Welcome to The Islamic Forum

We are pretty sure you will enjoy your stay with us here

We welcome all people from around the world, regardless of their faith system.

Our discussions cover a wide range of topics.

So, what do you want to discuss today?

Photo
- - - - -

Having Second Thoughts About Islam...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 gmcbroom

gmcbroom

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Now iamzamzam,
My friend I just want her to be honest both to herself and her parents. I'm not trying to dissuade her from her path. Just letting her know honesty is the best policy. Lying ultimately doesnt solve anything and may strain her relationship with her family. Because they'll find out either by their actions or hers. If she tells them they can get used to it. If she doesn't and they find out their feeling may be hurt and that won't help her.

#22 IAmZamzam

IAmZamzam

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

I never said anything about her parents, did I? Yes, she shouldn't lie to them, I agree. Ideally she would need a Muslim who has been in her exact position, and who has seen several varying generations go by, to advise her beyond that point. I've kind of got nothing, at least for now, except for my prayers.

Are we through here?

Edited by IAmZamzam, 26 April 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#23 gmcbroom

gmcbroom

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Actually iamzamzam, we were never an issue. But yes, I've said what I needed to say to her. Dd I wish you well and may the peace of Christ be with you. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

#24 muzur

muzur

*happy*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts
  • Interests:Sufism, books, publishing, traveling, ice-skating, knowing new people, smiling

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Salams,

Well, some non-muslim parents hate the idea of their children becoming a muslim. And they start a big fight that their children feel so down and this can impress the relationship between them in a very bad way. I even heard that some parents dismiss them from home. I know an Italian person who has to hide that she is a (practising) muslim from her family. She never explained why, but her mood while talking about this issue shows how serious the situation is. It is so easy for us to tell people to be honest and tell the truth but if the truth harms you somehow then you should keep it secret. Not everyone is open-minded, we can't ignore this.

#25 gmcbroom

gmcbroom

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I can understand that. It's true that people with strong religious traditions such as Catholics, which are taught to pass down the faith at marriage, can sometimes react badly if the child has other ideas. This is where age comes into play. At least in the Catholic Church. We're told to pass on the faith but at age 12 a child can make there own choice per the catechism. Now if the parents faith is well formed then even if they don't like it they'll have to respect it. That is the issue though. If their cafeteria Catholics ie only go on Easter and Christmas they may not know this. That is why catechesis is everything. After all, Catholics are told to spread the gospel. To be evangelical and bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

#26 infogirl

infogirl

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Comparative study of religions, Listening to Islamic Lectures
    Inspiration: Dr Zakir Naik

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

My christian friends tell me Islam is false because it was only seen by ONE person, muhammad but christianity was seen by hundreds of people. 

Hi, first be PROUD of being a MUSLIM. Please tell your Christian friends that Islam existed from Day 1 on earth and not only when Prophet Muhammed came. Islam is the religion of Moses, Jesus and all other Prophets, so they are all MUSLIMS and followers of Islam. They all came to spread the message that there is one God and He is Allah. People misunderstood Jesus as God and started a new religion named Christianity. If Christians love Jesus, they should follow what he followed and that means they should all be Muslims!!!

#27 infogirl

infogirl

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Another thing is that I am 13, since I was raised christian, I don't know how I will handle with all the pressure to bend down with my knees and pray to Allah, it seems like a very long prayer, I want to be a muslim in disguise but that cannot happen because I live with my christian family, if you have seen my other posts, I cannot wear a hijab, I cannot cover myself, I cannot do it, I tried it and it does not work... When I want to become muslim, I have to wait but I will not want to wait, then I have second thoughts going back to Christianity..

Sis, 

1. Sparing 10 minutes per prayer (50 minutes per day) is nothing hard, when we can sit 2 hours for a movie. Sacrificing 50 mins a day will save you from 10000000 years of torment in hell.

2. Fear the Creator not His Creations (your mom dad sis etc). People will mock at you for wearing Hijab or may not allow you, but please ignore them totally. Ultimately you have to answer Allah on Judgement Day.

3. Imagine you stand in front of two roads, first road is leading you to HEAVEN. You can view it from where you stand. Another road nearby is leading you to FIRE. You can see it too. Now, you can choose which one you want!!! (Having 2nd thoughts about Islam is like moving from road 1 to road 2)!!!

Thanks for reading... Hope Allah guides you...

#28 gmcbroom

gmcbroom

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

That is the Muslim claim indeed. Religion of Moses I respectfully disagree. As for people misunderstanding Jesus as God. Well that is clearly the Muslim position. Yet, to to Christians Jesus Is God. Christians preach Christ Crucified. It's not a misunderstanding it's deliberate.

#29 IAmZamzam

IAmZamzam

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

Since when were "misunderstanding" and "deliberate" mutually exclusive concepts?

Hmm, I didn't notice until now that this thread was somehow (bafflingly) a part of "Refuting non-Muslims". I can show myself out.

#30 infogirl

infogirl

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

@gmcbroom. hi, anyone agreeing or disagreeing with the religion of Prophets doesn't make the truth a lie. that is, if you disagree Moses to be a Muslim, it does not make him a Non muslim. truth is truth. Also I do agree with you that Christians see Christ as God, but your Christ sees our Allah as God.

Please dont think I am offending you or insulting your belief. I don have to prove what I tell because its not gonna change your intentions about religion and will end only in arguments, but Its my duty to tell non Muslims certain facts, and accepting what I tell is your choice. Its your freedom. At the end, I have done my duty. cheers!

Edited by infogirl, 09 May 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#31 gmcbroom

gmcbroom

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

As I have done mine. May the peace of Christ be with you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen. All I can add is that is that a fact can be proven, I think you mean truth, correct? In either case you've done your duty and I have done mine. I'm just surprised you didn't answer her question about witnesses.

#32 infogirl

infogirl

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Christ Jesus pbuh himself confirmed the coming of our Prophet. What other proof and Witness do Christians still need when their God himself is talking about our Prophet and confirming him as the last and final messenger???

Jews believe in Moses, so did he have any witness or was he foretold to prove he was truthful? People believe in him.

Did Paul ever meet or witness Jesus Christ, we can say Bible is false since Paul dint exist as a witness of Jesus at the time of Jesus(pbuh) and he wrote bible after hundreds of years. But we do believe in some parts of the INJIL (original Bible).

Every Messenger of GOD was sent only to his people. But Muhammad was the seal of all Messengers and Prophets, and he was sent to all of Mankind.

I am not harsh but sorry to say I personally don't like talking to Christians about religion and I don't want to waste my time explaining to them concepts because at the end it doesn't make any difference to them. All they say is what they think is right. So I would like to end my talk on this. Thank You...

Edited by infogirl, 09 May 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#33 muzur

muzur

*happy*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts
  • Interests:Sufism, books, publishing, traveling, ice-skating, knowing new people, smiling

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

As I have done mine. May the peace of Christ be with you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen. All I can add is that is that a fact can be proven, I think you mean truth, correct? In either case you've done your duty and I have done mine. I'm just surprised you didn't answer her question about witnesses.

Hello gmcbroom,

i respect you for being who you are, but i guess you tend to change the topic. There's no need to argue about those on this section. If you wanna discuss something, please kindly open a new thread under a proper section.

#34 gmcbroom

gmcbroom

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

I have to say that issues infogirl brings up are areas we should discuss. However, since she won't discuss them then I think I'm done speaking to her on this thread.

#35 IAmZamzam

IAmZamzam

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Do you feel this deep psychological urge to defend Paul at all times, *especially* when no one is actually saying anything about him? The thread is dead, please don't resurrect it now.