1 reply to this topic

#1 sureshdez

sureshdez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Religion: Other religion

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Hello Friends,

I was born into Christian faith.To date, I don't see anything wrong with Christ's teachings. Just that there is something wrong with me, that I can not keep up with it.

Decades ago, I set out my journey with a solid aim, I will find God. Laws and Rules are plenty in all books I came across.I dont expect Quran to be any less. Two teachings by Christ, I packed for my journey...initially.

** Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. ( I thought, Impossible to heed..)

** Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles(spoil) a person.For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. (I thought, Christ is talking about my natural thoughts...)

Both these guide lines involve HEART. By this time I had realized that ,I can appear to be disciplined by all Christian laws but the heart can not be simply held by Rules and Laws. That is a truth I experienced. In my journey to find and encounter God, I started to look for Answers to .

- Who or What is God ?
- What is Sin , that seems to be in between me and God.
- What are my beliefs? Do they matter. Do they help or clutter ?

I live in Sri Lanka and my search took me to a great part of Buddhist teachings as well.

I want to reaffirm my findings  of the Truths against knowledge that may oppose my current understanding. That's my purpose to be here in your forum. It would naturally contribute to anybody else with an open mind to re affirm theirs.

Could we start with - Who or What is God ? How does Islam perceive this illusive entity.

#2 dot

dot

e-SL@vE

• Administration
  • 17,183 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Wa alaikum assalam
welcom.gif to Gawaher

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.

Good questions. I'm glad that you're in a journey to find the truth. It would be a pleasure to help you find the way. But since this section is only for introductions, please start a new topic in another section for your questions., and we will be glad to respond to you there, instead of this closed topic.

As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

As a new member, you will notice a number of temporary limitations. Please read about them here:
New Members: Read This!

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!
So sit back, and let me pour you a few glasses of freshly squeezed fruit juice!. Drink all you can.

post-1-1102388849.jpg