Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

In case anyone cant see the images above:

Map of Syria: https://pietervanost...000px-syria.png

Map of Iraq: https://pietervanost...2000px-iraq.png

Note that the border between Syria and Iraq is no more. Its been wiped out. 

#3 Aligarr

Aligarr

there is only ONE GOD ,and HE is who both you and I say He is .

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Religion: Believer without religion

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

Are you in the ISIS cheering section SaracenSoldier  ?

#4 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Title should be: The un-islamic state.

#5 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

Glad to see someone recognizes that .

#6 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

Are you in the ISIS cheering section SaracenSoldier  ?

Nah, just sharing news, etc. Forums been quiet. 

#7 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Islamic State fast learning how to run a country

In some areas under their control, the Islamic State is opening hospitals, building new roads, launching bus services, rehabilitating schools, and launching small-business programs designed to juice the local economies. In Syria, where bread is a core staple, the militants focus on managing local wheat mills and bakeries to ensure that supplies remain high enough to feed a population that was in some areas on the edge of starvation.

The group's focus on good governance, at least by militant standards, starts at the top. In his first public comments after conquering Mosul, the Islamic State's self-proclaimed caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, called on"scientists, scholars, preachers, judges, doctors, engineers and people with military and administrative expertise" to help govern the land his group controls. Those weren't just words: Shortly after taking control of Mosul, Baghdadi transferred the Islamic State's hospital administrator for the Syrian city of Raqqa to Mosul to take that same job there, Kilcullen said.

In Raqqa, which has been under Islamic State control for months, traffic police remain on the streets and local citizens pay taxes to the militants, who in turn give them receipts stamped with the group's logo. A local goldsmith told the New York Times that the taxes are far cheaper than the bribes residents had to pay when Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad was in control. "I feel like I am dealing with a respected state, not thugs," the goldsmith said.

The Islamic State also launched a "hearts-and-minds" campaign of sorts. In one of the more jarring examples, the group held a "fun day" in Mosul where the militants passed out soccer balls and held Quran memorization and recitation contests. The Islamic State, Kilcullen said, "is thinking like a state."

http://thecable.fore...e_islamic_state

#8 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Glad to hear that Saracen Soldier .  However your article above seems to be a bit more than informational .

Not to mention an attempt at Black Humor ?  sarc/on

LOLOLOL..... "Fun  Day  ?  Are you sure they were passing out soccer balls   , and not severed heads ?

And golly geee !!!    Low taxes under ISIS  !  

It is indeed a sick world we live in , with even sicker people . But  then again , anyone living under ISIS , had better "like it " lest they lose their heads .

It is only a matter of time before ISIS is crushed , for they have crossed the human boundaries separating civilized human beings and savage barbarians .  And there are several forces besides those of the West that have joined in meeting them on the battlefield . And Considering what they have done to the people they have overrun , I don't think anyone will be taking prisoners .

Assad is a brutal Dictator , cut in the same mold as his father , But ISIS is not on the side of the Syrian Rebels , ISIS has it's own agenda , making Assad look  like a boy scout in comparison to the brutality they have rained down upon innocents .

#9 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Insight - In northeast Syria, Islamic State builds a government

(Reuters) - In the cities and towns across the desert plains of northeast Syria, the ultra-hardline al Qaeda offshoot Islamic State has insinuated itself into nearly every aspect of daily life.

The group famous for its beheadings, crucifixions and mass executions provides electricity and water, pays salaries, controls traffic, and runs nearly everything from bakeries and banks to schools, courts and mosques.

While its merciless battlefield tactics and its imposition of its austere vision of Islamic law have won the group headlines, residents say much of its power lies in its efficient and often deeply pragmatic ability to govern.

Syria's eastern province of Raqqa provides the best illustration of their methods. Members hold up the province as an example of life under the Islamic "caliphate" they hope will one day stretch from China to Europe.

In the provincial capital, a dust-blown city that was home to about a quarter of a million people before Syria's three-year-old war began, the group leaves almost no institution or public service outside of its control.

"Let us be honest, they are doing massive institutional work. It is impressive," one activist from Raqqa who now lives in a border town in Turkey told Reuters.

In interviews conducted remotely, residents, Islamic State fighters and even activists opposed to the group described how it had built up a structure similar to a modern government in less than a year under its chief, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

But after the initial crackdown, the group began setting up services and institutions - stating clearly that it intended to stay and use the area as a base in its quest to eradicate national boundaries and establish an Islamic "state".

"We are a state," one emir, or commander, in the province told Reuters. "Things are great here because we are ruling based on God's law."

Some Sunni Muslims who worked for Assad's government stayed on after they pledged allegiance to the group. "The civilians who do not have any political affiliations have adjusted to the presence of Islamic State, because people got tired and exhausted, and also, to be honest, because they are doing institutional work in Raqqa," one Raqqa resident opposed to Islamic State told Reuters. 

Since then, the group "has restored and restructured all the institutions that are related to services," including a consumer protection office and the civil judiciary, the resident said.

According to one fighter, a former Assad employee is now in charge of mills and distributing flour to bakeries in Raqqa. Employees at the Raqqa dam, which provides the city with electricity and water, have remained in their posts. Islamic State's willingness to use former Assad employees displays a pragmatism residents and activists say has been vital to its success holding onto territory it has captured. 

They have been helped by experts who have come from countries including in North Africa and Europe. The man Baghdadi appointed to run and develop Raqqa's telecoms, for instance, is a Tunisian with a PhD in the subject who left Tunisia to join the group and serve "the state".

Reflecting Islamic State's assertion that it is a government - rather than simply a militant group that happens to govern - Baghdadi has also separated military operations from civilian administration, assigning fighters only as police and soldiers

Instead, Baghdadi has appointed civilian deputies called walis, an Islamic term describing an official similar to a minister, to manage institutions and develop their sectors. Administrative regions are divided into waliyehs, or provinces, which sometimes align with existing divisions but, as with the case of the recently established al-Furat province, can span national boundaries. 

Fighters and employees receive a salary from a department called the Muslim Financial House, which is something like a finance ministry and a bank that aims to reduce poverty. Fighters receive housing - including in homes confiscated from local non-Sunnis or from government employees who fled the area - as well as about $400 to $600 per month, enough to pay for a basic lifestyle in Syria's poor northeast.

One fighter said poor families were given money. A widow may receive $100 for herself and for each child she has, he said. Prices are also kept low. Traders who manipulate prices are punished, warned and shut down if they are caught again. 

The group has also imposed Islamic taxes on wealthy traders and families. "We are only implementing Islam, zakat is an Islamic tax imposed by God," said a jihadi in Raqqa.

Analysts estimate that Islamic State also raises tens of millions of dollars by selling oil from the fields it controls in Syria and Iraq to Turkish and Iraqi businessmen and by collecting ransoms for hostages it has taken.

At the heart of the Islamic State system is its leader, Baghdadi, who in June declared himself "caliph", or ruler of all the world's Muslims, after breaking with al Qaeda. Residents, fighters and activists agree Baghdadi is now heavily involved in Raqqa's administration, and has the final word on all decisions made by commanders and officials. Even the prices set for local goods go back to him, local sources say.

Residents say Baghdadi also approves beheadings and other executions and punishments for criminals convicted by the group's Islamic courts.

On the battlefield, fighters describe him as a fierce and experienced commander. The Syrian fighter said Baghdadi led major battles, such as one to retake a Syrian military base known as Division 17 in July, the first in a series of defeats the group dealt to Syrian government forces in Raqqa province.

"He does not leave the brothers. In the battle to retake Division 17 he was also slightly wounded but he is fine now," the fighter said.

"He is always moving. He does not stay in one place. He moves between Raqqa, Deir al-Zor and Mosul. He leads the battles."

Although pragmatism has been a key to the group's success, ideology is also vital to the group's rule.

By declaring the caliphate and setting up a "state", Baghdadi aimed to attract foreign jihadis and experts from abroad. Supporters say thousands have responded. At the same time, wealthy Islamists from across the world have sent money to Raqqa to support the caliphate, jihadis say.

According to sources in Raqqa, the group maintains three weapons factories mainly designed to develop missiles. Foreign scientists - including Muslims from China, fighters claim - are kept in a private location with bodyguards.

"Scientists and men with degrees are joining the State," said one Arab jihadi.

The group has also invested heavily in the next generation by inducting children into their ideology. Primary, secondary and university programs now include more about Islam. The group also accepts women who want to fight - they are trained about "the real Islam" and the reasons for fighting.

Islamic education groups are held in mosques for newly arrived fighters, who, according to militants in Raqqa, have flocked to Islamic State-controlled territory in even greater numbers since Baghdadi declared the "caliphate".

"Every three days we receive at least 1,000 fighters. The guest houses are flooding with mujahideen. We are running out of places to receive them," the Arab jihadi said.

http://uk.reuters.co...N0GZ0DD20140904

#10 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

So you are part of the cheering section eh ?  

ISIS is nothing more than an organized group of sociopaths and psychopaths with a desire to kill and torture their fellow human beings .

The fact  that they can recruit simply proves how many really sick people there are in this world . And that doesn't really surprise me at all .

#11 Amira_Aimal

Amira_Aimal

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

What a usefull source of information about Iraq and syria.. By the way wat is ISIS

#12 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,135 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

ISIS = Islamic state in Iraq and Sham (Syria).

Don't believe everything the media propagates. I think that its all part of a US-Zionist (with possibly Iranian) plot to create excuses to come back to the middle east, and wipe out anyone who dare dream of a peaceful Islamic state anywhere on earth. And while at it, help shia kill more sunni Muslims. The US has no problem in plotting the slaughtering of a few Americans here or there to reach political goals. They do that all the time, without a blink of an eye, nor a trace, thanks to the israeli demons in the area.

#13 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

Dot are you saying all that has transpired , the killings , beheadings and so on are all a ploy of who ?  A US- Zionist plot ?

Seriously ?

If it is a plot on the part of Shia to kill Sunni then why is Saudi Arabia taking a position against ISIS ? 

And you made mention of a dream of a peaceful Islamic state ? ISIS is anything but that ?  ISIS has murdered no one ?  How does one go about establishing a peaceful Islamic state by killing anyone who fails to join them ???????   

So the US and /or israel plotted the beheading and pinned the blame on ISIS huh ? Well who was it in the videos doing the beheading ? 

Well I guess you are part of the ISIS cheering section too eh Dot ? You approve ISIS ?  

#14 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

ISIS = Islamic state in Iraq and Sham (Syria).

Don't believe everything the media propagates. I think that its all part of a US-Zionist (with possibly Iranian) plot to create excuses to come back to the middle east, and wipe out anyone who dare dream of a peaceful Islamic state anywhere on earth. And while at it, help shia kill more sunni Muslims. The US has no problem in plotting the slaughtering of a few Americans here or there to reach political goals. They do that all the time, without a blink of an eye, nor a trace, thanks to the israeli demons in the area.

Asalamualikum

If you are hinting that the Islamic State might be some western/Iranian stooge then that is not factual I believe. It is also dangerous for a person's hereafter to say this because that means you are indirectly calling them kuffar or munafiqeen(i.e agents of kuffar). Sorry if I misunderstood your post. 

#15 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,135 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

I'm not well informed on the whereabouts of ISIS, but I know that whever there is evil stuff, anywhere in the planet, you'll find the US and zionists envolved, even if performed by locals. Its not hard to find criminals anywhere. Whereas true Muslims never commit such atrocities, but Iraq is currently a playground for western and zionist agencies, they can do whatever they please there, hire assasin groups, equip and finance them. Perhaps ISIS has nothing to do with all this, and others commit those killings in their names. Those agencies are creative and never short of mean ideas.

#16 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

So Dot , you're "not informed " on ISIS ,  or where it is , but you do know where them Americans and Zionists are huh ?  Iraq is currently a mess , and that is mainly due to Sunni not getting along with Shia .

Saddam kept every one in line , all he had to do was kill ten thousand here , ten thousand there , and everyone stayed where they belonged .

America's big mistake was going there and getting rid of Saddam .  So in the middle of the mess , comes ISIS . But you don't know anything about ISIS right ?

You don't know anything about what they been doing right ?

Seriously Dot ?   LOLOLOLOL........... you're kidding me ?

#17 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

Yea Saracen soldier , don't call ISIS   a western or Iranian stooge , LOLOL...are you two guys serious ? So if you call ISIS that you are saying then that they are kuffar [ and insulting term for non-muslims ]

Let's see if Iranians are kuffar that means what you are saying is that Shia are kuffar , because Iranians are Shia Muslims . And you no doubt must be Sunni . Right ?

Saracen soldier , you sound like you are afraid of ISIS .

#18 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

Interesting interview of an Arab(Jordanian) politician(translated into English):

#19 SaracenSoldier

SaracenSoldier

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

I have removed your post Aligarr and I will do the same with any posts in the future if you accuse me or anyone with accusations of supporting this or that without evidence. We are just reading/discussing a thread on a certain topic. This does not mean you start accusing people of being either pro and against said topic. You are either a troll or just trying to force people to say something incriminating. If you are unable to have an intellectual discussion without getting personal then I suggest you got to a forum where the intellectual level of the members is the same as you. 

You are so stupid that you don't even realize the sources I am posting from are mainstream western media. From Reuters, etc. Even the video above is by memri which i think is an Israeli org. Next time do yourself a favor and don't speak. You wont look stupid that way. 

#20 Aligarr

Aligarr

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

Indeed you have Saracen Soldier [removed it ], so I can consider the VIDEO THAT YOU POSTED of a Jordanian/Palestinian , to be a bit of "western propaganda" ?

If that is so , then WHY did you post it ? You are in effect spreading western propaganda .And YOU are the one that added the caption " an interesting interview " .
Did you think it interesting ? Indeed .

Would you say that the person ranting in that video was approving ISIS ? I would .

You're a curiously ,funny guy SaracenSoldier

btw- I asked if you approved , so don't call me stupid that is an insult . Read the rules Saracen Soldier .

Edited by Aligarr, 11 December 2014 - 02:47 AM.