• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 female

female

• Counceling room only
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

I've been searching for God for a long time now and each religion seems reliable until you get to a certain point and God just isn't responding to you and what you're trying to do for Him. I want to know God my heart is pure and I can't seem to find who He is! I've heard all of the arguments within each religion adn I just want God to answer me! Does the Quran offer any guidance as to how to get God to answer your desperate prayer to know Him, and serve Him, and love Him? I just want something to "fit" like a coconut hitting me on the head... ah-duh type of moment. BUt, alas nothing has come. I want it just to hit me one day God to just call my name and tell me His. is it really too much for a finite imperfect being to ask of their Creator amongst all the confussion in the world and with the manmade religions vs the real one? I can't tell the difference, I'm not that intelligent apparently.

#2 Abu Firdaws

Abu Firdaws

• IF Guardian
  • 655 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

My advice to you would be to continue sincerely asking God to guide you, and at the same time read the Qur'an and ponder on its teachings. It seems to be that you already believe in the existence of a God, so just submit yourself to seeking the truth and be sincere about it. I found the answers to the questions I had, and I hope you will too. May God guide you to His straight path.

#3 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I am sure God recognises that you want to know Him, but we don't just get to know God in a few days or a few months even. Understanding God doesn't come easy so we have to be patient as we learn more about Him. Have you read the quran instead of reading the arguments within the Islamic religion? There are many verses which could help you I am not sure which is the best for you because the quran affects people in different ways but I will show you some verses which I feel could comfort you in this situation;

Thy Guardian-Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor is He displeased. And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present. [Surah 93: 3-4]

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested. (Surah 29.2)

Also I may be wrong but I get the impression that you are quite impatient with this situation, Islam requires a lot of patience. Keep in mind that God may be testing you.

Do you think that you will enter Paradise before Allah tests those of you who fought (in His Cause) and (also) tests those who are As-Sabirun (the patient)? (Surah 3:142)

In any case if you want to know who is God from the Islamic perspective, start to read the quran first rather than reading about people talking about the quran. Good luck.

#4 the sad clown

the sad clown

Here for your entertainment

• IF Guardian
  • 3,554 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, linguistics, writing (prose and poetry), reading, various other intellectual flotsam.
  • Religion: Non-religion

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

I think you should be prepared to not receive such an "aha" kind of experience. Many people do experience them, but many others do not. And yet you will still have to make a decision about these matters, even if the decision is to suspend belief until you do have such an experience. I would suggest starting with what you do believe and then strive to understand the belief systems that fit within those parameters. If, after familiarizing yourself with these religions, you find yourself still unable to decide, then you can either choose to suspend belief until new information comes to you, or else you can select on on other grounds (cultural and/or familial ties being a common one), and practice this religion with the understanding that you may change at a later date if new information clarifies the choice for you.

#5 Mercyonmankind

Mercyonmankind

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Its like you are asking a King to let you enter His castle while you in state of impurity and imperfection... Why don't you just stay at the gate of the castle and purify yourself until the King Himself open the door for you and ask you to Enter with the following saying :

12.54 .... 'Today, you are firmly established in both our favor and trust. '

Nothing will come to you unless you are worthy of it... or unless you are chosen.. so just be patient and observe the laws and commandments that leads you to the acceptance of the King..

You are not alone in this pursuit..

Edited by Mercyonmankind, 10 January 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#6 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

may Allah show you the right path,
if you can't contact him, be sure he is just monitoring you and won't let you down,
i'm afraid, if the cod contacts some body by a way or another, that will open the door for many to decieve the others in mname of god. i believe history is filled with such stories.

if i'm allowed to say, all of the humanity is just equal in such point, we have the messages of god to specific chosen people (the prophets), you have your mind and your spirit, see, ask, compare proofs, effect on people, what seems coherent with your nature, compromize, and judge (but take care of media effet, it's bias, if you wona ask something we are here for you).

i think this video relates to your case,
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=j9yaxDn1_MQ&feature=player_embedded#"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=j9yaxDn1_MQ...layer_embedded#[/url]!