• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Israa`eel

Israa`eel

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

I found this thread quite interesting, al hamdulillaah. Forgive me if this ones already been asked:

Who was the first ever racist?

#2 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Assalam alaikum
Shaytan ?

#3 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

I agree with Brother Absolute , shaytan looked down on man and thought he was better because he was made of fire

#4 Israa`eel

Israa`eel

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ok, i think this one was a bit too easy. Yes the answer is Shaytaan; and the reason is given by correctly in the above reply - Shaytaan was made of fire and Aadam [as] was made from earth, hence shaytaan thought he was better.

Racism is one of the biggest problems in the world, and more specifically a big problem in the Ummah. It is one of the reasons why we are so dis-united. May Allaah remove any kind of racism from our hearts and allow us to be closer to unity. Ameen

#5 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 770 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Jazakum Allah khaira

#6 Amoeba

Amoeba

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Interesting tidbit: In biology there is no such thing as 'race' in the human species (though it does exist in some animal species) because the genetic differences between humans of one so-called 'race' are greater within the so-called race than they are between the so-called races. Also because all human beings can be genetically traced back to one relatively recent female ancestor (yes, science accepts that we all descended from a single woman) there hasn't been enough time for big enough differences to develop.

So, really we should be trying to do away with the concept of race altogether.

#7 jay007

jay007

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

I think its jealousy

#8 Saracen21stC

Saracen21stC

• IF Moderator
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Studying Islam (and other religions), Learning different languages and cultures, reading (e)books (preferably religious and history books).

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

I think its jealousy

That's not an answer of a Muslim.

There is nothing to add here by 'thinking'. The first evil doer according to Islam is Satan. The answer has been already given above with clear explanation. It's usually the non-Muslims who say something like this instead of saying Satan. Also, jealousy is not a being.

Edited by Saracen21stC, 14 November 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#9 Ashir

Ashir

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Religion: Atheism

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Racism is an evolutionary trait. It has been around for millennium, right down to the first few humans (well, not as in Adam and Eve but the first humans as determined by fossils and the visible transition from Neanderthals to us). You can see it in animals today. Anti-racism or even simple neutrality is much rarer and is exclusive to our race. The psychology of rejecting pariahs is very interesting indeed.

#10 october

october

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Religion: Believer without religion

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Islam fires the seed of racism in uk.

If we dropped the religion and discussed like rational people ie - not talking of beings made of fire. Then we could overcome the colour of skin.

You as muslims think everything belongs to you, you dont try to help non-muslims, you just help yourself

If someone could mention an Islamic charity in the uk that doesnt specificlly cater to muslims, id be very happy to hear about it.

#11 Kai Thaabit

Kai Thaabit

• PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Iblees was the first racist. I don't know if there was racism among jinn already before the incident with Iblees and Adam.

Among humans, the first racist was probably Fir'awn, maybe Namrud?

#12 Olaf

Olaf

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Religion: Atheism

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:46 AM

That's not an answer of a Muslim.

There is nothing to add here by 'thinking'. The first evil doer according to Islam is Satan. The answer has been already given above with clear explanation. It's usually the non-Muslims who say something like this instead of saying Satan. Also, jealousy is not a being.

Good God!  Are you actually saying that Muslims should not think for themselves, but should simply accept Islamic teaching and Islamic faith without question?  That's scary indeed!

Olaf.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racism, nationalism