#21 BurningLight

BurningLight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

Mabrook :sl:
I'm so happy for you! I'm a revert as well. If you need anything, please ask!

Hi Sister,
How long have you been a revert and what was your background before if you don't mind?

#22 Amna4

Amna4

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hi Sister,
How long have you been a revert and what was your background before if you don't mind?

I reverted June 26th of 2011, so this not very long! I was raised as a Roman Catholic, but decided quite awhile ago that it was not the truth. I'm quite young still, only 19. I definitely don't mind questions, so feel free to throw them at me :sl:

#23 BurningLight

BurningLight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

I reverted June 26th of 2011, so this not very long! I was raised as a Roman Catholic, but decided quite awhile ago that it was not the truth. I'm quite young still, only 19. I definitely don't mind questions, so feel free to throw them at me :sl:

I was born and rasied Catholic too. I believe they weren't following Biblical Christianity so I left the church breaking my family's heart. So what exactly led you in the path besides Allah? I mean what was your experience like; for instance was it a dream, did you logically think it was right, did you resarch and find it to be true, was it friends that influence you etc etc.
Peace to you in your new found religion as you learn more truth

#24 Amna4

Amna4

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:07 AM

I was born and rasied Catholic too. I believe they weren't following Biblical Christianity so I left the church breaking my family's heart. So what exactly led you in the path besides Allah? I mean what was your experience like; for instance was it a dream, did you logically think it was right, did you resarch and find it to be true, was it friends that influence you etc etc.
Peace to you in your new found religion as you learn more truth

It was mostly logical reasoning through research, and it just "felt" right. As I started researching and reading more, things started falling into place for me. I had always known Muslims, but never held them as close friends. Once I started associating with more, spending more time at the Masjid, in prayer, and learning, I became a happier person (I have struggled with depression my entire life). I can't even describe all the small things, I'm terrible with words to be honest. I researched Islam extensively for about two years before I decided to take the leap and revert.

#25 BurningLight

BurningLight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

It was mostly logical reasoning through research, and it just "felt" right. As I started researching and reading more, things started falling into place for me. I had always known Muslims, but never held them as close friends. Once I started associating with more, spending more time at the Masjid, in prayer, and learning, I became a happier person (I have struggled with depression my entire life). I can't even describe all the small things, I'm terrible with words to be honest. I researched Islam extensively for about two years before I decided to take the leap and revert.

That is an interesting testimony of yours. I am glad you're not depressed anymore. When I made the choice to leave the Catholic Church, I didn't do it right away, I did like you except I never trusted my feelings. My feelings made a nice servant for me but a very poor leader. I didn't want to follow the crowd either because I knew that could be a strong influence on me in a positive or neagtive way; so, I prayed and asked God to direct me, but I ending up in a Christian cult following a false prophet sought of like Joseph Smith in Mormonism but a different one.

I got out of that by the grace of God and learned that when we purpose in our heart to follow God with all our heart, the devil singles us out to deceive and that is what happened to me. I learned to take seriously what Jesus said in Mat 7 :13 "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.

You see from that is how I learned and experienced if we enter the straight gate that is narrow than soon after as Jesus gives the warning will come the evil one; well I missed that part and got sucked in, but I am a lot wiser for it today and thank God for all the blessing in my life. Let go night night it is late here and I am tired. Btw, Where are you from?

I wish you God richest blessings.

Edited by BurningLight, 14 December 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#26 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

I researched Islam extensively for about two years before I decided to take the leap and revert.

MashAllah :sl:

#27 Noora.

Noora.

City lights ^_^

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

Is ablutions required before Dua?

As salaamu 'alaikum,

You can make du'a (supplicate to Allah) without wudu as well.

Welcome to all new reverts to Islam, Masha Allah!

=D

#28 Amna4

Amna4

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

That is an interesting testimony of yours. I am glad you're not depressed anymore. When I made the choice to leave the Catholic Church, I didn't do it right away, I did like you except I never trusted my feelings. My feelings made a nice servant for me but a very poor leader. I didn't want to follow the crowd either because I knew that could be a strong influence on me in a positive or neagtive way; so, I prayed and asked God to direct me, but I ending up in a Christian cult following a false prophet sought of like Joseph Smith in Mormonism but a different one.

I got out of that by the grace of God and learned that when we purpose in our heart to follow God with all our heart, the devil singles us out to deceive and that is what happened to me. I learned to take seriously what Jesus said in Mat 7 :13 "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.

You see from that is how I learned and experienced if we enter the straight gate that is narrow than soon after as Jesus gives the warning will come the evil one; well I missed that part and got sucked in, but I am a lot wiser for it today and thank God for all the blessing in my life. Let go night night it is late here and I am tired. Btw, Where are you from?

I wish you God richest blessings.

I fully encourage taking steps in religion slowly. But, in saying that, I invite you to continue your research in Islam. Continue to pray to the One God, as He is most merciful and will guide you on your journey. I will talk to you as much as you wish, and insha'Allah (God-willing) will be able to help you. Remember, Islam compliments and fulfills Christianity. The words that you quoted from the Gospel are to be believed by Muslims as well, and those are very wise words to remember.
I'm from the United States, where are you from?

#29 alis

alis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

Welcome to Islam

#30 alis

alis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

I am from Saudi Arabia.i speak Arabic .if you need any help just send me a SMS or email.

#31 chelsea89

chelsea89

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

I am from Saudi Arabia.i speak Arabic .if you need any help just send me a SMS or email.

I would love to learn arabic. Your sms doesn't work...