#1 asiyaD

asiyaD

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Islam, Science, Biology
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Assalamu alaikum,

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I thought I would throw in that the book "The Ideal Muslimah" is available free to read online.  This wonderful book is available as an ebook (& if you join the site) as a downloadable pdf on Issuu.com.  This is a fun site as it has thousands of online magazines and books to browse.  

http://issuu.com/isl...-ideal-muslimah

Asiya

#2 The Doc

The Doc

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, football, boxing, ancient history and cooking.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

It's all well and good to aspire to be best as you can or seek a role model etc- but brother and sisters need to accept that they will have shortcomings and sometimes reading too much (like this book) can have a reverse effect.

Some brothers then expect their wives to be like Aisha or Fatima and this can lead to problems (or vice versa, sisters expecting their husbands to be like Umar etc)

Just find a balance inshallah and take whatever good you can.

Edited by The Doc, 23 April 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#3 asiyaD

asiyaD

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Islam, Science, Biology

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's all well and good to aspire to be best as you can or seek a role model etc- but brother and sisters need to accept that they will have shortcomings and sometimes reading too much (like this book) can have a reverse effect.

Some brothers then expect their wives to be like Aisha or Fatima and this can lead to problems (or vice versa, sisters expecting their husbands to be like Umar etc)

Just find a balance inshallah and take whatever good you can.

This definitely can be true, sometimes one can read a book like this and feel inadequate (I have far to go before I become an "Ideal" muslimah).  But, as long as we are understanding and patient with ourselves, and seek balance in our lives,  there is a lot to be said for aspiring to better ourselves in  our faith.