he said: “Go back and pray, for you have not prayed.” When he had done that three times, the man said: By the One Who sent you with the truth, I cannot do more than that. Teach me. He said: “When you go to pray, say takbeer, then recite whatever you can of the Qur’aan. Then bow until you are at ease in bowing, then rise until you are standing up straight. Then prostrate until you are at ease in prostration, then sit up until you are at ease in sitting. Then do that throughout the entire prayer.” [using large font size is not allowed]

Allah knows best

Edited by mouwahid, 03 January 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#5 Aussie

Aussie

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

Actually I have to revise my answer now I know a little more:

6.) Some of the Shaffi texts quote up to 18 arkan. Such as: Ghayat alTaqrib and Muktasar AlLatif