Photo
- - - - -

Srebrenica - A Cry From The Grave

Srebrenica Bosnia Killings Massacre Civil War Bosniak Bosnian Serb Genocide Scorpions

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 silkworm

silkworm

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Sorry dogbite, USA came to Bosnia for a catch and when the Bosnians were thrashed good....The reason was that it was going to over-blow as Christians from Germany were helping with "men" and "material", so USA HAD to control this war...this was the reason, it was nothing of "humanitarian" kind...

#22 dogbite

dogbite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Religion: Non-religion

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

More revisionist history. The Bosnian muslims were getting their butts handed to them. If it weren't for U.S. air power, Sarajevo would have been starved out and the muslims would have been routed worse than they already were. I don't remember, did iran send an army to save their muslim brothers ? Was the syrian army on the front lines ? I don't remember hearing about egypt or saudi arabia sending fighter jets. Did they ?

#23 silkworm

silkworm

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Dogbite, Please revisit my above post and stop parroting the CNN version of the news you heard...The Bosnians came out on the street carrying the Flags of Saudi Arabia & Turkey not only to show their solidarity with these countries but also a message for them to be saved...

BTW people as far as Afghanistan went to fight over there buddy....

Edited by silkworm, 03 June 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#24 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

Go to the 50:50 mark of you 'film'. Listen to what your guy says. :sl:

The arms embargo was on the Serbs, too, genius.

dog,
Go to the 12:00 mark of the documentary. Listen to what the guy says.

#25 dogbite

dogbite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

Dogbite, Please revisit my above post and stop parroting the CNN version of the news you heard...The Bosnians came out on the street carrying the Flags of Saudi Arabia & Turkey not only to show their solidarity with these countries but also a message for them to be saved...

BTW people as far as Afghanistan went to fight over there buddy....

Oh, so they were Saudi, Turk and Afghan jets I saw flying C.A.P. and breaking the siege of Sarajevo ? :sl:

#26 dogbite

dogbite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:47 AM

dog bite is two words and so is
ARMS EMBARGO
so please go and get an education 'dogbite'

Bosnian War
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

Arms embargo

On September 25, 1991 the United Nations Security Council passed Resolution 713 imposing an arms embargo on all of former Yugoslavia. The embargo hurt the Army of Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina the most because Serbia inherited the lion's share of the former JNA arsenal and the Croatian army could smuggle weapons through its coast. Over 55 per cent of the armories and barracks of the former Yugoslavia were located in Bosnia owing to its mountainous terrain, in anticipation of a guerrilla war, but many of those factories were under Serbian control (such as the UNIS PRETIS factory in Vogošća), and others were inoperable due to a lack of electricity and raw materials. The Bosnian government lobbied to have the embargo lifted but that was opposed by the United Kingdom, France and Russia. US proposals to pursue this policy were known as lift and strike. The US congress passed two resolutions calling for the embargo to be lifted but both were vetoed by President Bill Clinton for fear of creating a rift between the US and the aforementioned countries. Nonetheless, the United States used both "black" C-130 transports and back channels including Islamist groups to smuggle weapons to the Bosnian government forces via Croatia.

'muslin1', consider yourself 'schooled'. But then again, some people will ALWAYS be ingrates, no matter what you do for them. Even if you don't HAVE to do anything.

#27 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

On September 25, 1991 the United Nations Security Council passed Resolution 713 imposing an arms embargo on all of former Yugoslavia. The embargo hurt the Army of Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina the most because Serbia inherited the lion's share of the former JNA arsenal and the Croatian army could smuggle weapons through its coast. Over 55 per cent of the armories and barracks of the former Yugoslavia were located in Bosnia owing to its mountainous terrain, in anticipation of a guerrilla war, but many of those factories were under Serbian control (such as the UNIS PRETIS factory in Vogošća), and others were inoperable due to a lack of electricity and raw materials. The Bosnian government lobbied to have the embargo lifted but that was opposed by the United Kingdom, France and Russia. US proposals to pursue this policy were known as lift and strike. The US congress passed two resolutions calling for the embargo to be lifted but both were vetoed by President Bill Clinton for fear of creating a rift between the US and the aforementioned countries. Nonetheless, the United States used both "black" C-130 transports and back channels including Islamist groups to smuggle weapons to the Bosnian government forces via Croatia.

bittenbyadogonhisbackchannel

Please look up some words in your fathers dictionary

1- Irony - Since its ironic everything that you wrote in red above proves you wrong and proves me right on the effect of the Arms Embargo

2 - Back channel - Since that is in blue and back channels don't mean an embargo is lifted or anywhere close, and I'm sure that your back channel will heal in time

muslin1', consider yourself 'schooled'. But then again, some people will ALWAYS be ingrates, no matter what you do for them. Even if you don't HAVE to do anything.[/color]

I mean look how much the USA spent in blood and treasure to save the Vietnamese from Communism and how ungrateful the Vietnamese were, I mean they even kicked America out of Saigon! Damn ingrates!

#28 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Religion: Believer without religion

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Christian countries came to the aid of ethnic Muslims. Never ever seen Muslims come to the aid of anyone.

#29 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Christian countries came to the aid of ethnic Muslims. Never ever seen Muslims come to the aid of anyone.

So what exactly is a Christian Country then. :sl:

#30 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

So what exactly is a Christian Country then. :sl:

Europe, North America and South America and half of Africa are Christian countries. Christianity is the dominant religion and the religion that influenced the societies we have built, that so many, including millions of Muslims want to emmigrate to. We are far fromt perfect, and there are some dictatorships in South America, but still a lot better than any other alternative. We allow freedom of religion, as long as it doesn't conflict with our values: democracy, equal rights for women,homosexuals, and others.

#31 saifulhaq

saifulhaq

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

No your wrong, non Muslim. Christian countries did not came to the aid of ethnic Muslims in Bosina. Rich countries with armies and air forces stood around for years and finally shoiw the world in a few days of bombing that they could have stopped the war years (and thousands of lives) ago.
The other countries (south America, "half'' of Africa) did not, nor have they ever come to any ones aid.The Muslim countries would have loved to have helped but the Christian run U.N stopped them.

#32 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

No your wrong, non Muslim. Christian countries did not came to the aid of ethnic Muslims in Bosina. Rich countries with armies and air forces stood around for years and finally shoiw the world in a few days of bombing that they could have stopped the war years (and thousands of lives) ago.
The other countries (south America, "half'' of Africa) did not, nor have they ever come to any ones aid.The Muslim countries would have loved to have helped but the Christian run U.N stopped them.

I answered your question about what a Christian country is. I've never seen a Muslim country help anyone. Please give me a list. I hope there are some non muslims on that list. Nato, including Canada bombed the Christian Serbs. The Bosnian Muslims weren't so innocent either.

#33 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Europe, North America and South America and half of Africa are Christian countries.

Really, news to me, perhaps you should take a course in democracy..... and geography as well.... continents are not countries..... :sl:

We allow......

Oh... so you speak on behalf of all these Christian continents, so let me guess you must be The Pope then. :sl:

#34 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

Really, news to me, perhaps you should take a course in democracy..... and geography as well.... continents are not countries..... :sl:
Oh... so you speak on behalf of all these Christian continents, so let me guess you must be The Pope then. :sl:

I guess you couldn't come up with the names of Muslim countries that lift a finger to help anyone, so you had to knitpick about me stating continents when referring to countries. I just didn't want to name all the countries, so I named the continents. We, means people of the Christian religion-as opposed to other religions, whether we practice it or not. Many of us in Christian countries don't believe in religion. I've met quite a few Muslims who aren't too impressed with todays' Islam, either. They don't like religion. We have evolved beyond that. Religion is ok for those that want someone else to tell them what they should believe.

#35 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

I no longer think you're a troll like that Caped Crusader aka dogbite character(s), but do I think you're getting a bit confused.

I guess you couldn't come up with the names of Muslim countries that lift a finger to help anyone

Firstly someone else called saifulhaq has posted on this thread, and you addressed this specific 'challenge' to saifulhaq. So please distinguish between me --->muslim1 and saifulhaq <--- not me when you are reading and replying thanks.

We, means people of the Christian religion-as opposed to other religions, whether we practice it or not. Many of us in Christian countries don't believe in religion......Religion is ok for those that want someone else to tell them what they should believe.

Secondly I can't make sense of any of this :sl:
I mean you describe yourself as 'Believer without religion', and you're going on about Christian countries and people of the Christian religion of which it appears you are saying you are one etc, a bit difficult to follow what exactly you're saying. I mean its as if you are denigrating Christianity to an ethnicity or culture or something rather then a personal belief structure based on revelation.

And in regard to your first baseless (or at best misguided) claim on this thread

Never ever seen Muslims come to the aid of anyone.

Never ever, is a bit strong don't you think, I mean you don't want people to think you're a narrow minded bigot like Caped Crusader aka dogbite.
Well anyway perhaps you should listen to those audios posted above by SaracenSoldier above to hear first hand accounts of muslims giving up their wealth and lives to come to the aid of others.

#36 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

[quote name='muslim1' date='Jun 16 2011, 07:29 PM' post='1239846']
I mean you describe yourself as 'Believer without religion', and you're going on about Christian countries and people of the Christian religion of which it appears you are saying you are one etc, a bit difficult to follow what exactly you're saying. I mean its as if you are denigrating Christianity to an ethnicity or culture or something rather then a personal belief structure based on revelation.

What I mean by Christian countries is : Countries where the dominant or founding religion(native people in the Americas excepted) is Christianity. Judeo/Christian values are the principles that have guided our systems of government and societies. It is always a struggle just to keep the hard won freedoms we enjoy. Nothing is perfect, but we continually try to improve. I, like many people in the west was born into the Christian faith. I, like many others reject religion. I don't call myself Christian,but it is the faith that I am most comfortable with, and if I would have to choose one, which I don't, Christianity would be it, or maybe Budhism. I understand Christianity and admire some of it. I even admire Muslims for their strong faith, but don't like the radical side of it.

#37 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

I no longer think you're a troll like that Caped Crusader aka dogbite character(s), but do I think you're getting a bit confused.
Firstly someone else called saifulhaq has posted on this thread, and you addressed this specific 'challenge' to saifulhaq. So please distinguish between me --->muslim1 and saifulhaq <--- not me when

I aplogize for getting you mixed up.

#38 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

ok non muslim, I would like to think that we have come to some sort of an understanding.

I would advise you to watch (if you haven't already) the documentary that this thread is about
Srebrenica - A Cry From the Grave
Link posted by fajr_tear in the second post on this thread.

Irrespective of the religion of the victims and of the perpetrators, the events of Srebrenica were a tragedy.

#39 muslim1

muslim1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Also non muslim, please check out my other thread where I have linked to a documentary I posted on YouTube about Isaac Newton and his belief in one God. Thanks

#40 non muslim

non muslim

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Also non muslim, please check out my other thread where I have linked to a documentary I posted on YouTube about Isaac Newton and his belief in one God. Thanks

I will check out both. It is important to hear multiple views on any subject. I'll give you my opinon afterwards. Peace.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Srebrenica, Bosnia, Killings, Massacre, Civil War, Bosniak, Bosnian, Serb, Genocide, Scorpions