49 replies to this topic

#1 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

About 2,000 Afghans protested outside the main U.S. military base in Afghanistan on Tuesday over a report that foreign soldiers improperly disposed of copies of the Koran.

If this is true....My God what is wrong with these people!

full story: http://www.reuters.c...E81K09T20120221

#2 ala'adin

ala'adin

• PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

it was on the BBC as well... disgraceful

Edited by ala'adin, 21 February 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#3 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

is this a part of their "war on terror" - I don't know what type of people have mentalities that they would do such things.

#4 ala'adin

ala'adin

• PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

To me it seems that they wanted a reaction, Why? I dont know but, after all that has been previously said and done, the outrage it has caused when people in other countries have done similar things. like the pastor in the US.

What possessed them to think that this could be okay???? or would not get a reaction.

May Allah guide them

#5 Scotia

Scotia

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

what possesses ppl to riot over something as trivial, ppl died because of this over reaction.

now if it had been a terrorist attack by "misunderstanders of Islam", no wait muslims dont get that worked up about that.....if it had been the murder of an inoccent girl by zealous male family members, no wait muslims dont get that worked up about that either.

Can any1 see how this looks to non muslims?

#6 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Scotia it is not something 'trivial'. It is our holy book the quran - the soldiers in Afghan know quite well that this is not something trivial and they know how much the quran means to Muslims. Also this is not the first time the soldiers have been involved in disgusting acts - just a while ago a video emerged of them urinating on dead bodies, before that the video was leaked on wikileaks of soldiers in a helicopter killing innocent civilians. If non muslims can't see why Muslims are annoyed and frustrated by these acts then too bad.

The fact is why did they burn the qurans? If they didn't want them they could have gave them to mosques or civilians but they decided to burn them. I don't understand what the aim of the soldiers is in Afghan because they seem to becoming more and more involved in immature inhuman acts.

#7 Scotia

Scotia

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Scotia it is not something 'trivial'. It is our holy book the quran - the soldiers in Afghan know quite well that this is not something trivial and they know how much the quran means to Muslims. Also this is not the first time the soldiers have been involved in disgusting acts - just a while ago a video emerged of them urinating on dead bodies, before that the video was leaked on wikileaks of soldiers in a helicopter killing innocent civilians. If non muslims can't see why Muslims are annoyed and frustrated by these acts then too bad.

The fact is why did they burn the qurans? If they didn't want them they could have gave them to Masjids or civilians but they decided to burn them. I don't understand what the aim of the soldiers is in Afghan because they seem to becoming more and more involved in immature inhuman acts.

It may be your holy book, its not mine, to me its just a book, i do not consider it special in any way.

Why should I give it preferencial treatment, ive thrown old books out before.

Maybe these soldiers did it to show up some double standards.

#8 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

It may be your holy book, its not mine, to me its just a book, i do not consider it special in any way.

Why should I give it preferencial treatment, ive thrown old books out before.

Maybe these soldiers did it to show up some double standards.

It is ok that you do not believe in the quran or you do not consider it to be special - that is your decision. The fact is though over 1 billion people do consider it to be their holy book. The soldiers are in a Muslim majority country and are aware of how much this book means to the civilians. What is the purpose behind urinating on dead bodies and burning the quran and killing innocent civilians in this so called "war on terror" - I am sure if you were to put yourself in the lives of them people for one day then you would understand the hurt and anger they have. But if you are just going to stand outside reality and say it is just a book and this is just trivial then you are living in another world.

And if we are going to live in this world together with different beliefs then we need some respect - I live in a catholic majority country and the Muslims here ( and other religious groups) don't burn the bible even though they do not believe in it word for word or they believe it is corrupt. People refrain from an act like this because they know there are people who have an emotional attachment to the bible. If Muslims in my country were to have this 'its only a book' attitude towards the bible then society would have much more conflicts.

#9 The Shrew

The Shrew

• PipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

It is ok that you do not believe in the quran or you do not consider it to be special - that is your decision. The fact is though over 1 billion people do consider it to be their holy book. The soldiers are in a Muslim majority country and are aware of how much this book means to the civilians. What is the purpose behind urinating on dead bodies and burning the quran and killing innocent civilians in this so called "war on terror" - I am sure if you were to put yourself in the lives of them people for one day then you would understand the hurt and anger they have. But if you are just going to stand outside reality and say it is just a book and this is just trivial then you are living in another world.

And if we are going to live in this world together with different beliefs then we need some respect - I live in a catholic majority country and the Muslims here ( and other religious groups) don't burn the bible even though they do not believe in it word for word or they believe it is corrupt. People refrain from an act like this because they know there are people who have an emotional attachment to the bible. If Muslims in my country were to have this 'its only a book' attitude towards the bible then society would have much more conflicts.

Well I must say I agree with you on this. :thumbsup:

#10 Israa`eel

Israa`eel

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Scotia, its not something trivial and it is worth dying for. You do not see it as something special and that is your biggest misguidance. But for Muslims the Qur`aan is more valuable than every atheist that lives. We hope you give up your atheism and look into the Qur`aan with an open heart and accept it in your life.

#11 Scotia

Scotia

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Scotia, its not something trivial and it is worth dying for. You do not see it as something special and that is your biggest misguidance. But for Muslims the Qur`aan is more valuable than every atheist that lives. We hope you give up your atheism and look into the Qur`aan with an open heart and accept it in your life.

You value a book over the lives of ur fellow human beings???????

#12 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Since the terrible act by NATO soldiers, 12 people and 2 soldiers have been killed with many more injured. This conflict that has now resulted from the act of soldiers could have been avoided.

Soldiers are supposed to prevent conflict not encourage it and they need to behave responsibly - I do not believe it was an unintentional act - in a country where 99% of the population are Muslim there is no way that the soldiers didn't know how much the quran means to the Muslims.

#13 Scotia

Scotia

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Did the muslims have to rise to the challenge, resulting in deaths?

#14 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Did the muslims have to rise to the challenge, resulting in deaths?

Are you proposing that Muslims should sit back and watch these soldiers burn what they believe to be the word of God and not react to acts such as urinating on the bodies of dead people?

#15 Scotia

Scotia

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

we are just talking about a book here, and yes no 1 should die because a book got burnt.

how many bibles are destroyed by muslims every year?

#16 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Muslims destroying bibles? That's news to me. Can you show us how many bibles Muslims are burning every year? Let alone burning them in Christian majority countries? Especially in Christian majority countries where Islamic Armies have invaded the land and killed thousands of women and children including babies and where women have been raped and drugs are made to flourish. Where prostitution which was largely demolished has now made to become a booming business thanks to said invading, bible burning Islamic Army?

Awaiting your answer thanks.

#17 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

we are just talking about a book here, and yes no 1 should die because a book got burnt.

how many bibles are destroyed by muslims every year?

Scotia continue to live outside reality - if you are not going to accept that for Muslims it is more than a book then there is no point in even talking to you.

What would you do if some stranger came into your home and killed a family member of yours? Would you sit there and just say well that is just my family.

And Muslims burning bibles? I have never met a Muslim who wants to burn the bible. As I said I live in a catholic majority country and I have never come across any incident of any religious group burning anothers holy book. What is the point?

#18 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

#19 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Germany Pulls Troops Early From Afghan Outpost

http://abcnews.go.co...79#.T0gI6_Hxp0I

#20 Scotia

Scotia

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

Scotia continue to live outside reality - if you are not going to accept that for Muslims it is more than a book then there is no point in even talking to you.

What would you do if some stranger came into your home and killed a family member of yours? Would you sit there and just say well that is just my family.

And Muslims burning bibles? I have never met a Muslim who wants to burn the bible. As I said I live in a catholic majority country and I have never come across any incident of any religious group burning anothers holy book. What is the point?

Oh really so what happens to all the bibles confiscated every year by muslims, like saudi arabia for example?