4 replies to this topic

#1 male

male

Male

• Counceling room only
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:00 AM

Salam Waleikum and Ramadan Mubarak, Eid is around the corner inshallah and Hamdullilah for everything Allah has praised us with.

I recently had a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, fight with my flatmate/homestay/room mate, whatever you wanna call it. Anyways, hes from Saudi Arabia, hes what you call a Bedouin... Very patriotic and arrogant those guys are! Which is a good thing to an extent.... Anyways, we had a slight argument, no biggie, over a topic relating his country etc. Me, knowing I was right, showed him some facts in regards to my side of the argument. With proof and references from various articles ofcourse. He however, did not take those facts in nicely, he started calling me ignorant, uneducated, no common sense, etc... I was like huh? I just showed you references (legitimate references) of my argument. How can you call me uneducated, I know 4 languages fluently and have 2 degrees and a Masters, so I really took it personal when he said that. Well anyway, this started escalating and some rude words were exchanged. Me being furious, I started calling him uneducated and brainwashed blah blah blah.... I told him to get out of my house, how can you treat your homestay in such a manner, pack your bags and go. He also had to finish off by saying "you Syrians just sell prostitutes", (me being Syrian ofcourse). Anyways we stopped talking, and I left, and when I came back he was gone.

Now I dont really want to associate with him at all, (I was previously warned about his behaviour being out of the ordinary.. by other fellow Saudi students I know who also have had afew goes with him) BUT knowing its Ramadan and hes still a Muslim brother, I dont want to end in negativety.. (although I saw one Saudi guy today and he told me he saw him earlier on and he couldnt stop talking rubbish about me and swearing at all Syrians).
I just want to know what should I do? Should I message him and say look its ramadan, sorry for what I have done, inshallah we can be peaceful, but I dont want to associate with you again, you go your way, I go my way..Inshallah ramadan treats you well, and Allah m3ak habibi.

Anyways please if someone can help me out as of what to do.

Jazakallah Khair,

(the thought of this argument has just made me really mad again by the way).

#2 Yasnov

Yasnov

<----- eye to eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,405 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Salam ...

Well, I know your situation, but I don't know what advice to offer right now. Anyway, what was it exactly that you criticized about his country?
Maybe the argument was not necessary in the first place (as he is, as you described, is the the Bedouin type), or maybe the approach to the issue was wrong. No offense, but adults should not fight over issues like this. We already have many other important issues to deal with in our life. You should not get so easily offended with him calling you uneducated, either. As you are the bigger man here (I don't know what the term, upper hand?), one can just expect that you should know many other ways to end the argument more elegantly before it went ugly?

But your soluion is good too, I think.

Should I message him and say look its ramadan, sorry for what I have done, inshallah we can be peaceful, but I dont want to associate with you again, you go your way, I go my way..Inshallah ramadan treats you well, and Allah m3ak habibi.

Yasnov

#3 writewhite

writewhite

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Allah's merc

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

salaam
brother i am in mecca
and i have/had a lot against saudis too
however
now
seeing this jampacked ramadan being managed
by the saudis
so well
i have realized certain new facts about them
they can not/could not have been normal mundane kind of
people
i speak of/for the pure saudi blood
not the immigrants who may have saudi passports
saudis are different people
managing these twin cities
mecca and medina
probably needed the kind of
idiosyncracies that you complain of
i suggest you go ahead with sending
him a message
and invite him over for eid
it was wrong to have kicked him out in ramadan
salaam
and eid mubrik
both of you
salaam

#4 al faqeer

al faqeer

Community Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,385 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

:sl:

I think you should reconcile with him as your Islamic brother, yet keep a distance since i know this mentality you have spoken about simply bad news.

Take hint to the other Saudis who have warned you of his behavior previously.

As for the brother In Makkah , about Saudi Blood, Saudis are Mostly Tribes of the Arab peninsula in general and City goers like the people of Makkah and Madeenah who are mostly not of tribes.

Immigrants with Saudi passports there are hardly any , and if they are , they are at least 4th generation making them Pure Saudis as well.

#5 al faqeer

al faqeer

Community Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,385 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

:sl:

I think you should reconcile with him as your Islamic brother, yet keep a distance since i know this mentality you have spoken about simply bad news.

Take hint to the other Saudis who have warned you of his behavior previously.

As for the brother In Makkah , about Saudi Blood, Saudis are Mostly Tribes of the Arab peninsula in general and City goers like the people of Makkah and Madeenah who are mostly not of tribes.

Immigrants with Saudi passports there are hardly any , and if there are , they are at least 4th generation making them very much Saudis as well.