Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo

Flashbacks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 female

female

• Counceling room only
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Does the Quran or Hadiths or Islam in general tell us what to do when we've had a tumultuous past and have flashbacks. It's to the point I forget things at work because they just come when they come and I space out into just thinking afterwards and I'm so self absolved I'm losing my family, and missing out on my kids lives, and forgetting simple things like losing my keys constantly or misplacing my work clothes. I can't function. But part of this is that some of the most powerful triggers for me are psychologists. I can't seek counseling because I was so traumatized by several bad experiences with them in childhood that t in and of itself is a trigger. And I know that Islam says to be close to our families but I can't even be in the same state with them because of my past with these flashbacks and the pain it brings to be near them. My mom and dad aren't like my mom and dad to me. They gave me up and my dad left before I was given up. They stay in my life on holidays and then are out of it until the next birthday or thanksgiving. I don't know what to do. It's just so bad right now.

#2 akhtar

akhtar

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Asalaam alaykum

In the name of Allah, most merciful, most gracious.
I have a chequered past aswell, my mother killed my father in front of me, I was nine at the time, I think the fact that I was young but I managed to block it out, now I'm 40 yrs old, I can't really recall it, though I know it happened.

Read this, it helped me, inshallah

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamgreatreligion.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2009/03/09/10-tips-to-fight-depression/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamgreatreligion.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/20...ght-depression/[/url]

Edited by akhtar, 03 February 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#3 Faizy

Faizy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

U can approach a psychologist to help u out