Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo
- - - - -

Word Meanings In Qur'an ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 724 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Assalam alaikum

The word Zakat in the quran is used to mean the 5th pillar in islam except in 1 ayah,

what is the ayah &surah ?

#2 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

wa alykom alsalam wa rahmat Allah, brother

do you mean the one in surat Maryam, in this verse the word "Zakah, زكاه " means "pure and clear of bad issues". and it's used as a quality of the great prophet Yahya, John (pbuh):
019.012 Y: (To his son came the command): "O Yahya! take hold of the Book with might": and We gave him Wisdom even as a youth,
019.013 Y: And piety (for all creatures) as from Us, and purity (zakah-tn): He was devout,

the same meaning is used to describe the substitute son in the story in surat Alkahf, the cave:
018.081Y: "So we desired that their Lord would give them in exchange (a son) better in purity, Zakah-tn (of conduct) and closer in affection.

the word Zakah, is just doing the same quality to your money it just purify and filter it.

is that right boss!! :cool:

#3 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Assalam alaikum

i mean the ayah in surat Maryam. Jazakum Allahu khaira for the other ayah so the Q should be:
except 2 ayahs :)

--------
The word "Juz' جزء " is used to mean part/some except 1 ayah, what is it?

#4 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

wa alykom alsalam wa rahmat Allah, brother

here are the verses contains the word "Juz'" i found and all of them seems like part or some!!!

002.260Y: When Abraham said: "Show me, Lord, how You will raise the dead, " He replied: "Have you no faith?" He said "Yes, but just to reassure my heart." Allah said, "Take four birds, draw them to you, and cut their bodies to pieces. Scatter them, Juz', over the mountain-tops, then call them back. They will come swiftly to you. Know that Allah is Mighty, Wise."

015.043 Y: And verily, Hell is the promised abode for them all!
015.044 Y: To it are seven gates: for each of those gates is a (special) class, Juz', (of sinners) assigned.

043.015Y: Yet they attribute to some of His servants a share (Juz') with Him (in his godhead)! truly is man a blasphemous ingrate avowed!

plz, clear what you mean to me, may allah bless you

#5 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Assalam alaikum

Jazakum Allah khaira

The answer is:

43:15

Posted Image

Sahih International
But they have attributed to Him from His servants a portion. Indeed, man is clearly ungrateful.

That portion is Offspring as most scholars say, as in "Adwaa' Albayan" and "Maariful Quran", from which i quote:
Posted Image (And they have attributed to Him [that He is composed of] parts [and that too] out of His slaves...43:15)

'parts' in this verse means 'offspring', because the polytheists used to say that angels are daughters of Allah, and by using the word 'parts' instead of 'offspring' the fallacy of their claim has been pointed out on pure logical ground. The gist of the argument is that had Allah any offspring, that offspring will have been His part, because a son is a part of his father, and it is a rule of logic that an entity that consists of parts is dependent upon its parts for its full existence. This will then necessarily mean that Allah Ta'ala is also dependent on His offspring, which is obviously impossible, because dependence of any kind, being a negation of the Divine Majesty, is out of question in Allah's case.

Allah knws the best.

#6 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

wa alykom alsalam brother,
wa Gazakom-o Allah khayer

i can see the meaning of "Juz'" in this verse still related to the main meaning of it "PART/SOME"

the meaning will be in the general form: "they attributed to Allah a part/some of the qualities that attributed to them..........."
which may specified to be "offspring", as some scholars stated, or any other human quality (eating, getting tired, ......)

may Allah enrich our kowladge in his Quran, Amen