#1 EasternQibla

EasternQibla

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Volume 4
54:537

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."

Well it gives a new meaning to the old "Waiter, there's a fly in my soup" joke …

Richard

#2 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 734 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2918"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2918[/url]

#3 Wesley

Wesley

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Religion: Other religion

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2918"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=2918[/url]

Abu Huraira narrated many things. The post linked to provides a very very large explanation to justify the narration. Yet, even the justification excludes one point of the Hadith. How does this explain the Qur'an? Science has also proven that there is no antidote on the fly's wings. But, I guess since Abu Huraira is free from error, this should form a practice binding to every Muslim who wants to live perfectly by the observations of Abu Huraira.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 57:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The people used to say, "Abu Huraira narrates too many narrations." In fact I used to keep close to Allah's Apostle and was satisfied with what filled my stomach. I ate no leavened bread and dressed no decorated striped clothes, and never did a man or a woman serve me, and I often used to press my belly against gravel because of hunger, and I used to ask a man to recite a Quranic Verse to me although I knew it, so that he would take me to his home and feed me. And the most generous of all the people to the poor was Ja'far bin Abi Talib. He used to take us to his home and offer us what was available therein.
He would even offer us an empty folded leather container (of butter) which we would split and lick whatever was in it.

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 5)

This narration shows that 1) Ja'far bin Abi Talib, part of the family of the Prophet, was very generous. Ja'far here is a great example to live by. 2) Abu Huraira would purposefully use the Qur'an as a tool to get others to give Abu Huraira food. Was this begging? I believe so. Here is a verse from the Qur'an.

273. (Charity is) for those in need, who, in Allah's cause, are restricted (from travel), and cannot move about in the land, seeking (for trade or work). The ignorant man thinks, because of their modesty, that they are free from want. Thou shalt know them by their (unfailing) mark: they beg not importunately from all and sundry. And whatever of good ye give, be assured Allah knoweth it well.

(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 2)

Begging is not good although charity definitely is. The way of Jafar in the above Hadith is to be followed, definitely not that of Abu Huraira.
Next we have a Hadith from Sahih Muslim:

Book 5, Number 2265:

Hamza b. 'Abdullah b. Umar heard his father cay that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said: The person would continue begging from people till he would come on the Day of Resurrection and there would be no flesh on his face.

Here we see that begging would cause a terrible punishment on the Day of Resurrection. But what does Abu Huraira say? Here is the Hadith immediately following...

Book 5, Number 2266:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who begs the riches of others to increase his own is asking only for live coals, so let him ask a little or much.

Abu Huraira says it is ok to "ask" if it is just a little. Is trying to get others to recite the Qur'an with the goal of receiving charity a good thing or a bad thing? Seems like begging.

Back to Ja'far. He was martyred in the Battle of Mu'tah. Here is a Hadith narrated by Aisha...

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 392:

Narrated Aisha:

When the news of the martyrdom of Zaid bin Haritha, Ja'far and 'Abdullah bin Rawaha came, the Prophet sat down looking sad, and I was looking through the chink of the door. A man came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The women of Ja'far," and then he mentioned their crying . The Prophet (p.b.u.h) ordered h im to stop them from crying. The man went and came back and said, "I tried to stop them but they disobeyed." The Prophet (p.b.u.h) ordered him for the
second time to forbid them. He went again and came back and said, "They did not listen to me, (or "us": the sub-narrator Muhammad bin Haushab is in doubt as to which is right). "('Aisha added: The Prophet said, "Put dust in their mouths." I said (to that man), "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. humiliate you)."
By Allah, you could not (stop the women from crying) to fulfill the order, besides you did not relieve Allah's Apostle from fatigue."

According to Aisha, it is okay to throw dust in the mouths of the family of the Prophet while they are in mourning. Come to think of it, is there any history which shows Aisha being kind, or having a kind memory, of any relative of Khadija, to include her descendants?

This is the example in the Hadith. Abu Huraira and Aisha, the 2 most prolific accepted narrators, begging from the family of the Prophet and throwing dust in their mouths.

#4 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Abu Huraira (ra) didn't beg. Beggining is to say, "Give me money or food". Thank you for quoting that Hadith and the verse from the Qur'an. The verse in the Qur'an is actually speaking of people like Abu Huraira (ra).

As for Aishah (ra), she isn't the one who said "put dust in their mouths". It was the Prophet (pbuh). As for her being kind or showing a kind memory to the descendants of Khadijah (ra). She is the one who narrated that the Messenger of God (pbuh) loved Khadijah (ra) the most and she narrated that nobody resembled the Prophet (pbuh) more in character than Fatimah (ra), Khadijah's (ra) daughter.

#5 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

What happened when the Prophet (pbuh) received revelation during the first time? He went to Khadijah (ra) who spoke words which have made her admired among Muslims and she consoled her husband, right? Who narrated that? I am sorry to ruin the party, but it is Aisha (ra).

#6 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Sayyida Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reports: I have never encountered anyone that resembled the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) more than Fatima (Allah be pleased with her) in manner, likeness and speech. When she (Fatima) came to visit him (the Messenger of Allah) he stood up (to welcome her), took her by the hand, kissed her and made her sit in his place. And when he (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to visit her, she would stand up, take him by the hand, kiss him, and make him sit where she was sitting.
(Sunan Abu Dawud, No. 5175 & al-Bukhari, Adab al-Mufrad)

Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read. The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones." Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran): 'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."

Sahih al-Bukhari hadith number 3 from the first book

I am sorry if the above doesn't fall inline with your prejudiced hatred towards Aisha (ra).

#7 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Next we have a Hadith from Sahih Muslim:

Book 5, Number 2265:

Hamza b. 'Abdullah b. Umar heard his father cay that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said: The person would continue begging from people till he would come on the Day of Resurrection and there would be no flesh on his face.

Here we see that begging would cause a terrible punishment on the Day of Resurrection. But what does Abu Huraira say? Here is the Hadith immediately following...

Book 5, Number 2266:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who begs the riches of others to increase his own is asking only for live coals, so let him ask a little or much.

Abu Huraira says it is ok to "ask" if it is just a little. Is trying to get others to recite the Qur'an with the goal of receiving charity a good thing or a bad thing? Seems like begging.

Actually if you knew rhetoric, you would realise that Abu Hurairah (ra), or rather the Prophet (pbuh), is using irony in the second hadith. The Prophet (pbuh) said that whoever begs the riches of others to increase his own is asking only for live coals, so let him ask a little or much in reference to the live coals. Who is going to ask for little or much coals? Nobody. It is called irony.

Besides, begging is asking when you have something. This is how the Prophet (pbuh) explained the difference between begging and asking:

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id said, "My mother sent me to the Messenger of Allah to ask him for help, but when I came by him I sat down. The Prophet faced me and said to me,

«مَنِ اسْتَغْنَى أَغْنَاهُ اللهُ، وَمَنِ اسْتَعَفَّ أَعَفَّهُ اللهُ، وَمَنِ اسْتَكَفَّ كَفَاهُ اللهُ، وَمَنْ سَأَلَ وَلَهُ قِيمَةُ أُوقِيَّةٍ فَقَدْ أَلْحَف»
(Whoever felt satisfied, then Allah will enrich him. Whoever is modest, Allah will make him decent. Whoever is content, then Allah will suffice for him. Whoever asks people, while having a small amout, he will have begged the people.)

Abu Sa`id said, "I said to myself, `I have a camel, Al-Yaqutah, and indeed, it is worth more than a small amount.' And I went back without asking the Prophet for anything.'' This is the same wording for this Hadith collected by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i.

Thus there is nothing wrong with asking, nor is asking considered begging, from an Islamic perspective. Begging is when you have something, even if little, and you still ask. Had actually Abu Hurairah (ra) asked for food, it wouldn't have been called begging. He was eligible to ask because he had nothing in Madinah during a certain period.

#8 Wesley

Wesley

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 156:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I never felt so jealous of any wife of Allah's Apostle as I did of Khadija because Allah's Apostle used to remember and praise her too often and because it was revealed to Allah's Apostle that he should give her (Khadija) the glad tidings of her having a palace of Qasab in Paradise.

Volume 8, Book 80, Number 718:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Fatima and Al 'Abbas came to Abu Bakr, seeking their share from the property of Allah's Apostle and at that time, they were asking for their land at Fadak and their share from Khaibar. Abu Bakr said to them, " I have heard from Allah's Apostle saying, 'Our property cannot be inherited, and whatever we leave is to be spent in charity, but the family of Muhammad may take their provisions from this property." Abu Bakr added, "By Allah, I will not leave the procedure I saw Allah's Apostle following during his lifetime concerning this property." Therefore Fatima left Abu Bakr and did not speak to him till she died.

Jealous? Isn't jealousy forbidden in the Qur'an? Is this an example to live by?

The daughter of the Prophet could not have an inheritance? Where is this in the Qur'an?

11. Allah (thus) directs you as regards your children's (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased left brothers (or sisters), the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases is) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah and Allah is All-Knowing, All-

(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 4)

I never said I hate Aisha. But with the Hadith you cited, it describes Aisha's observation of Fatima. In the other, it relates another story about Khadija. None show Aisha's actions towards the family.

What about throwing dust in the mouths of those related to the Prophet? What about denying Fatima any inheritance from that which was her father's? What about expressing jealousy about Khadija, the only wife from which the descendants of the Prophet come from? I don't hate Aisha, but her actions toward the family of the Prophet are not exactly ways you want to follow. Will anyone in this forum throw dust into the mouth of a wife who mourns the loss of her husband? Will anyone demonstrate feelings of jealousy, that is envy over the relationship one has, and be righteous in jealousy? Any narrations which show Aisha's actions supporting any descendant of Khadija or those married to her descendants, (such as Ali) would cause me to stop arguing this point. Actions speak much louder than mere stories.

#9 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for quoting that hadith. That hadith is actually in praise of Khadijah (ra) and shows her status as the favourite wife of the Prophet (pbuh).

As for jealousy, it is normal for a wife to get jealous. It is natural. By the way, do you know that in Arabic there are two words which get translated as jealous? One is neutral or positive. For example, the Prophet (pbuh) said that God is jealous. This is the good type of jealousy. Even the Bible, which you claim to believe in, says that God is jealous. Women get jealous. It is natural. As for the other word, that's the word used in Surat al-Falaq. I guess the reason why you created that thread about Surat al-Falaq was due to this issue, not that slick.

The daughter of the Prophet could not have an inheritance? Where is this in the Qur'an?

It is not mentioned in the Qur'an explicitly. The Prophet (pbuh) explained that Prophets (pbut) don't leave behind inheritance and that all their wealth gets distributed as Zakat. The Prophet (pbuh) also explained that he and his descendants don't receive Zakat. They only receive from the war booty.

Actually relaying something of great value to the next generations which gets a person praised and admired by millions of people speaks extremely loud. Aisha (ra) didn't have to narrate anything good about Khadijah or Fatimah (ra). Instead she related extremely good things about them which makes them admired and looked up to as role models among Muslims.

I know the originators of your religion followed a partisan form of Islam which hates the Companions (ra) and you have followed in their footsteps. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

#10 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yes, it is an excellent example to follow. To be able tell that somebody was more beloved than you while you are extremely jealous is a good deed. She very well could have just decided not to relate that - which would not have been a sin though. However, thankully she did for the sake of this Ummah because otherwise we wouldn't know these things. She did a service to Khadijah (ra) and this whole Ummah.

As for throwing dust into sombebody's mouth. Firstly, dust wasn't thrown. Secondly, it was the Prophet's (pbuh) words. Thirdly, extreme mourning was forbidden by the Prophet (pbuh). Fourthly, Arabs speak in hyperbole. Fifthly, this is what Aisha (ra) said to the man who was ordered twice to make people stop from crying: "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. humiliate you)."By Allah, you could not (stop the women from crying) to fulfill the order, besides you did not relieve Allah's Apostle from fatigue.". She didn't tell him to go actually put dust into people's mouths. Sixthly, Aisha (ra) is just narrating these incidents.

#11 Wesley

Wesley

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Actually if you knew rhetoric, you would realise that Abu Hurairah (ra), or rather the Prophet (pbuh), is using irony in the second hadith. The Prophet (pbuh) said that whoever begs the riches of others to increase his own is asking only for live coals, so let him ask a little or much in reference to the live coals. Who is going to ask for little or much coals? Nobody. It is called irony.

Besides, begging is asking when you have something. This is how the Prophet (pbuh) explained the difference between begging and asking:

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id said, "My mother sent me to the Messenger of Allah to ask him for help, but when I came by him I sat down. The Prophet faced me and said to me,

«ãóäö ÇÓúÊóÛúäóì ÃóÛúäóÇåõ Çááåõ¡ æóãóäö ÇÓúÊóÚóÝøó ÃóÚóÝøóåõ Çááåõ¡ æóãóäö ÇÓúÊóßóÝøó ßóÝóÇåõ Çááåõ¡ æóãóäú ÓóÃóáó æóáóåõ ÞöíãóÉõ ÃõæÞöíøóÉò ÝóÞóÏú ÃóáúÍóÝ»
(Whoever felt satisfied, then Allah will enrich him. Whoever is modest, Allah will make him decent. Whoever is content, then Allah will suffice for him. Whoever asks people, while having a small amout, he will have begged the people.)

Abu Sa`id said, "I said to myself, `I have a camel, Al-Yaqutah, and indeed, it is worth more than a small amount.' And I went back without asking the Prophet for anything.'' This is the same wording for this Hadith collected by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i.

Thus there is nothing wrong with asking, nor is asking considered begging, from an Islamic perspective. Begging is when you have something, even if little, and you still ask. Had actually Abu Hurairah (ra) asked for food, it wouldn't have been called begging. He was eligible to ask because he had nothing in Madinah during a certain period.

So it is good for a "Person A" to cause another "Person B" to recite verses of the Qur'an, solely for the purpose of "Person A" receiving charity? Are there any Hadith with testify to Abu Huraira's outstanding character? In the Hadith I cited, Abu Huraira was not acting out of love for the Prophet. He was acting for his own needs.

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 343:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I used to accompany Allah's Apostle to fill my stomach; and that was when I did not eat baked bread, nor wear silk. Neither a male nor a female slave used to serve me, and I used to bind stones over my belly and ask somebody to recite a Quranic Verse for me though I knew it, so that he might take me to his house and feed me. Ja'far bin Abi Talib was very kind to the poor, and he used to take us and feed us with what ever was available in his house, (and if nothing was available), he used to give us the empty (honey or butter) skin which we would tear and lick whatever was in it.

What are the virtues of Abu Huraira? Did he have any actions which supported the Prophet's family?

#12 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

What you are doing is trying to apply sinister motives to somebody. Abu Hurairah (ra) didn't solely visit the Prophet (pbuh) for his own needs. Abu Huraira (ra) immigrated for the cause of Islam to Medinah and he did a great service to the Prophet (pbuh) by teaching the Qur'an (one of the people through whom the Qur'an is narrated is Abu Huraira) and by teaching the hadihs of the Prophet (pbuh). Plus Abu Huraira (ra) would serve the Prophet (pbuh) as a servant.

#13 Wesley

Wesley

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

What you are doing is trying to apply sinister motives to somebody. Abu Hurairah (ra) didn't solely visit the Prophet (pbuh) for his own needs. Abu Huraira (ra) immigrated for the cause of Islam to Medinah and he did a great service to the Prophet (pbuh) by teaching the Qur'an (one of the people through whom the Qur'an is narrated is Abu Huraira) and by teaching the hadihs of the Prophet (pbuh). Plus Abu Huraira (ra) would serve the Prophet (pbuh) as a servant.

I can't seem to find a Hadith, not narrated by Abu Hurairah, which testifies to the outstanding character of Abu Huraira. Who exactly is the man that narrated nearly 1/6th of all of Sahih Bukhari? The Chapter in Sahih Muslim about the merits of Abu Huraira were all narrated by Abu Huraira. Any "authentic" source? Also, are there any "authentic" sources which showed Abu Hurairah, in his 2-3 years of being in Medina, learned or taught the Qur'an? The sources other than from Abu Hurairah himself.

#14 EasternQibla

EasternQibla

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

[i]Volume 7, Book 62, Number 156:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I never felt so jealous of any wife of Allah's Apostle as I did of Khadija because Allah's Apostle used to remember and praise her too often and because it was revealed to Allah's Apostle that he should give her (Khadija) the glad tidings of her having a palace of Qasab in Paradise.

Ok ... well I found this hadith in Volume 9, Book 93, Number 576, so I'll cross it off my list. But it is strange to me, no effort to fight such empty passions as jealousy while Muhammad did not even return "evil for evil, but excuse and forgive" (Volume 6, Book 60, Number 362). Why no effort to achieve the higher things in life, like excuse and forgive?

About the fly: Dear Absolute truth, thank you for the link. I didn't search for this hadith because I thought it was so strange. Has anyone tested fly's wings scientifically? Surely you can see where I am coming from?!! I found it just so strange to read. Anyway, if a fly has the antidote on its other wing then it must be safe to eat ... :no: :sl: :sl:

I know the originators of your religion followed a partisan form of Islam which hates the Companions (ra) and you have followed in their footsteps. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Er ... I don't want to get caught in the crossfire, but there were many things in Bukhari which I read which did seem very negative, and I have to ask about it.

Peace,

Richard

#15 Wesley

Wesley

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

It is not mentioned in the Qur'an explicitly. The Prophet (pbuh) explained that Prophets (pbut) don't leave behind inheritance and that all their wealth gets distributed as Zakat. The Prophet (pbuh) also explained that he and his descendants don't receive Zakat. They only receive from the war booty.

Exodus 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

Inheritance of a lot of land starting with Abraham. The Qur'an speaks often about the "way" or "Sunnah" of Abraham.

27:16. And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! we have been taught the speech of Birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah)."

The Qur'an says David, a Prophet, had an heir. An heir inherits.

19:2-6. (This is) a recital of the Mercy of thy Lord to His Servant Zakariya. Behold! he cried to his Lord in secret, Praying: "O my Lord! infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head doth glisten with grey: but never am I unblest, O my Lord, in my prayer to Thee! "Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Thyself -- "(One that) will (truly) represent me, and represent the posterity of Jacob; and make him, O my Lord! one with whom Thou art well-pleased!"

Zakariya, asked for an heir and received. An heir inherits.

83. And (remember) Job when he cried to his Lord, "Truly distress has seized me, but Thou art the Most Merciful of those that are merciful."

(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 21)

Remember, Job is a Prophet who had daughters.

Book of Job

42:12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she ######.

42:13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

42:14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.

42:15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

The Qur'an not "explicitly" saying that a Prophet does not have an inheritance seems to fall in line with the rest of the Qur'an and prior Scripture from God. What other source is needed? Others inherited directly from a Prophet.

#16 Wesley

Wesley

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

Since you mentioned my religion erroneously, I feel I have permission to tell the truth. As you can see below, there is no hate for the Companions by Baha'u'llah. On the contrary, he praised them. Note none are listed by name and also note none are listed as "infallible" or "free from error." Those who truly believed and sought nothing but the presence of God is loved.

Purge thy sight, therefore, from all earthly limitations, that thou mayest behold them all as the bearers of one Name, the exponents of one Cause, the manifestations of one Self, and the revealers of one Truth, and that thou mayest apprehend the mystic "return" of the Words of God as unfolded by these utterances. Reflect for a while upon the behaviour of the companions of the Muhammadan Dispensation. Consider how, through the reviving breath of Muhammad, they were cleansed from the defilements of earthly vanities, were delivered from selfish desires, and were detached from all else but Him. Behold how they preceded all the peoples of the earth in attaining unto His holy Presence -- the Presence of God Himself -- how they renounced the world and all that is therein, and sacrificed freely and joyously their lives at the feet of that Manifestation of the All-Glorious.

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 158)

Jealousy is an earthly vanity, by the way. Seeking others to say the Qur'an solely to be fed is a selfish desire. It doesn't show detachment from all else but God.

#17 EasternQibla

EasternQibla

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Returning to the science aspect of this section ... another one I found:

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 158:

Narrated Abu Bakra:

Allah's Apostle said: "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah and they do not eclipse because of the death of someone but Allah frightens His devotees with them."

Are you frightened by an eclipse of either the sun or moon? The ancient Greeks accurately described that it is just one 'heavenly body' moving in front of another.

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 167:

Narrated Abu Musa:

The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment). He went to the Masjid and offered the prayer with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing. Then he said, "These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but Allah makes His worshipers afraid by them. So when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him and ask for His forgiveness."

Why was Muhammad (God rest his soul) afraid that the Hour might have come just because of an eclipse?

Richard

#18 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Exodus 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

This is from the Bible. Thus it is irrelevant.

The Qur'an says David, a Prophet, had an heir. An heir inherits.

Way to fall for a trap. Yes, Solomon (pbuh) inherited David (pbuh). He inherited knowledge and Prophethood from his father. The inheritance that the Prophets (pbuh) leave behind is knowledge.

Zakariya, asked for an heir and received. An heir inherits.

Another stumble. Yes, Zacharias (pbuh) was very keen to have an heir and he received one, a spiritual heir, his son Yahya (pbuh). Zacharias (pbuh) was not asking for a heir so he could pass on his wealth.

Remember, Job is a Prophet who had daughters.

You quoted the Bible which is irrelevant

#19 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Since you mentioned my religion erroneously, I feel I have permission to tell the truth. As you can see below, there is no hate for the Companions by Baha'u'llah. On the contrary, he praised them. Note none are listed by name and also note none are listed as "infallible" or "free from error." Those who truly believed and sought nothing but the presence of God is loved.

Purge thy sight, therefore, from all earthly limitations, that thou mayest behold them all as the bearers of one Name, the exponents of one Cause, the manifestations of one Self, and the revealers of one Truth, and that thou mayest apprehend the mystic "return" of the Words of God as unfolded by these utterances. Reflect for a while upon the behaviour of the companions of the Muhammadan Dispensation. Consider how, through the reviving breath of Muhammad, they were cleansed from the defilements of earthly vanities, were delivered from selfish desires, and were detached from all else but Him. Behold how they preceded all the peoples of the earth in attaining unto His holy Presence -- the Presence of God Himself -- how they renounced the world and all that is therein, and sacrificed freely and joyously their lives at the feet of that Manifestation of the All-Glorious.

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 158)

Jealousy is an earthly vanity, by the way. Seeking others to say the Qur'an solely to be fed is a selfish desire. It doesn't show detachment from all else but God.

Yet the Companions (ra) taught the Sunnah which goes against your belief. Admittedly I don't know if the Sunnah was denied by your prophet.

There are a few possible scenarios:

1) You are going against the teachings of your prophet if he indeed believed that the Companions (ra) were that good and if your prophet does not deny the Sunnah which the Companions (ra) taught.

2) Your prophet is just appeasing to the rest of the Muslim world trying to win over converts.

My guess is number two since I have found your religion one that tries to appease to everybody. In particularly this comes to mind, "If we say there is One God, we speak truthfully. If we say there is one Sun in heaven and two Suns on Earth, again we speak truthfully". Those words, which I have paraphrased, are in reference to the Trinity. Your religion tries to appease to the Muslim, Christian, Jew, Zoroastrian and other eastern religions.

#20 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I can't seem to find a Hadith, not narrated by Abu Hurairah, which testifies to the outstanding character of Abu Huraira. Who exactly is the man that narrated nearly 1/6th of all of Sahih Bukhari? The Chapter in Sahih Muslim about the merits of Abu Huraira were all narrated by Abu Huraira. Any "authentic" source? Also, are there any "authentic" sources which showed Abu Hurairah, in his 2-3 years of being in Medina, learned or taught the Qur'an? The sources other than from Abu Hurairah himself.

Okay.

Ibn Omar says to Abu Hurayrah: “Abu Hurayrah, you were the most adhered to the Prophet and the most memorizing of his sayings than anyone of us.” Sunan Al-Turmidhi Vol.3, Book of “Manaqib Abi Hurayrah” (Virtues of Abu Hurayrah) Number 3836

It was said to Ibn Omar: “Do you deny anything that is said by Abu Hurayrah? Ibn Omar answered: “No, but he had the courage and we lacked it.” Al-Thahabi, “Sayr A’alam Al-Nubala’a,” Vol.2 p.608

Ash’ath bin Saleem narrated from his father who says: “When I came to the Medina, I saw Abu Ayyub narrates from Hurayrah who narrated from the Prophet peace be upon him. I asked him how he could do that and he is the companion of the Prophet? He answered: “To hear and narrate from Abu Hurayrah who narrated from the Prophet peace be upon him is more beloved to me than to narrate directly from the Prophet peace be upon him.” Al-Thahabi, “Sayr A’alam Al-Nubala’a,” Vol.2 p.606

Mu’awiyah bin Abi A’aysh Al-Ansari narrates that once he was sitting with Ibn Al-Zubair when Muhammad ben Eyas ben Al-Bakee came and asked about the religious verdict of a man who divorced his wife three times before sexual intercourse. So Ibn Abi Ayash sent the man to Abu Hurayrah and Ibn Abbas who both were with Aysha. The man left and asked Abu Hurayrah and Ibn Abbas the same question. Ibn Abbas asked Abu Huraryah: “Here you got an enigma, give him an answer Abu Hurayrah.” Abu Hurayrah answered: “The first divorce makes your wife a Bayyinah divorcee, and the third one makes her forbidden on you.” Ibn Abbas said the same thing. Al-Thahabi, “Sayr A’alam Al-Nubala’a,” Vol.2 p.607

Abu Anas Malik bin Abi A’amir says: “Once a man came to Talha bin Ubaydillah and said: “O’ father of Muhammad! Do you know this Yamani – Abu Hurayrah –? Is he more knowledgeable about the Prophet’s hadeeth than you? Because we hear things from him that we do not hear from you. Or does he narrate what the Prophet did not really say?” Ibn Ubaydillah answered: “That Abu Hurayrah heard from the Prophet peace be upon him what we did not hear then there is no doubt about it. Let me tell you about it. We always had to take care of our houses, goats and works. We used to visit the messenger of Allah peace be upon him at the two folds of daylight and Abu Hurayrah was there and poor. He was a guest at the Prophet’s house, and had nothing in his hands. Therefore we do not doubt it that he heard from the Prophet what we did not hear, and you would never find a man who has goodness in his self that he would say what the messenger of Allah did not say.” Al-Thahabi, “Sayr A’alam Al-Nubala’a,” Vol.2 p.605-606

Like I told you previously, what Abu Huraira (ra) narrated is corraborated by other Companions (ra).