Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo

Muhammad Sas And Aisha

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IbnHayriie

IbnHayriie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

[size=4][using large font size is not allowed]Selam Aleykum,

First of all, Im a Muslim, and I love the Prophet sas. , but the Non belivers always argue like:

Your Prophet was married to a 6 year girl and when she was 9 they fulfilled the marriage.

Aisha loved the Prophet, thats a very good argument for example and she wasnt "confused" in a way like raped people and so on...

But if I imagine that a 53 year old man today marries a 6 year old girl , o my god, subhanallah, I think you know what I mean.

My Question is, Are there more Marriages like that konwn in that time, because when it wasnt a excepition, then it is ok. Then for sure it was normal for that time.

I hope for khair, wassalam[using large font size is not allowed][using large font size is not allowed]

#2 the sad clown

the sad clown

Here for your entertainment

• IF Guardian
  • 3,554 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, linguistics, writing (prose and poetry), reading, various other intellectual flotsam.
  • Religion: Non-religion

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

I recall there being a recent discussion on this very issue. You can read it here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=732789"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=732789[/url]