#1 male

male

Male

• Counceling room only
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

Assalamu alaikum

4 years ago, my life was great. I was a happy 11 year old and things were great. Then one day my dad decided he would go back to school to further his education, so he could provide even more for the family. So then my dad left his job and got his masters degree. We all supported him... for the first 2 years that is. After 2 years he started acting differently. He acted as if he wasn't married and became less of a family man. He went from being religious and having good intentions to having affairs and worrying more about his appearance than his own kids.

4 years later my life is awful. I can't stand my dad anymore, as a matter of fact I can't stand my life in general. My dad is still unemployed, can't afford anything and I'm sick of it. My dad has 4 weeks at this point to find a job and he acts like it's no big deal. I know it's haram to hate either one of your parents but right now to be honest I more than hate my dad. I'm frustrated and extremely angry to the point where I've had homicidal thoughts. Honestly I'm at the lowest point in my life and I can't stand it. I'm still having a hard time accepting reality which is my family is broke. I've got nowhere to turn to but god and my religion.

#2 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,065 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Wa alaikumu as-salam

I am sorry to hear that, bro. May God make it easy for you and your family. You shouldn't hate your dad because God commands us to be good to parents, definately not hurt him. I know your situation is hard and there is little I can do to console you. However, what I would like to say is that you know that the answer to your problem is God and His religion. Pray God for help and do your best to get ahead in life. Pray for your dad, family and yourself.

Lastly I want to quote something from the Qur'an and the words of the Prophet (pbuh):

(Surah 2) (155. And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient).) (156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.'') (157. They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e., who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones.)

ÃÝÖá ÇáÚÈÇÏÉ ÇäÊÙÇÑ ÇáÝÑÌ

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

The best act of worship performed among the people of my nation is awaiting God's relief and deliverance [Tirmithi]

May God make it easy for you, brother.

#3 male

male

Male

• Counceling room only
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the reply bro. What you said really made me reflect. I'm just going to have to be patient and pray for a brighter day.

#4 akhtar

akhtar

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Praise be to Allah swt, good advice, helped me aswell, sad how we forget, this world is a jungle, a person has to be careful not to get lost, jazakallah khair