- - - - -

How To Deal With Hate

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheAmerican

TheAmerican

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Politics, World News, Palestine/israel conflict, Music, History, Teaching, Family
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

How do you guys cope with it? I just got called a Disease today, that I was joining a backwards cruel religion and that my parents cry at night wondering why they raised a monster like me.

Now usually I am not suseptable to insults. I tend to just shrug and walk away. But these really tore me down. It got me thinking "Will America be the place to raise my kids? Will it be a safe place for them to grow up in? Will it be a safe place for me and my wife to live?"

I don't know if any of these are true. I don't want to live in a country where I am hated simply for my religion. In a country of religious freedom no less.

I'm just very thoughtfull and worried.

#2 TheAmerican

TheAmerican

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Politics, World News, Palestine/israel conflict, Music, History, Teaching, Family

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

John Paul: I appreciate the effort, but that does not give any answers. I will not hate them back, attack them or ridicule them unless physically attacked first. But I will not raise my kids in a hateful environment.

#3 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Assalam alaikum

Pray for God to help you to be able to cope with this environment and remember, every hardship in the worldly life would be easy if your heart look towards the the most High not the creatures.

http://www.sunnipath...px#Persecutions
and Inshaa'Allah with time, people will accept it as a reality. It's just the first shock.

#4 IAmZamzam

IAmZamzam

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

"Food for thought"? This is one more reason why it would help you to know more about Islam, John Paul. You would have known The Qur'an says the same thing: "Not equal are the good deed and the evil deed. Repel with that which is fairer and behold, he between whom and thee there is enmity shall be as if he were a loyal friend." (Surah 41, verse 34, Arberry)

There are people like that in every country, TheAmerican, and wherever you are you're eventually going to find yourself in the minorty in *some* respect. You really can't win. Just remember that every bit of suffering counts to your final goal in Paradise, right down to the last thorn that pricks you.

Edited by Yahya Sulaiman, 21 February 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#5 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,121 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Assalamo alaikum

There about 9 million Muslims in the USA. If where you live is not welcoming Islam, there are other states that are more in piece with it. Muslims in California constitute about 20% of the population, more than a million Muslim. New York comes second.

#6 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

(186. You shall certainly be tried and tested in your wealth and properties and in yourselves, and you shall certainly hear much that will grieve you from those who received the Scripture before you (Jews and Christians) and from those who ascribe partners to Allah; but if you persevere patiently, and have Taqwa, then verily, that will be a determining factor in all affairs.) (Surah 3, verse 186)

When you call them to guidance, they do not listen. You will see that they are looking at you, but they are seeing nothing. (Yet) hold to forgiveness, command what is right, but turn away from the ignorant. Al- Araf 198-199

#7 Maiush

Maiush

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Travelling, Sight-Seeing, Languages, Human Resources, Marketing

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this. I do understand it could be painful especially if the ones who were saying so are you close friends or family. However, please keep in my mind that it's most probably out of lack of knowledge about Islam. This is the idea they got about Islam through movies, tv shows or any other source they used to learn about Islam.So their idea is that it's a backwards cruel religion.

In addition to praying for them, I would advise you to be patient about it. Understand their fear and work on correcting their idea about Islam by being a better person, and by treating them much better than before. Try to discuss Islam and what you love about it with them. They will reject it at the beginning, but with time, they would want to know what made you choose it for a religion. If you make them curious, you may succeed in leading them to Islam and that would be wonderful. So look at the whole situation as it's more like a challenge.

I have cousins who live in the Netherlands; they were born and raised there. Their mother is Dutch and she wasn't muslim till 2 years ago. When my cousins were getting more religous, she was really scared and was worried about them very much. However, they were very patient about her reactions. They kept on treating her much better than before and always said that they're doing this as they are better muslims now. She noticed the great positive changes in their behaviours and attitudes about everything and that eventually made her curious about Islam. She started reading and learning more about it till she eventually was convinced and became a muslim in 2010. This was great news for us all, and we were very happy for her. She's a very religious muslim Masha'Allah with a strong iman now.

So you don't know what Allah has in store for you. You may help people learn more about Islam and who knows, you may even help them become muslims too :)