10 replies to this topic

#1 BrotherDani

BrotherDani

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters!

My road to Islam has been long , painful and interessting. I`m quite young (26) and i`ve embraced Islam a month ago. I`m a hungarian citizen living in Denmark , have a fiancé , a regular job , but it wasn`t always like this .

I grew up in Budapest , Hungary into a roman catholic family . My parents didn`t live a religious way of life , even though they claimed to be superchristian from time to time. They divorced when i was 13 , my father disappeared forever and i was left with my mother , my little sister and little brother .
My mother wasn`t well educated nor had high intelligence, she was a simple girl from the countryside who married to my dad in hope for a better quality of life (my father was in the Hungarian forces , it used to be a privilege to serve in the hungarian forces-those times are over.) , so she was struggling to get a job. I had to get a job as well , because she made it clear that she`s not capable of providing any allowance for us. I went to high school and worked at fast food restaurants , different supermarkets in the same time. It wasn`t easy and since there was nobody in my family i could talk to ,nor had an older brother or sister , i`ve found an illusion of comfort within the punk scene of Budapest. It meant lots of alcohol,lots of pills with alcohol , wild parties , crashing supermarket windows at nights and the great illusion that i belong somewhere , that i belong to a movement.
Obivously, it created conflicts at home and my mother had this boyfriend who just moved in and we had to treat him like he`s our dad too. It wasn`t normal and on top of that , i never liked the guy , we had nothing in common to talk about and he was a freeloader ,living off of my and my mom`s salary.

Eventually, after a series of conflicts and fights between me and him , he made my mother decide: me or him. I did not realize it that time , but she was so insecure , afraid of being alone - she choose him over me .
I was 16 when i started life as a homeless. Here, i have to mention that Hungary has "democracy" since 1989 , so the people still don`t know how to use their freedom. It`s a very negative,racist,xenophobic environment with an economy that is ambushed by corruption and greed-just like anywhere else in eastern europe nowadays.
Being a homeless in such environment is not easy , it got me into some smaller criminal activities that led me into prison , but i`ll talk about this later.
I left my country with a backpack and about 10 euros in my pocket back in 2007 , blackrode the trains, hitch-hiked , tried to find a place to be , where i can be in peace ,without hatred and constant hatecrimes . I stayed in Croatia,Slovakia,Poland,Germany,The Netherlands and eventually settled here in Copenhagen.

In 2011, june , the police knocked on our door , saying that the hugarian authorities gave out an arrest warrant , so i was sent back to Hungary ,leaving everything that i`ve built up here in Denmark:relationships, job, home and the person you go to sleep with every night and wake up with every morning.
After spending 7 months in "preventive custody" i was sentenced to 1 year and 2 months in prison and i`ve been released in august,2012.

Islam has been always around me whether i`ve noticed or not. I felt like during my life that Islam might be something one day will come into my life , because there were so many signs of it.
Through the worst situations , starving , freezing bad times and all alone - Allah was always present and guided me through the jungle i had created around myself at such a young age.

My first full-contact encounter with Islam was at a " Support Palestine" rally. I have been doing charity work and i am involved in activism a couple of years ago . I have always tried to find the key for a better life,so we would set up workshops and raising awareness on injustices and through these events, i got to meet people with different backgrounds and it opened my eyes and my heart too. I got to meet a couple of muslim brothers and sisters and none of them ever talked about their faith as long as i didn`t ask for it and i was kind of afraid to ask , so i`ve researched on the internet ,spending whole nights in front of the computer reading about Islam and after finding more and more and more of myself in this beautiful religion , i asked a brother i know : Mohamed , if he`s a religious muslim and if he is , would he be interessted teaching me .
He works in a falafel shop , and when i asked him the question , he stopped messing with the salads , looked at me with tears in his eyes and he said that it`s the best thing that ever happened to him.
After this , i took the Shahada , in the back of the shop and we sat down and he taught me the basics of Islam .

I have now, found a true Brotherhood and happiness and i`m in the process of losing everything that is in the way between Allah and me . I have lots to learn and it`s not going to be easy , because i already have some problems with people i used to call friends. But Allah knows best and insa Allah , i will complete the journey to the infinite .

This is my story -as short as possible- if you are interessted about any details , feel free to ask.

Your Brother : Daniel

Jazak Allah for reading this !

#2 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,158 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Wa alaikum assalam brother Daniel

Wow!!
Allahu akbar!
What a touching story. It brought tears to my eyes.
Masha'Allah brother. Almighty Allah loves you. He has been guiding you, untill you met that falafel man, a genuine Muslim.
I envy that falafel man. Its a true blessing for a Muslim to find a chance to help someone revert.

I want to ask you about your fience. Is she a Muslim?
Its Ok if she's Christian or Jew. But keep in mind that its best to decide if you want to marry her, and in that case, marry her the sooner the better. Otherwise stop seeing her to avoid unlawful relations.

#3 BrotherDani

BrotherDani

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

We`ll get married soon , she`s not a muslim , she was born as a catholic . I am currently introducing Islam to her and insa Allah , one day she`ll find her path as well.

#4 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,158 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

That's great to hear. May Almighty Allah bless you with a happy and prosperous life with your soon-to-be wife. I'm sure she's lucky to have met someone clear and good hearted like yourself. Insha'Allah she will see the light with your help and kindness.

#5 Emrald

Emrald

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Congratulations brother Dani,your story brought tears in my eyes...you are too lucky to have such Happy Ending

#6 BrotherDani

BrotherDani

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Jazak Allah Sister !

#7 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

as salaam alaykum brother

you really have been through hard times and I am happy that you found Islam to guide you and I am glad you recognise Allah was always with you whether you noticed or not. May Allah continue to guide you and bring you happiness in your life, Ameen. 

#8 BrotherDani

BrotherDani

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Jazak Allah for all the good wishes , it`s great to read your kindness everyone ! Allahu Akbar !

#9 Iqra101

Iqra101

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:reading

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Masha Allah great to have you on board dear brother.  :D

#10 XTREME

XTREME

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters!

My road to Islam has been long , painful and interessting. I`m quite young (26) and i`ve embraced Islam a month ago. I`m a hungarian citizen living in Denmark , have a fiancé , a regular job , but it wasn`t always like this .

I grew up in Budapest , Hungary into a roman catholic family . My parents didn`t live a religious way of life , even though they claimed to be superchristian from time to time. They divorced when i was 13 , my father disappeared forever and i was left with my mother , my little sister and little brother .
My mother wasn`t well educated nor had high intelligence, she was a simple girl from the countryside who married to my dad in hope for a better quality of life (my father was in the Hungarian forces , it used to be a privilege to serve in the hungarian forces-those times are over.) , so she was struggling to get a job. I had to get a job as well , because she made it clear that she`s not capable of providing any allowance for us. I went to high school and worked at fast food restaurants , different supermarkets in the same time. It wasn`t easy and since there was nobody in my family i could talk to ,nor had an older brother or sister , i`ve found an illusion of comfort within the punk scene of Budapest. It meant lots of alcohol,lots of pills with alcohol , wild parties , crashing supermarket windows at nights and the great illusion that i belong somewhere , that i belong to a movement.
Obivously, it created conflicts at home and my mother had this boyfriend who just moved in and we had to treat him like he`s our dad too. It wasn`t normal and on top of that , i never liked the guy , we had nothing in common to talk about and he was a freeloader ,living off of my and my mom`s salary.

Eventually, after a series of conflicts and fights between me and him , he made my mother decide: me or him. I did not realize it that time , but she was so insecure , afraid of being alone - she choose him over me .
I was 16 when i started life as a homeless. Here, i have to mention that Hungary has "democracy" since 1989 , so the people still don`t know how to use their freedom. It`s a very negative,racist,xenophobic environment with an economy that is ambushed by corruption and greed-just like anywhere else in eastern europe nowadays.
Being a homeless in such environment is not easy , it got me into some smaller criminal activities that led me into prison , but i`ll talk about this later.
I left my country with a backpack and about 10 euros in my pocket back in 2007 , blackrode the trains, hitch-hiked , tried to find a place to be , where i can be in peace ,without hatred and constant hatecrimes . I stayed in Croatia,Slovakia,Poland,Germany,The Netherlands and eventually settled here in Copenhagen.

In 2011, june , the police knocked on our door , saying that the hugarian authorities gave out an arrest warrant , so i was sent back to Hungary ,leaving everything that i`ve built up here in Denmark:relationships, job, home and the person you go to sleep with every night and wake up with every morning.
After spending 7 months in "preventive custody" i was sentenced to 1 year and 2 months in prison and i`ve been released in august,2012.

Islam has been always around me whether i`ve noticed or not. I felt like during my life that Islam might be something one day will come into my life , because there were so many signs of it.
Through the worst situations , starving , freezing bad times and all alone - Allah was always present and guided me through the jungle i had created around myself at such a young age.

My first full-contact encounter with Islam was at a " Support Palestine" rally. I have been doing charity work and i am involved in activism a couple of years ago . I have always tried to find the key for a better life,so we would set up workshops and raising awareness on injustices and through these events, i got to meet people with different backgrounds and it opened my eyes and my heart too. I got to meet a couple of muslim brothers and sisters and none of them ever talked about their faith as long as i didn`t ask for it and i was kind of afraid to ask , so i`ve researched on the internet ,spending whole nights in front of the computer reading about Islam and after finding more and more and more of myself in this beautiful religion , i asked a brother i know : Mohamed , if he`s a religious muslim and if he is , would he be interessted teaching me .
He works in a falafel shop , and when i asked him the question , he stopped messing with the salads , looked at me with tears in his eyes and he said that it`s the best thing that ever happened to him.
After this , i took the Shahada , in the back of the shop and we sat down and he taught me the basics of Islam .

I have now, found a true Brotherhood and happiness and i`m in the process of losing everything that is in the way between Allah and me . I have lots to learn and it`s not going to be easy , because i already have some problems with people i used to call friends. But Allah knows best and insa Allah , i will complete the journey to the infinite .

This is my story -as short as possible- if you are interessted about any details , feel free to ask.

Your Brother : Daniel

Jazak Allah for reading this !

Subhan Allah brother!

Such a beautiful story :) May Allah increase your eman and show her the light of Islam too. I pray for your and her better life, Amin! 

Duas from Kashmir !

Jazak Allah! :)

#11 Python

Python

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Religion: Non-religion

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Good luck, Dani.