#1 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,135 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Dear non-Muslim members

We have allowed you to quote your religious books, and even to preach your own faith, in our Refuting non-Muslims section. Those privileges do not exist in other discussion boards.

But what we don't allow is attacking Islam or refuting our Islamic beliefs. There are more lies about Islam than facts all over the web, and this forum will not allow such lies to make its way here. This forum is mainly to call for Islam. We welcome non-Muslims to join the forum with open arms, but on the condition that they show respect to our faith system, and to stay away from debating Islam or planting seeds of suspicion.

That is why we will start to apply forum rule #20 on those who say things like..

"Islam claims that..", "the Quran claims that..", "the Quran wrongly states that..", or any wording that questions our Islamic beliefs.

There is a huge difference between questions about a faith system and questioning it.

We can understand and accept all your questions about Islam, but we can distinguish between those who ask to seek the truth, and those who keep attacking and questioning our beliefs.

Thank you for your understanding.

#2 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,135 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

We also would like to draw the attention of our non-Muslim members that the privilege of preaching your own faith in the Refuting non-Muslims section is not a permanent one. That privilege is given in hope that you, at some point in time, build up some sort of interest in knowing Islam for what it really is, and recognize that its the final religion for the whole universe. However, If you have reached a sizable number of posts, yet you never showed such interest, your account will be deleted, along with all your preaching posts.

To help non-Muslim preachers avoid such deletion of accounts and posts, here is an example:

A Muslim member invited a Christian preacher to read an Islamic source..

An honest question. Do you read what I link? If you don't, please tell me so and save me the trouble of linking anything to you. Thank you.

The preacher replied with..

no I didn't read the link. Would you educate yourself on an Islamic topic using Christian website? That would be foolish...

That preacher made it very clear that he refuses to even read Islamic sources, which means that he will never even allow himself to know the truth. Such members who join this forum only to preach, and show no sign of seeking the truth, will have their accounts banned and all their posts deleted.

That is why we advise those preachers to save their time and efforts, by asking themselves, first before joining this forum: are they willing to read Islamic sources? are they seeking the truth? and if they found the truth in Islam, will they ever convert from Christianity to Islam? If the answer is no, then they shouldn't join this forum, otherwise, the posts they made months over months will all eventually go to waste.

#3 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,135 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Is it ok if I defend my beliefs against misconceptions and lies?

Of course, you have that right. Just beware of questioning any quotes from the holy Quran or prophet Muhammad, because then you would be violating forum rules.

Is it ok for me to report a post by a Muslim member that I feel is rude and disrespectful to the God I hold true and love with all my heart and soul?

Sure. God is one and the same in all truly divine messages and religions. Anyone showing disrespect to God should be reported. If however someone mistakes a human prophet for god, then it is out of respect to clear that mistake. It is any Muslim's duty to correct misguided fellow humans. Its out of love, not disrespect.

#4 Amna4

Amna4

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

Mair, I think that we all must remember that we should always expect the best intentions from the other poster (unless they are being undeniably rude or immature). Since 80% of communication is non-verbal, much is lacking in Internet interpretations of others' speech. Always assume they are being respectful, none of us intend to be enemies... Though we do deal with a lot of trolls, so may seem impatient at some points.

#5 Gods Servant

Gods Servant

• Preacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

We [size=4]also[/size][size=4] [/size][size=4]would like to draw the attention of our non-Muslim members that the privilege of preaching your own faith in the [/size][url=http://www.gawaher.com/forum/182-refuting-non-muslims/]Refuting non-Muslims[/url][size=4] section is not a permanent one. That privilege is given in hope that you, at some point in time, build up some sort of interest in knowing Islam for what it really is, and recognize that its the final religion for the whole universe. However, If you have reached a sizable number of posts, yet you never showed such interest, your account will be deleted, along with all your preaching posts.[/size] [size=4]To help non-Muslim preachers avoid such deletion of accounts and posts, here is an example:[/size] A Muslim member invited a Christian preacher to read an Islamic source.. The preacher replied with.. That preacher made it very clear that he refuses to even read Islamic sources, which means that he will never even allow himself to know the truth. Such members who join this forum only to preach, and show no sign of seeking the truth, will have their accounts banned and all their posts deleted. That is why we advise those preachers to save their time and efforts, by asking themselves, first before joining this forum: are they willing to read Islamic sources? are they seeking the truth? and if they found the truth in Islam, will they ever convert from Christianity to Islam? If the answer is no, then they shouldn't join this forum, otherwise, the posts they made months over months will all eventually go to waste.

That's a shame, that thread was very interesting :(

Reply to this topic