• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MohammedAyaz

MohammedAyaz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have a small doubt that does chewing gum contains pork cuz some of my friends yes and some said only in some chewing gums!! Am from India so popular chewing gum consumed by teenagers is "boomer"," big bubble" I know names are funny:P so anyone help to confirm about this!!!! Thanks in advance!!:)

#2 MohammedAyaz

MohammedAyaz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have a small doubt that does chewing gum contains pork cuz some of my friends yes and some said only in some chewing gums!! Am from India so popular chewing gum consumed by teenagers is "boomer"," big bubble" I know names are funny:P so anyone help to confirm about this!!!! Thanks in advance!!:)

Dear brothers and sisters plz don't laugh at title cuz I made typing mistake I couldn't find to edit the post!!!! I know this is silly but still ....am saying!!! ;)

#3 Wanderer

Wanderer

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Politics, faith, history, philosophy, science, and learning about others.
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Chewing gum doesn't usually have pork or any other animal products in it. It has a lot of synthetic ingredients, but no pork. The only thing that could potentially have any animal products in it would be the glazing, but that could have insect by-products such as beeswax instead of anything from pork. I'm sure if you Google specific name brands and "ingredient list," you'll be able to find out the ingredients in specific brands. Any unfamiliar synthetic terms can be looked up as well.

Aside from all that, it's not really a good idea to EAT chewing gum; you should just spit it out after the flavor goes away. I'm sure the body would have a difficult time digesting it.

#4 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

alsalamo alykom, brother

really, i have no idea at all, while you may [as Wanderer show] Google "ingredient list" of a specific brand (that you have in your area), and supposidly it should be written on the package some where in micro-font, or e-mail the manufactuerer.

and again, gum could cause digestive propblems and big peace of it may partially or totally block that food line we have after stomach, which may cause further complicated problems.............although that may have low probability while still un-needed.

#5 iRock

iRock

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Don't worry too much about that , some day it will find find away to get out of the body (^ 0 ^ )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chewing gum, food