Photo

Who Is Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) -Is Jesus Our Creator?

Jesus son of God christianity religion

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 813 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

In the name of God, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Was Jesus God, a son of god , a man, a servant,or a prophet ?

This post will answer those important questions from the bible itself.

1) Was Jesus a servant ?
Yes, the Bible says that :
1 ) "Behold my servant, whom I have chosen." (Matthew 12:18)
2) "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac,.... hath glorified his servant Jesus." (Acts 3:13(RSV)
3) "For of a truth against thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou hast anointed...." ( Acts 4:27(RSV)
The exact same word "pias" is attributed to Jacob (Israel) in Luke 1:54 and translated as "servant "(( Can any father call his son "servant " . Can a servant equal his master ? .Who is supreme in rank ? Who orders who and who obeys who ? ))

2) Was Jesus a man or a son of man?
1)ye men of Israel , hear these word; Jesus of Nazareth, was a MAN approved of God among you by miracles, wonders, and signs.(Acts 2:22)
2) the son of MAN came eating and drinking. (Matthew 11:19)
3) this MAN is really the prophet. (John 7:40)
3) Now ye seek to kill me, a MAN that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God .(John 8:40 KJV)
4) “…so will the son of man be…” Matthew 12:40
5) “For the son of man is going to come…” Matthew 16:27
6) “…until they see the son of man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 28
7) “But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority…” Mark 2:10
“…because He is the son of man.” John 5:27
9) “Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.” (Acts 2:22)
10) “He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed” Acts 17:31
(( Jesus testified himself that he is " a man" why didn`t he clearly and openly say: "Now you seek to kill me, God incarnate, who has told you the truth." Is it possible that he was hiding the truth? He denied any divinity to himself .Can a man be god ? The bible says strongly : “God is not a man...nor a son of man…” Numbers 23:19 . ))

3) Was Jesus a prophet or a messenger ?
These are just some of the many Biblical verses which point out that Jesus was a prophet and a messenger of the one true God :
1) this is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth. (Matthew 21:11)
2) Jesus said, "A prophet is never accepted in his home town." (Luke 4:24)
3) I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than
the one who sent him. (John 13:16)
4) Surely this is the prophet who is to come into the word. (John 24:19)
5) "'What things?' he asked. 'About Jesus of Nazareth,' they replied. 'He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.'" (Luke 24:19)

4) Was Jesus a god or a son of god ?
Jesus never said he is a god or a son of god Let us see what Jesus himself said :
1) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak." (John 12:49)
2) I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.(John 5:30)
3) Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" ((and this was the message of all prophets sent by Allah from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them all ) "There is no God but God" and if Jesus (peace be upon him) was a god or a son of god he would declare that strongly ))
4) My father is greater than I (Jesus) (John 14:28)
5) My father, who gave them to me, is greater than all. (John 10:29)
6) What I teach is not my own teaching, but it comes from God,who sent me. (John 5:30) ((In these verses Jesus (peace be upon him) declares his complete submission and surrender to the will of our unique God and didn't impute any power or any strength to himself and that was the matter of all prophets before him ))
7) "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18) ((Jesus refused to be called "good" although we humanbeings describe ourselves "good" and this was the top of humbleness of Juses. Jesus emphatically corrects any notion that he was God; he does not like to be called even good, as genuine goodness is a quality of God alone. If Jesus were God, his words do not make sense; because, it does not befit God to humble Himself before His creatures.Then we don't believe that he claimed or accepted to be god or a son of god ))

8) No one knows, however, when that day or hour will come neither the angels in heaven, nor the son; only the Father Knows. (mark 13:32) (( If he was god he should have known the time of that day but he said the truth and that does not belittle of his rank as one of the greatest prophets that God sent to the human beings . In fact a sincere seeker of the truth should accept what Jesus says about himself and not make Him God or the equal of God!))

9) *Anyone who says something against the son of man can be forgiven, but whoever says something against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven-now or ever.(Matthew 12:32)
10) I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17) (( Then The father is the father of Jesus and all people ))
11) Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and him only.'" (Matthew 4:10)
12) "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him." (Mark 12:32)
13) "The Lord our God is Lord alone! Therefore, you shall adore the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Mark 12:29-30)

5) Was Jesus the only one who was called the son of God in the Bible ?
No,the Bible doesn't say that :
1) Adam is the son of God. (Luke 3:38)
2) Israel is my first-born son.(Exodus 4:22)
3) The Lord has said unto me, thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee." (Psalms 2:7,KJM).
,4) David is another begotten Son
*Blessed are the peacemaker, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)

((Tracing this title : son of God" in the Bible, we can find many "sons of God" and that Jesus is not the only son.It can be concluded that the Bible uses this title" son of God" figuratively to mean Righteous, pious, selected, or God-conscious.))

6) Can God be a man ?
((Can God be a man,eat as man,feel hungry ,go to toilet ,is crucified,tortured and be seen and be heard ,cry on the cross and be spit on his face and doesn't have the power to destroy his enemies and pray to his god.What god is that ?))

1) “God is not a man...nor a son of man…” (Numbers 23:19)
2) “...For I am God, and not man...” (Hosea 11:9)
3) Matthew 26:39: "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
4) in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?
5) "Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." (John 5:37)
6) "Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani (My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?)

(( Finally after discussing evidence from the Bible . In fact that God is one, NOT THREE, that
Jesus is not God or part of God, that he is not equal with God, and that He is not the son of God in the literal sense .The son of god is common in the Bible and it is not underage on Jesus only (peace be upon him )) Please be logical and be rational and don't say what Jesus (peace be upon him) didn't say about himself .He was a model in his faith and in his submission to the will of the only unique God (praise be to him ) . Saying Jesus is a god or a son of god is the biggest sin which God never forgive and Jesus himself prophesied that people would worship him uselessly and believe in doctrines made by men (Matthew 15:9). "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Jesus (peace be upon him) in this verse warns his followers from being worshippers to him .He ordered his people not to exaggerate in their love to him .

And All praise is due to God, Lord of the worlds.

#2 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Fully Human

Examine the New Testament. We see, therein, Christ, the man. If we study the accounts from his birth onwards. We cannot arrive at a picture that is different from that of a human being.

- Jesus is born as the descendent of Abraham and David (Luke 2:21).

- Jesus has brothers and sisters (Matthew 13:55).

- Jesus is circumcised (Luke 2:21).

- Jesus is breast-fed (Luke 11:27).

- Jesus takes food and drink (Matthew 11:19).

- A homeless Jesus (Matthew 8:20).

- Jesus uses clothing (John 19:23).

- The knowledge of Jesus increases with his age (Luke 21:40).

- Jesus, of his own self, can do nothing (John 5:30).

- Jesus is unaware of the time of fruition of the Fig tree (Mark 11:12).

- Jesus exercises obedience through his patience (Ebriar 5:8).

- Jesus experiences hunger (Mark 11:12).

- Jesus experiences thirst (John 19:28).

- Jesus sleeps (Matthew 8:24).

- Jesus is fatigued in a journey (John 4:6).

- Jesus sighs in anxiety (John 11:33).

- Jesus weeps (John 11:35).

- Jesus grieves (Matthew 26:37).

- Jesus exerts his strength (John 2:13).

- Jesus exhorts unto the taking up of the sword (Luke 22:36).

- Jesus fears the Jews (John 18:12,13).

- Jesus is betrayed (John 18:2).

- Jesus is captured (John 18:12,13)

- Jesus is humiliated (Matthew 26:67)

- Jesus is beaten (John 18:22)

- Jesus fears death (Mark 14:36).

- Jesus prays to God (Matthew 26:42).

- A messenger from heaven appears so that Jesus may be strengthened (Luke 22:43).

Let us now think. Is Jesus God or was he human?

Common sense answers that he is, indeed, human. A great messenger !

#3 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Titles of Jesus in Quran

As Deedat said:

Were the Muslims on the panel trying to placate the viewers out policy, deceit or diplomacy? Nothing of the kind! They were only articulating what God Almighty had commanded them to say in the Holy Quran. They had said in so many words: "We Muslims believe, that Jesus was one of the mightiest messengers of God that he was the Christ, that he was born miraculously without any male intervention (which many modern-day Christians do not believe today), that he gave life to the dead by God's permission and that he healed those born blind and the lepers by god's permission. In fact, no Muslim is a Muslim if he or she does not believe in Jesus!"

Al-Masih – “The Messiah

Kalimatullaah – “Word of God

Qawl al-haqq – “Sure word-of the truth

Ruhun minhu – “ Spirit from Him( from God)

Nabi – “Prophet

Rasul – meaning “Messenger

Isa ibn Maryam – “Jesus son of Mary” mentioned thirty three times.

Abdullah – meaning “Servant of God

Min al-muqareeabin – “Among those who are close to God

Wadjih – “Worthy of esteem " in this world and the next

Mubarak – “Blessed” as “a source of benefit for others

#4 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Jesus in the Glorious Qur'an

Jesus in the Glorious Qur'an
The Qur’an tells us a lot of wonderful things about Jesus. As a result, believers in the Qur’an love Jesus, honour him, and believe in him. In fact, no Muslim can be a Muslim unless he or she believes in Jesus, on whom be peace.

The Qur’an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that he healed the blind and the leper by God’s leave, and that he raised the dead by God’s leave.

What then is the significance of these miracles?
First, the virgin birth.
God demonstrates his power to create in every way. God created everyone we know from a man and a woman. But how about Adam, on whom be peace? God created him from neither a man nor a woman. And Eve from only a man, but not a woman. And, finally, to complete the picture, God created Jesus from a woman, but not a man.

What about the other miracles?
These were to show that Jesus was not acting on his own behalf, but that he was backed by God. The Qur’an specifies that these miracles were performed by God’s leave.
This may be compared to the Book of Acts in the Bible, chapter 2, verse 22, where it says that the miracles were done by God to show that he approved of Jesus. Also, note that Jesus himself is recorded in the Gospel of John to have said, “I can do nothing of my own authority” (5:30). The miracles, therefore, were done not by his own authority, but by God’s authority.

What did Jesus teach?

The Qur’an tells us that Jesus came to teach the same basic message which was taught by previous prophets from God—that we must shun every false god and worship only the one true God. Jesus taught that he is the servant and messenger of that one true God, the God of Abraham. These Quranic teachings can be compared with the Bible ( Mark 10:18; Matthew 26:39; John 14:28, 17:3, and 20:17) where Jesus teaches that the one he worshipped is the only true God. See also Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:13, and 4:27 where we find that his disciples knew him as Servant of God.

The Qur’an tells us that some of the Israelites rejected Jesus, and conspired to kill him, but Allah (God) rescued Jesus and raised him to Himself. Allah will cause Jesus to descend again, at which time Jesus will confirm his true teachings and everyone will believe in him as he is and as the Qur’an teaches about him.

Jesus was a man who spoke the truth which he heard from God. This can be compared with the Gospel According to John where Jesus says to the Israelites: “You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God” (John 8:40).

The Virgin Birth of Jesus

Muslims believe in the virgin birth of Jesus. When the angels announced to Mary (peace be upon her) about Allah’s promise that she will have a son, she was surprised, since she was a virgin. “How can this be?” she thought. She was reminded that it is easy for Allah to create whatever he wills.

She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is (Qur’an 3:47).

It is not difficult for Allah to do anything he wants. He can create a child with both human parents or only one. No miracle is beyond His power. After all, He had created Adam (peace be upon him) from neither a man nor a woman. He created the rest of us from both man and woman. What is so hard if Allah decides to create a human being from a woman only? He only commands “Be!” and it occurs.

Some people think that since Jesus, peace be upon him, had no human father then God must be his father. The Qur’an rejects this view. The position of Jesus with Allah is comparable to the position of Adam with Allah. Just because Adam had no human parent does not mean we should call him the Son of God.

Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. (Qur’an 3:59).

According to the Qur’an, everyone except Allah are His servants.

And they say: the Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a Son. Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing, whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall to ruins, that ye ascribe to the Beneficent a son, when it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should chose a son. There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave. (Qur’an 19:88-93)

The Miracles of Jesus

According to the Qur’an, Jesus, on whom be peace, performed the following miracles by Allah’s leave:

1. Spoke while he was only a baby.
2. Healed those born blind.
3. Healed the lepers.
4. Revived the dead.
5. Breathed life into a bird made of clay.

In the Qur’an Allah quotes Jesus, peace be upon him, as saying:

Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird by Allah’s leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah’s leave. And I announce to you what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you if you are to be believers.
And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me. Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.
(Qur’an 3: 49-51).

Again, in the Qur’an Allah tells us about the situation on the Day of Judgement:

In the day when Allah gathers together the messengers and says: What was your response (from mankind)? they say: We have no knowledge. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.
When Allah says: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto you and unto your mother; how I strengthened you with the holy Spirit, so that you spoke unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught you the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how you did shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and did blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and you did heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission
. . . (Qur’an 5:109-110)

The fact that Jesus spoke while he was yet a baby is not written anywhere in the Bible. This should not be surprising, because none of the Gospels can claim to recover every single event in the life of Jesus. Instead, the gospel According to John seeks to emphasize that the events were too many to record.

Similarly, the miracle of breathing life into a bird made of clay is not attested by the Christian Bible. This too should not make us wonder. It is obvious that the writers of the gospels could write down only the tradition that was available to them. Furthermore, they could not write down everything they knew about Jesus for they were writing on papyrus material that were very limited in length.

What is worthy to notice here is that the Prophet Muhammad, may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him, was honest enough to promulgate this information about Jesus.
The religion taught by God through Muhammad would deny the divinity of Jesus. Any human being, therefore, who wished to deny the divinity of Jesus would have tried to belittle Jesus. Since Christians looked upon the miracles of Jesus as a proof of his divinity, we might expect that any human being who tries to deny the divinity of Jesus would not have informed people of miracles not previously known to them. He might have even tried to deny some of the miracles recorded in the canonical gospels. On the other hand, the prophet Muhammad honestly conveyed the message delivered to him from Allah. (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.)

Allah tells us the truth without fear. Human beings trying to win followers tell us only what is conducive to winning us over. They usually withhold information that could lead to opposite conclusions. On the other hand, Allah informs us about the miracles of Jesus even if people use this information to support their prior commitment to the doctrine of the divinity of Jesus. Allah does not need to win worshippers. Those who worship Allah does so for their own good. And those who worship false gods do so to their own detriment.

What Allah emphasizes, though, is that the miracles of Jesus do not prove he was divine. The miracles he performed were a sign, a proof, that he was God’s messenger. He performed them with God’s help and permission. Those who use his miracles as proof of his divinity would choose to forget the following sayings of Jesus:

I can of my own authority do nothing. (John 5:30)

They also forget the declaration of Peter:

Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves know. (Acts 2:22 KJV).

These passages suggest that Jesus did not do miracles on his own. These, rather were accomplished by God’s leave. Allah reminds us of this. Jesus also constantly repeated to his audience that the miracles he performed were by God’s leave.

Related topic:
EISA (JESUS) PBUH in the QURAN

#5 IAmZamzam

IAmZamzam

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

As [Jesus] was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; You shall not defraud; Honour your father and mother.’” (Mark 10:17-19, New Revised Standard Version)

This is as plain a denial of divinity as there could ever be. So what can a Trinitarian do in this situation? Engage in a reaction formation, of course. Convince themselves that if anything the passage confirms his divinity. As John Wesley’s commentary put it, “Whom thou supposest to be only a man. There is none good—Supremely, originally, essentially, but God.” This simply does. Not. Work! The man had come up to Jesus a second before and asked a quick, simple, direct question—and he receives a quick, simple and direct denial in turn. There was no reason whatever to be informed that Jesus was God, or that he was good, right out of the blue. That would be awfully random and unmotivated. But if on the other hand you assume the plain sense of the words, that Jesus was modestly replying to a question about a good deed with, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only One entity who is good [and it is God, and I am certainly not Him]”—then and only then does the response make sense.

And if you still don’t believe me then let’s plug in an equivalent scenario. Suppose you were to see someone run up to a legendary judo instructor and say to him, “Good sensei, tell me: what do I have to do to make my technique fine enough so that I can get into the big, luxurious judo club on the other side of the mountains?” and he replies, “Why are you calling me good? There is only one red belt at any given time. You know the precepts of judo: just keep to those and you can’t go wrong.” You wouldn’t run up to the instructor as well and say, “Hey, I never knew you were the red belt! Could I have your autograph?” You would understand immediately what he meant. There wouldn’t be a doubt in your mind.

“I told them only what You commanded me to: ‘Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.’ I was a witness over them during my time among them.” (Qur’an 5:117, Haleem)

#6 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Son of God !

The Christian belief that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is the son of Allah (Allah is beyond this), is a grave error.

9_30.png
Sahih International

The Jews say, "Uzayr is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. Allah fights them!; how are they deluded?

The monotheistic belief changed following the Prophet Jesus’ (pbuh) ascension into heaven and as Christianity spread into the pagan world, and the monotheistic belief that represented the basis of the law of the Prophet Moses (pbuh) underwent a major alteration. Prophet Jesus (pbuh) began to be regarded as divine (surely Allah is beyond that). The Christians in question began claiming that Almighty Allah appeared in the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) as a human body, and this belief spread widely.

Led and supported by Constantine, the Roman emperor of the time, various people who wanted to alter Christian belief took passages from the bible that mentioned “the son of God” and began using these as supposed evidence.

The authors of the bible used to use the word “son” to mean servant of Allah, and not that the person is in fact the son of Allah (surely He is beyond that). This false and exceedingly dangerous belief that was made part of Christianity subsequently and was intended to destroy monotheistic belief gradually became the most important article of faith and precondition of Christianity, and those who rejected it were regarded as people who had abandoned the faith. Efforts were made, under the leadership of priests who espoused the trinity, to impose this mistaken belief on society by the use of force and pressure, and it was made part of Christianity by force. Anyone opposing belief in the trinity faced severe sanctions, and might be exiled or even killed.

The belief in the trinity that was subsequently included in Christianity, or the belief of the three in one as some Christians put it, appears nowhere in the Torah or the Gospels.
Belief in the trinity, which grew as a superstition in this climate of duress and oppression, and the resulting description of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) as the son of God, is a grave danger and serious error that some Christians are living alongside even today. In the Qur’an, Almighty Allah describes this claim as a monstrous thing and sets out the scale of the danger as follows:

They say, ‘The All-Merciful has a son.’

They have devised a monstrous thing.

The heavens are all but rent apart and the earth split open and the mountains brought crashing down,

at their ascription of a son to the All-Merciful!

It is not fitting for the All-Merciful to have a son.

There is no one in the heavens and earth who will not come to the All-Merciful as a slave. (Surah Maryam 88-93)

Genuine Christians must see this terrible danger. They must realize that the belief in the trinity that was added to the Gospels hundreds of years later and despotically imposed despite all resistance in a terrible climate of corruption is in fact in total conflict with the Gospels.

Of course the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is a beloved servant of Allah, but he is still a human being, who becomes hungry and eats, drinks water, rests when tired, who sleeps and who has needs, like all created entities. It is a fact that this is set out in a great many passages in the Gospels.
In the same way, Allah has revealed in the Qur’an that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is a human being, tested and with needs, like everyone else:

The Messiah, the son of Mary, was only a Messenger, before whom other Messengers came and went. His mother was a woman of truth. Both of them ate food. See how We make the signs clear to them! Then see how they are perverted! (Surat al-Ma’ida, 75)

Devout Christians must behave honestly on this subject and realize that to ascribe divinity to a human being is a violation of the law of Allah, the Christianity brought by the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) and of the pronouncements in the Gospels and the Torah, as well as of reason and logic. They must admit the possibility that such a belief, added on to the true revelation hundreds of years later, may represent a serious danger and reflect deeply upon it. What can be the possible meaning or use in trying to ascribe the sublime attributes of Allah to a human being and to regard a human being as divine? Almighty Allah certainly has no need of that (surely Allah is beyond that). Such an idea SIGNIFIES A FAILURE TO PROPERLY APPRECIATE ALLAH’S MIGHT AND GREATNESS.

Above and beyond this, Christians themselves must reject the idea of Almighty Allah appearing on earth in the form of a human being. This is disrespect for the glory of Almighty Allah. Allah’s might, greatness, glory, might and infinite power are a blessing for Christians. Is it better to believe in an all-powerful Allah or to take as one’s god a human being who sleeps, eats and has needs? All Christians will of course at once see the answer to this. Allah has no need to appear on Earth as a mortal and needy entity in order to reveal His sublime Presence to human beings. (Surely Allah is beyond that.) Our Christian brothers must consider the Gospels rationally and evaluate all these things in a manner compatible with the glory of Allah.

The fact that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) has human characteristics is not, of course, a state of affairs that will in any way reduce his value as a prophet. Jesus (pbuh) is a greatly valued and most holy prophet of our Almighty Lord. Like all other prophets, he occupies the loftiest and holiest position in Allah’s Sight. He is Allah’s great prophet.

The important thing is to believe in Allah – our One and only Creator. Allah wants people to believe in and serve Him, without engaging in idolatry. There is no need for Allah to appear on Earth in human form for people to be able to serve Him. If our Christian brothers wish to approach this subject from a genuinely honest perspective they should ask themselves this question:

How could it be possible to appreciate the sublime qualities of Allah by imagining that He manifested His Presence in a mortal, weak and needy human being who sleeps and eats? Of course, it could not.

Some Christians maintain that Allah’s manifesting Himself as God in a human being (may He forbid) is a means whereby people can reach, draw closer to and pray to Him. But this stems from a failure to properly appreciate Allah’s greatness and might. Almighty Allah has no needs for instruments for the human beings He creates to reach Him.

,“We are nearer to him than his JUGULAR VEIN (Surah Qaf, 16).

Almighty Allah also knows everything inside us, everything we kept hidden within us. Allah is He Who knows the most secret things. He sees and hears all our thoughts, intentions and desires at every single moment. Nothing is hidden from Allah. Allah states this in the Qur’an, "... I see what you make known and what you hide." (Surat al-Baqara, 33)

It is therefore sufficient to pray with sincerity to make contact with Allah. Wherever one may be, Allah will hear and see one and will heed that prayer as He sees fit. Allah enfolds all things and all places. He is with us at every moment. Therefore, the Christian claim in question – that Allah draws close to people by manifesting Himself in the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) – is a serious error stemming from a failure to properly appreciate His might.

We have our Lord Who creates all things and rules over all things and all places. By Allah's leave, the return to Earth of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is close at hand. The prophet Jesus (pubuh) will return to earth and all Christians will love and embrace him. What need is there for ostensible accounts when everything is in Christians’ favor? What can describing Allah as a human being add to Christianity? On the contrary, Allah describes this ascription as follows in the Qur’an, “The heavens are all but rent apart and the earth split open and the mountains brought crashing down.” (Surah Maryam, 90)

Christians must look at matters rationally and adopt a conception of religion that befits the infinite might of Allah. They must see the invalidity of this ideas that have been imposed on societies through duress and pressure and that are incompatible with the glory of Allah. Allah has no need for a son or to create an instrument by which to communicate with human beings (surely Allah is beyond that). Allah stands between a person and his heart, and is closer to him than his own jugular vein.

Sincere Christians must properly appreciate the glory of Allah and know that Allah will not permit such illogical and unnecessary conceptions.

#7 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Jesus, The avatar ?

The trinitarian belief system which holds that Jesus was the real God Almighty who incarnated into a human body and thus taking on 100% human nature while retaining 100% divine substance, was and always the most notorious point at issue between Christianity and Islam.

Amazing it may seem, as christians love to tell us that God incarnated into a man in order to show God’s love to human and to save them from hell (1), but this, to muslim ears, are out of touch the true Semitic concept of deity and does sound intuitively wrong. God, the ultimate reality of all being, surely must be always be singular, unseen and undivided deity without any imagery (2).

From the muslim viewpoint who see themselves as the true heirs of semitic monotheism, this desemiticising of God into a concept more like Sanskrit Avatara resulted in dire consequences.

The Quran stated:

مَّا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلَّا رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ

‘The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers the like of whom had passed away before him… (Surat al-Ma’ida, 75)

قُلْ يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لَا تَغْلُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ غَيْرَ الْحَقِّ وَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا أَهْوَاءَ قَوْمٍ قَدْ ضَلُّوا مِن قَبْلُ

O people of the Book – Do not exaggerate in your religion other than the truth, and follow not the vain desires of a people who went astray before you.’ (Surat al-Ma’ida, 77)

The Qur’anic term for ‘exaggeration’ used here, ghuluw غلو, became a standard term in Muslim heresiography for any tendency, Muslim or otherwise, which attributed divinity to a revered and charismatic figure (3).

On the Question about God who incarnate into a man

According to christian belief :

God, as creator, to whom all things are possible, can, if He wishes, join a human nature to himself. The resulting person would be fully human and also fully divine.(4)

This is the crux where Islam (and also Judaism) disagree. Islamic scholars provide a clear demarkation that although God posses absolute power (Al Qudraatu القدرة) to do all things (5), but he cannot do things that are logically impossible (Maa yastahiilu haqillahu ta’ala ما يستحيل في حق الله تعالى). In other words the fact that God possesses ultimate power does not mean that God will perform something which does not have the possibility of actualization (6):

• God cannot create a two dimensional shape that is both square and round.
  • God cannot create a man who is both married and a bachelor.
  • God cannot add a human nature on to his divine nature, and the resulting person be both human and divine which is logically impossible.

Of course God could enter into a human body. He could even share consciousness with a human person inside a human body. But these beings would never be ‘fully’ divine and ‘fully’ human, but some kind of mixture. Because if God become a man and God become 100% it mean God become equals with man (and share human weakness such as wrongful, dependent on others which is impossible for God (7).

incarnation-of-god.jpg?w=700

Jesus christ as the shaktyavesha avatara an empowered god incarnate in modern hinduism.

Trinitarian would normally say that muslims try to keep God in a very small box, and limits Him to abilities that only the finite mind can comprehend. However this argument put the idea of God outside the realm of the logicality and deviates into unintelligible, meaningless philosophical speculation if not a logical fallacy.

Using jewish scriptures, trinitarians are keen to point to the burning bush which Moses encountered at Horeb (Exodus 3:1-4) and the cloud covers the tabernacle (Exodus 40:34) to show that God can manifested in many forms,and surely God can also incarnate into man. But the jews believe those manifestation were the works of God’s agent: the angels (throughout jewish scripture, visions of God are accompanied by the sighting of angels). The jewish interpretation are more in line with semitic monotheism that the Angel(s) of the Lord who was commissioned to speak God’s words throughout the Scriptures. Sometime He is called “Lord” on behalf of conveying God’s message to Prophets of God Nabī Āllah نبي الله, but the Angel of the Lord is not God incarnate as trinitarians insist.

But even if for argument sake, it was really God who manifested in various incarnation forms in the jewish Bible, why do not trinitarians maintain the same relationship between Jesus and God as the relationship between God and the burning bush or between God and the tabernacle cloud etc. Why trinitarian theologian limit only three members of godhead instead of five (- add the bush and the cloud )?.

If anything, trinitarian concept of God becoming a man mixes semitic monotheism and paganism. To worship YHWH through “human nature” for it breaks away with biblical principles that God is not a man (8) and we should not put trust in “son of man” in which there is no salvation (9).

Allah knows best.
Notes:

Catechism: The Son of God Became Man
The essence of Judaism: Unity of God
Sh. Abdal Hakim Murad’s The Trinity: a Muslim Perspective
I take the stance by the adherence of calvinists “classical” orthodoxy like the apologist James White in his debate with brother Abdullah Kunde on the topic “Can God become man“
إِنَّ اللّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ “Allah has the perfect Power over all things” [Q 2:109]
Medieval Sunni theologian Abu Ishaq al-Isfara’ini recorded this narration in his Islamic jurisprudence: (my own translation)
رُوي أن سيدنا إدريس عليه الصلاة والسلام جاءه مرة إبليس في صورة إنسان وكان سيدنا إدريس يخيط وفي كل دخلة وخرجة يقول سبحان الله والحمد لله، فجاءه إبليس اللعين بقشرة وقال له: الله تعالى يقدر أن يجعل الدنيا في هذه القشرة؟
فقال له سيدنا إدريس: الله تعالى قادر أن يجعل الدنيا في سَمّ هذه الإبرة أي ثقبها، ونخس بالإبرة في إحدى عينيه وجعله أعور
“Narrated that prophet Idris peace be upon him received Satan as visitor in the form of man at that time when prophet Idris is sewing (his clothes) while he is praising Allah. Satan ask whether God with His power is able to put the world in the (egg) shell.
Prophet Idris replied : ” God is able to put the world into this needle hole” while at the same time he puncture one of the man eye so he then became one-eyed.

<>
Islamic theologians call this impossibility of God’s attribute as Mumatsalatu Lil Hawadits (مماثلة للحوادث) means “Equals with God Creations”.
“Lo eesh El“– לֹ֣א אִ֥ישׁ אֵל֙ “God is not a man” that He should be deceitful, not a “son of man” that He should relent » Numbers 23:19 . It is argued that the verse can not be used as an argument against the Incarnation (Richard Zetter one the contributor of this blog has written about this ), I would argue this is still the case. If anything, it is the acquired human nature after the incarnation that oddly makes god-man a 100% human. To be a human in fulness he has to have the shortcomings of change his mind or lying . Worshipping a hybrid but unseparated god-man constitutes worshipping a human and that is certainly something guilty of idolatry.

אַל־תִּבְטְח֥וּ בִנְדִיבִ֑ים בְּבֶן־אָדָ֓ם ׀ שֶׁ֤אֵֽין ל֥וֹ תְשׁוּעָֽה

Put not your trust in the great, in son of man who cannot save.

[Ps 146:3]

Interestingly the very root of hebrew word teshuah תְּשׁוּעָה used in that verse means salvation. It does seem to me that this verse prophesies a danger of worshipping the “son of man” ben Adam בֶן־אָדָ֓ם a man mistakenly thought as god incarnate thus a warning for believing in false salvation.

https://bloggingtheo...-god-incarnate/

#8 Tunisia

Tunisia

Happily married :)

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

only three members of godhead instead of five (- add the bush and the cloud )?.

Because God is love and three is perfection when it comes to displaying love. Like how can Allah demonstrate his love for you, not possible. Because with Allah love as an attribute is just a word without substance.

Btw you're wrong on Ps 146:3 too.

Edited by Tunisia, 22 January 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#9 jawediqbal

jawediqbal

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:30 AM

Good Knowledge.
Very exciting info! Best!

#10 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

Good Knowledge.
Very exciting info! Best![/size]

If you're referring to the op, and you don't let the truth cloud your judgement then I guess it could be considered exciting info. The article comes across as very biased to me, and some of the "facts" are inaccurate... By a mile :)

#11 gentle giant

gentle giant

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:appologetics

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Muslims ask, “How could Allah, being one, have a Son?” Misunderstanding the Trinity, they sometimes charge Christians with worshiping three gods. However, Christians believe that only one true God exists. 

Jesus Himself upheld monotheism. When asked for the greatest command, Jesus responded, “. . . The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” (Mark 12:29-30).

Jesus taught that God is one, and Jesus taught that He was one with God (John 10:30). In response, the Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus because they thought He was guilty of blasphemy. Similarly, Muslims would say a man claiming to be God would be guilty of “shirk.” However, Jesus is not a mere man claiming to be God. He is the Son of God in human flesh (John 10:36-38).

The title “Son of God” does not mean Jesus was literally born from God. The Bible does not teach a physical relationship between God and Mary, as Muslims sometimes charge. At the birth of Jesus, the angel told the virgin Mary: 

“. . . ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. . . . of his kingdom there will be no end.’ And Mary said to the angel, ‘How will this be, since I am a virgin?’ And the angel answered her, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God’” (Luke 1:30-35).

Pastor John MacArthur explains these verses: “Since a son bears his father’s qualities, calling a person someone else’s ‘son’ was a way of signifying equality. Here the angel was telling Mary that her Son would be equal to the Most High God” (The MacArthur Study Bible). 

Man’s testimony that Jesus is God’s Son
When people witnessed Jesus’ miracles, teaching, death, resurrection, and ascension to heaven, many believed Jesus is the Son of God. 

• Followers of Jesus testified after He calmed a storm: “And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God’” (Matthew 14:32-33).

• Peter testified: “Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, ‘Who do people say that the Son of Man is?’ And they said, ‘Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ He said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ Simon Peter replied, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ And Jesus answered him, ‘Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven’” (Matthew 16:13-17). 

• A woman, whose brother Jesus raised to life, testified: “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?’ She said to him, ‘Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world’” (John 11:25-27). 

• Even the demons know Jesus is the Son of God: “Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, ‘You are the Son of God’” (Mark 3:11). 

• A military officer and soldiers who were guarding Jesus at His death on the cross testified: “When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, ‘Truly this was the Son of God!’” (Matthew 27:54). 

• Thomas testified after Jesus rose from the dead: “Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, ‘We have seen the Lord.’ But he said to them, ‘Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.’ Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, ‘Peace be with you.’ Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.’ Thomas answered him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Jesus said to him, ‘Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’ Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name” (John 20:24-31). 

Jesus’ own testimony that He is God’s Son
• “This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill [Jesus], because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. So Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life’” (John 5:18-24). 

• At Jesus’ trial, He testified: “. . . Again the high priest asked him, ‘Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?’ And Jesus said, ‘I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven’" (Mark 14:61-62). 

• “We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:20). 

God’s testimony that Jesus is His Son
• God spoke at Jesus’ baptism: “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17). 

• “While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. A voice came from the cloud, saying, ‘This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him’” (Luke 9:34-35). 

• “If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, for this is the testimony of God that he has borne concerning his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:9-13). 

• Previously, God had spoken to man through His prophets, but then He sent His own Son: “In the past God spoke to our forefathers by the prophets at many times and in various ways. But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son whom He has appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven” (Hebrews 1:1-3).

Jesus is the “exact representation” of God. Although one with His Father in essence, Jesus is also distinct in Person as God’s Son. God has revealed Himself as one God manifest in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. 

Even before the world began, Jesus was always with God and was God (John 1:1-217:5). God created all things in the universe through Jesus (John 1:3Colossians 1:15-20).

Although eternally one with God, Jesus came to earth in the form of man (Philippians 2:5-11). Born to the virgin Mary, Jesus is fully God and fully man at the same time (the incarnation: Matthew 1:22-23John 1:14Romans 1:3-4Colossians 2:91 John 4:1-35:20). 

Believe in the Son of God
We must believe God’s Word that Jesus is God’s Son, even though it’s hard to understand. We will die with many hard questions unanswered. But we dare not die without responding to God's promise of judgment and salvation through His Son (John 3:35-365:25-29Acts 10:38-4317:30-311 John 4:14-15). 

As the perfect Son of God, Jesus didn’t deserve the punishment for sin, death (Romans 6:23). But by dying on the cross and rising from the dead, Jesus paid the penalty of sin and broke the power of sin for those who would be in Him (Romans 8:1-3). 

God is calling sinners to turn from their own way to follow the living Lord Jesus in repentance and faith (Luke 24:46-47). We cannot save ourselves. Only those who turn from sin and trust in the Son of God are saved from sin and eternal death.

“God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God” (John 3:16-18).

#12 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

Because God is love and three is perfection when it comes to displaying love. Like how can Allah demonstrate his love for you, not possible. Because with Allah love as an attribute is just a word without substance.

Btw you're wrong on Ps 146:3 too.

Salam,

I just wonder, from Christian point of view, did god display his love in this specific way (incarnation) to mankind, only?, or all other creations he created himself? including angles, beasts with multi-heads, Satans, donkeys, sharks.....etc?

I mean if he didn't show his love to angles by being one of them; does it mean he doesn't like them?!!

one more question, he wasn't a man neither before or after his mission on earth, for example Adam, Eve, Noah, Abraham.....etc. never see, feel, talk or know about the man-god love, does it mean he didn't love them?

#13 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Salam,
I just wonder, from Christian point of view, did god display his love in this specific way (incarnation) to mankind, only?, or all other creations he created himself? including angles, beasts with multi-heads, Satans, donkeys, sharks.....etc?
I mean if he didn't show his love to angles by being one of them; does it mean he doesn't like them?!!

one more question, he wasn't a man neither before or after his mission on earth, for example Adam, Eve, Noah, Abraham.....etc. never see, feel, talk or know about the man-god love, does it mean he didn't love them?

God creates everything out of His LOVE, His divine LOVE is the driving force behind everything. If God creates out of love then why would would God be selective in that love? What you should wonder is do all sentient created beings have the ability, understanding or need to love or be loved? So your analogy of sharks, donkeys etc I'm not sure is relevant.

Why the trinity reveals Gods perfect love is as simple as it is beautiful. IMHO. Is three is the requirement for love to exist, God does not need anything, He would exist regardless of creation, God is sufficient unto Himself, if God is indeed love, and the Bible says He is.. Then God exists in eternal community of love, yet, love cannot exist in a unitary being because love if it is to grow and thrive has to have something to share that love and that shared love has something to reflect it. It exists in eternal harmony, giving receiving and growing outward through Father to Son to Spirit. How does a unitary being exist outside of creation if love is an attribute? A unitary being, in order to demonstrate the attribute of love would have to create something to share that love. The creator is then dependant on creation in order to demonstrate His divine love. The Bible says God is not dependant on anything. Gods love is unchanging and unconditional what makes you think that Adam, Eve, Noah and Abraham never knew or experienced Gods love first hand? Abraham knew Jesus, Jesus Himself said mankind would rejoice as Abraham did when he saw His day. We don't need to see, feel or talk to know Gods love, it's an intrinsic part of our being, we are a reflection of it. Our desire for family husband and wife share love and their love is reflected in their children. Where does that come from? This need in us if not from God our father?

If you look at love, if it's not shared it becomes twisted and ultimately selfish if it cannot share it cannot grow. Love between two beings is limited and can becomes obsessive and cannot grow but stagnates. God's love is divine and perfect it exists in eternity, sufficient unto itself growing outward into the world. The greatest act of agape Love God has shown to mankind is demonstrated in the death and resurrection of the Christ.

Much love and blessings :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jesus, son of God, christianity, religion