Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo

God Or Science: Do I Have To Choose One?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J.A.Abdullah

J.A.Abdullah

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

As-Salamu Alaykum Ummah :)

Here's another video for you to check out. It's the 3rd episode in my TID-BITS OF Islam series. If you approve of what I'm doing, please help support the efforts by watching the videos, sharing the videos, and subscribing to the channel. Also, if you have ANY advice, I'm all ears. :)

PLEASE SHARE THIS VIDEO WITH YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS WHO HAVE TURNED ATHEIST BECAUSE OF SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES.
Many don't know that Islam & SCIENCE coexist in perfect harmony. :)

#2 Saracen21stC

Saracen21stC

• IF Moderator
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Studying Islam (and other religions), Learning different languages and cultures, reading (e)books (preferably religious and history books).
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

:sl:

It depends on the meaning of Science (and God).

Edited by Saracen21stC, 02 October 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#3 Wanderer

Wanderer

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Politics, faith, history, philosophy, science, and learning about others.
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

"Science" is derived from the Latin word "scientia" which means "knowledge." Specifically, it deals with using reason to observe and study the universe around us with testable hypotheses. A hypothesis presents a possible, testable explanation for observed phenomena in nature, and can be very simple or very complex. If the procedures created to test the hypothesis repeatedly confirms the hypothesis' prediction, then one could logically assume that the hypothesis is a reasonable explanation for the phenomena being studied. If the experiments the hypothesis undergoes to test its validity result in effects that contradict the predictions of the hypothesis, then the hypothesis can reasonably be discarded as an explanation for the observed phenomenon, and another hypothesis needs to be put forth.

That's really the essence of it.

Edited by Wanderer, 02 October 2012 - 09:31 PM.