4 replies to this topic

#1 nnkhan1991

nnkhan1991

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

Assalamuwalaikum sister,
My husband and I both practicisng Muslims and are studying in Australia. Due to certain reasons we had a court marriage in Sydney. We plan to have our Islamic wedding ceremony after we return to our home country with out after a year. My question is, can we consummate our marriage under Islamic law or we have to wait till our Islamic Wedding?
I will be really grateful for a kind and helpful reply.
Regards

#2 Paris

Paris

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

Wa 3aliakum assalaam sis. You might find the following 2 links useful:

https://islamqa.info/en/164794

https://islamqa.info/en/113867

Hope they answer your query. If it was me, I'd wait to consummate the marriage until the nikkah is conducted.

#3 Elaj AlMadha

Elaj AlMadha

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Assalamu alaikum I'm elaj single brothers and sisters I have a question I am planning having a baby so it is permissible for me to marry a woman and having a baby and then divorcing her after giving birth?

#4 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,209 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

Assalamu alaikum I'm elaj single brothers and sisters I have a question I am planning having a baby so it is permissible for me to marry a woman and having a baby and then divorcing her after giving birth?

Wa alaikum assalam

That's not a kind plan brother. Only marry someone if you plan to have a family to cherish and care for. That's what marriage is for.

#5 Abu Hafsat

Abu Hafsat

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

As-Salaam alaikum,

I have noted Sister Nnkhan 1991's post/question above, to which I wish to contribute and/or clarify as follows:--

(1) Any 2 Muslims lovers {man and woman} can marry in any part of the world, provided that they do so in compliance with the

Islamic Shari'a on the subject of marriage.

(2) In Sydney or anywhere, such an event [Muslim marriage] can be formed if:---

(a) The Waliyy (Guardians) of the man... that is the groom and the woman... that is the Bride attend the event/ceremony

and give their consent/formal blessing to the marriage. Of course the guardian of the bride will only do so..give her

(the bride) away in marriage to the groom, only after knowing from the bride of her consent to that effect. And the

Walyy (guardian) of the groom will also have discussed the issue with the groom and his family beforehand.

(b) An agreed dowry is known/mentioned during the ceremony and paid by the groom, through his guardian, to the

Bride, through her guardian.

© The event of the Wedding ceremony is witnessed by at least 2 up-right and/or reliable Muslim adults. The witnesses

to the marriage can be many people, as invited, but should be at least 2 good people.

This is Islamic Wedding, and no marriage is consummated... whereby the bride and the groom have sexual intercourse...until

this is done. Even where a couple is in a foreign land, they should get to an Islamic Madrasa/ Court or an Islamic Head Teacher

where available for assistance in this regards.. to ensure that the above is done before an Islamic marriage is done.

Many Regards.