3 replies to this topic

#1 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Jesus believed in one God

Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD. (Mark 12:29)

Islam: And your Ilah (god) is one Ilah (god - Allah), La ilaha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.  (Holy Quran 2:163)

Christians today: 

pope_worship2.jpg?w=450

mary%20worship.jpg

Jesus was circumcised 

On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived. (Luke 2:21)

islam: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic region, clipping the nails and cutting the moustaches short."  (Bukhari Book 72 Hadith 777)

World Health Organisation Statistic Map showing the areas of circumcision,as can be seen Muslim populated countries are circumcised the most. 

Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalen

Jesus fasted for more than a month

For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry. (Matthew 4:2). 

Islam: Muslims are required every year to fast during the month of Ramadan - Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (Between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (Should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful. (Holy Quran 2:185). 

Jesus used the peace be with you greeting

Luke 24:36, 

Islam: Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessing be upon him) observed: You shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith) and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another. Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to (the practice of paying salutation to one another by saying) as-salamu alaikum. (Sahih Muslim Book1, Hadith 96) 

Jesus promoted modesty

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (Matthew 5:28)

Islam: tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.  (Holy Quran 24:30)

Jesus prayed like a Muslim

He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." (Matthew 26:39)

Islam: n00021501-b.jpg

Many other examples which other members may share!

Jesus never called himself a Christian yet those people who call themselves Christians say they are followers of Jesus. Like many things in Christianity, the world Christian was invented after Jesus left the people. Jesus was a Muslim. A Muslim is one who submits themselves to God, Islam is the religion of submission to God. Jesus worshipped the same God Muslims worship. Islam is not a religion that was introduced by the prophet Muhammad pbuh but rather he was the final prophet to come and complete the religion. The quran emphasises the belief in all the prophets as they were all one of the same faith, in submission to their Creator, Allah. 

Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)." (The Holy Quran 2:136)

#2 Tunisia

Tunisia

Happily married :)

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

Jesus believed in one God

Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD. (Mark 12:29)

Islam: And your Ilah (god) is one Ilah (god - Allah), La ilaha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.  (Holy Quran 2:163)

Christians today: 

Christians worship the ONE true God the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Your photo implies Christians worship the pope!!! For goodness sake for a start a large number of Christians don't even follow the Pope. It may surprise you, but not all Christians are Catholic and even Catholics don't worship the pope.

Jesus was circumcised 

On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived. (Luke 2:21)

Islam: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic region, clipping the nails and cutting the moustaches short."  (Bukhari Book 72 Hadith 777)

World Health Organisation Statistic Map showing the areas of circumcision,as can be seen Muslim populated countries are circumcised the most. 

Jesus was circumcised because He was a Jew and as such under the covenant of Abraham, of which circumcision on the EIGHTH day. Unless you adhere to the EIGHTH day rules as the Jews do you are not following Jesus in this matter. Gentiles (non Jews.. CHristians) were not under the Abrahmic covenant, but were grafted through faith in the Christ. Being circumcised by the heart not the physical flesh.

Jesus fasted for more than a month

Jesus fasted for forty days and forty NIGHTs. This is beyond human capabilities. Muslims only fast for the hours between sunrise and sunset. Not as Jesus fasted. When Christians fast they do not break their fast at sunset, nor do they make a show of fasting as it is meant to be a private thing between oneself and God.

For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry. (Matthew 4:2). 

Islam: Muslims are required every year to fast during the month of Ramadan - Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (Between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (Should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful. (Holy Quran 2:185). [/size]

Jesus used the peace be with you greeting

Luke 24:36, 

Islam: Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessing be upon him) observed: You shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith) and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another. Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to (the practice of paying salutation to one another by saying) as-salamu alaikum. (Sahih Muslim Book1, Hadith 96) 

This greeting was normal in that part of the world at that time. Christians in the Middle East also use this form of greeting. Christians in other parts of the world may use God bless you or something similar. Your comparison is meaningless.

Jesus promoted modesty

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (Matthew 5:28)

Islam: tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.  (Holy Quran 24:30)[/size]

True, Christian do dress modestly, maybe you see all non Muslims dressing immodestly must be Christian. Not necessarily so. Again your comparison is meaningless. Jesus taught that men and women should marry and cleave to one another. He did not condone polygamy. Muslims are allowed to practice polygamy.

Jesus prayed like a Muslim[/size]

He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." (Matthew 26:39)

Islam: 

Many other examples which other members may share!

Jesus prayed in many different positions and never told His disciples to pray in any one position. Which is not as important as the position of their heart and the state of sincerity in which prayers to God are given. Jesus taught His disciples to start their prayer by addressing God as "Our Father" whereas Allah is father to none.

Jesus never called himself a Christian yet those people who call themselves Christians say they are followers of Jesus. Like many things in Christianity, the world Christian was invented after Jesus left the people. Jesus was a Muslim. A Muslim is one who submits themselves to God, Islam is the religion of submission to God. Jesus worshipped the same God Muslims worship. Islam is not a religion that was introduced by the prophet Muhammad pbuh but rather he was the final prophet to come and complete the religion. The quran emphasises the belief in all the prophets as they were all one of the same faith, in submission to their Creator, Allah. 

Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)." (The Holy Quran 2:136)

The first followers of Jesus were known as followers of the Way, because Jesus is THE WAY. The title Christian was applied many years later to followers by Romans during the persecution. Jesus was never a Muslim, if He were He would have taught Islam, He did not.. Apart from worship the One God.. Which we do. Jesus never referred to God as Allah, but called God Father. Jesus was a Jew, He submitted to God as the Jews do, and Christians also submit to God as Jesus taught us to. The Bible prophets never taught a "religion" God is not religion. The Jews sought a relationship with God, Jesus showed how that relationship was possible. Jesus fulfilled the OT which had nothing to do with Islam. You look for similarities.. And I can understand that. When you find them, no matter how slight they may be you seize upon them and claim them as some kind of proof and validation of Islam. However, you will find just as many differences that are hard to reconcile in the previous scriptures with the Qur'an. If you look honestly. The one sure thing in common is the worship of the One true God, that this God is named as Allah in Islam is no big deal, as I would expect a religion founded in Arabia would use an Arabic word to name God. There is no proof that the Biblical prophets ever called God by the name Allah, indeed why would they, they did not speak Arabic.

Do you think it's more productive and makes for greater peaceful coexistence to look to the things we have in common in our respective religions? Rather than seek division.. I believe living in peace and harmony with ones neighbour is more pleasing to God.

Peace to you

#3 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 794 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

How Paul’s personal problem became Corner Stone of Christianity!

when the commandment came, sin sprang to life, and I died. And the commandment which was meant to bring life, in my case brought death.” – Paul

By Question Mark

Introduction

God revealed Laws of the Old Testament (OT) so that its followers could live a successful life in every respect! Over centuries, OT prophets and their followers held high esteem about the benefits of the Laws.

However, later, after the ascension of Jesus (peace be upon him), Paul promulgated entirely different concepts about Law. It now had little or no positive providence but a lot of negative implications.

Nevertheless, Paul by purporting so breached a lot of divinely revealed verses of the OT. The sad part does not end here – the violations (of OT Laws and verses) became corner stone of Christianity!

Thus, it is our intent to bring to light the breaches and request sincere Christians to reconsider whom and what they are following.

Pauline Theology: Laws engender Sins

If one visits the various “epistles” which Paul has written, he will observe that Paul had little or no consideration for the benefits of the Laws:

“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.” (Gal 3:21-22, King James Version, e-Sword)

In fact Paul unabashedly claims that sins are nourished because of the God-breathed-Laws so much so that without Laws sins are a dead thing (!):

“Death gets its power to hurt from sin, and sin gets its power from the Law. But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!” (1 Corinthians 15: 56-57)

“For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.” (Rom 4:14-15. King James Version, e-Sword)

“If the Law not said, “Do not desire what belongs to someone else,” I wouldnot have known such a desire. But by means of that commandment sin found its chance to stir up all kinds of selfish desires in me. Apart from law, sin is a dead thing.” (Romans 7:7-8)

Furthermore, Paul goes out of the way to ironically and absurdly claim that the only reason why God revealed Laws so that “sins would increase” (!):

“Law was introduced in order to increase wrongdoing; but where sin increased, God’s grace increased much more.” (Romans 5:20)

It is not hard to realize that Paul considered divine Laws to be the very cause of sins amongst humanity. In fact he attributes the functions of Satan upon God’s Laws by (i) claiming that sinful desires are incited by God’s divine Laws (ii) Humans are exposed to the knowledge and temptations of sins but because of Laws (otherwise humans would never have known sins). Consider the following Pauline verses:

“For when we lived according to our human nature, the sinful desires stirred up by the Law were at work in our bodies, and all we did ended in death.” (Romans 7:5)

“Shall we say, then, that the Law itself is sinful? Of course not! But it was the Law that made me know what sin is. If the Law had not said, “Do not desire what belongs to someone else,” I would not have known such a desire.” (Romans 7:7)

Psalmist: OT Laws give success and salvation!

However, contrary to Paul’s utter low opinion and incrimination of the OT Laws; OT prophets reasoned that humans can keep away from sins only by following the Laws:

“How can a young man keep his life pure? By obeying your commands. With all my heart I try to serve you; keep me from disobeying your commandments. I keep your law in my heart, so that I will not sin against you…I will repeat aloud all the Laws you have given. I delight in following your commands more than in having great wealth. I study your instructions; I examine your teachings. I take pleasure in your Laws; your commands I will not forget.” (Psalms 119:9-16)

Notice the rationales of the Psalmist. For him, human can keep their life sin-free only by obeying and practicing the Laws. This is in stark contradiction to the Pauline teaching wherein Paul taught that (A.) sinful desires are stirred up by Laws and (B.) humans knew sins but because of the God-Breathed-Laws!?

Furthermore, why would the Psalmist find “delight” in obeying the Laws if it werestirring up sins in him? Was he morally less or was Paul more God fearing (than the Psalmist)? Did not the Psalmist know that Laws stir up sinful desires and therefore, he should not find “delight” in obeying the Laws? Or, was Paul misunderstanding the attributes of Laws?

In fact the Psalmist wanted to save the Laws in his heart – the same place where sins were stirred in Paul:

“Your teachings are wonderful; I obey them with all my heart. The explanation of your teachings gives light and brings wisdom to the ignorant. In my desire for your commands I pant with open mouth…Save me from those who oppress me, so that I may obey your commands. Bless me with your presence and teach me your laws. My tears pour down like a river, because people do not obey your law.” (Psalms 119:129-136)

Notice the longing which the Psalmist has for the Laws. He is panting with open mouth and crying to follow the Laws. If Laws were revealed to “increase wrongdoing” then why was this Psalmist panting and crying to follow such Laws? Moreover, why does he want to obey them with all his heart? Who is compelling him to follow that which stir up “evil desires” and where revealed only to “increase wrong doings”?

The answer to all such queries are simple, either of the one – Psalmist or Paul misunderstood the purpose and qualities of the Laws. And in such a situation it is better to bank on the Psalmist who was God’s personally chosen messenger! Moreover, his views are multiply attested by other God’s prophets like Ezekiel, Nehemiah etc. Whereas, on the other hand, we have contemporaries of Paul contravening him!

In fact a closer look at Paul’s reasoning clarify that he had personal problems with the OT Laws and not that Laws were “sin inciting” per se as he claimed:

“I myself was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life, and I died. And the commandment which was meant to bring life, in my case brought death”. (Romans 7:9-10)

We saw the providential capacities of the Laws with OT prophets – it was life and salvation giving to them (c.f. Ezekiel 20:11, 33:14-15), however, in Paul’s personal case, “…in my case…” Laws were working backwards.

Conclusion
With the foregoing factual qualification, is it justified to reject and sneer at God’s divinely revealed Laws, multiply attested by numerous OT prophets; for the personal problems of an individual mortal (Paul)?

Before discarding the Laws as a whole, sincere Christians need to rethink:

There are God’s divine Laws which were all providential to sincere and purportedly strictest monotheists and they testified towards it so much so that they wanted to follow it with panting mouth and tears in their eyes.

How Paul’s personal problem became Corner Stone of Christianity!
And all of a sudden we have a mortal (Paul) who declares that Laws worked otherwise in his personal case while his contemporaries who were no less than him,expressed their fealty for the OT Laws and even disputed with Paul over the same!

Yet millions of Christians have no qualms in rejecting what was revealed by God to be followed. Sadly, it has become a corner stone of their theology.

Notes:

All biblical texts, unless otherwise mentioned, are taken from Holy Bible, Good News Edition, Today’s English Version.
Emphasize wherever not matching with the original, is ours.

https://discover-the...of-christianity/

#4 Tunisia

Tunisia

Happily married :)

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Absolute Truth, do you trust articles written by someone not prepared to put their name to them? I guess you do if they are Muslim. :)

Would you expect the average Christian to be swayed by an article written by Muslims and whose mission statement as follows. Can I ask in your opinion what is an Islamophobe? Also, is it considered "fair teaching" to rubbish the scriptures of others by biased articles based largely on personal opinion and hearsay. Would it not be better to show the positive aspects of Islam? I mean a "win" by default is something of a hollow victory, don't you think? I think in the present climate Islam could do with some positive press, I think your time would be better spent pointing out the good in Islam and condemning the "bad practices" done by Muslims in the name of Islam. It might be more fruitful if your aim is to seek to convert the weak of faith to Islam.

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

In a world where Islamic beliefs and practices have endured constant barrages of ideological and bigoted attacks, it is not surprising that many Muslims may feel it is difficult to respond to such short-sightedness. Orientalists and Christian missionaries have contributed greatly to further add confusion around Islam and its adherents. That’s where our website comes in. Welcome to Discover The Truth, a resource which is dedicated to providing constructive responses and refutations against Islamophobes.

We run on the Qur’anic motto of inviting people to our truthful religion with wisdom and fair preaching. Today, Islam is surrounded by many untrue accusations and misconceptions surrounding its adherents, beliefs and much more. It is with this situation that we provide readers with articles, blog posts and resources about various topics which have been hijacked by Islamophobes.