http://www.coastaldi...-embraces-islam

#2 Tunisia

Tunisia

Happily married :)

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Why was he considered an enemy of Islam? Is everyone who does not believe Islam is truth considered to be an enemy of Islam? Is Islam more important than worshipping God in spirit and truth?

#3 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,204 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Why was he considered an enemy of Islam?

That's what the news article says:

Muzaffarnagar, Apr 20: A Shiv Sena leader from communally sensitive Muzaffarnagar district, who once had pledged to eliminate Islam from India, has now relinquished Hindutva and embraced Islam.

Source: http://www.coastaldi...-embraces-islam

#4 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

That's what the news article says:

Source: http://www.coastaldi...-embraces-islam

Yes Dot, I see that, but do you honestly believe he could have made good on any of those empty threats? Surely knowing that his efforts in eliminating Islam from India would be futile it's pointless viewing him as an enemy of Islam. Showing forgiveness to a misguided person is surely the better road.

#5 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,204 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

He is already forgiven the moment he uttered the declaration of faith. I can't see your problem. If it's a linguistic one, your free to replace the word enemy with one of your choice, but that is all behind us now. He is now our brother, Tunisia.

#6 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

He is already forgiven the moment he uttered the declaration of faith. I can't see your problem. If it's a linguistic one, your free to replace the word enemy with one of your choice, but that is all behind us now. He is now our brother, Tunisia.

Ah.. Ok.. Dot. Think I get it. It's like a sort of club.. if you're outside you're like an enemy if you're inside all is forgiven. :)

On the forgiveness front. Is that mans forgiveness? i:e Muslims forgiving a convert to Islam by virtue of him/her 'joining the club'. Or is that divine forgiveness? If the former fair enough good call. But if the latter how can you assume Gods forgiveness is assured? Catholics I belive have the same assumption, I think they apply a penance of some sort, not sure.

Both I think are a bit deceptive.

Blessings

I prefer to see us all as brothers and sisters in humanity

Edited by Tunisia, 20 April 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#7 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,204 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

I meant divine forgiveness of course, and I don't have to assume it. As soon as you say the Shahada and believe in it sincerely, you immediately enter the fold of Islam and have become a Muslim!    

As soon as you convert to Islam for the sake of God, Allah forgives ALL of your previous sins and you begin a new life with a clean slate, as if you had been reborn! 

As soon as you accept Islam, it is an automatic repentance from your previous beliefs and ways. Your record is now clean and you should try to keep your record clean as much as possible.

#8 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

I meant divine forgiveness of course, and I don't have to assume it. As soon as you say the Shahada and believe in it sincerely, you immediately enter the fold of Islam and have become a Muslim!    

As soon as you convert to Islam for the sake of God, Allah forgives ALL of your previous sins and you begin a new life with a clean slate, as if you had been reborn! 
As soon as you accept Islam, it is an automatic repentance from your previous beliefs and ways. Your record is now clean and you should try to keep your record clean as much as possible.

I find that deeply worrying. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hindu, convert