7 replies to this topic

#1 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,171 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

I think that believers without religion are good people. They found the right path, took the right bus, but they got off to a nowhere zone, before reaching the final destination. I'm here to offer my help, perhaps I can persuade those good genuine truth seekers to hop in..

#2 ECLIPSE

ECLIPSE

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Religion: Non-religion

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Hi Dot . I was born of a practicing and a non practicing Christian parents .  I became aware of God before any teaching by my parents , and I know this because I have an accurate timeline ,as to when the notion of God entered my mind . This time line is accurate because since birth to the time of my awareness my family lived in three locations .The first until I was 18 months old and the next up to age 3 and then lastly from age 3 1/2 to early adulthood .  My awareness of God was apparent to me at the second residence where my family lived so I know I can associate those thoughts with a location which I remember well and that would put me  between the age of 18 months and 3 1/2 .  I can remember as if it were yesterday , on a dark night I looked up at the sky and the stars ,and I knew there had to be a Creator . I had never seen a church or religious symbol and since I was only 8days old when baptized , I know I had no conscious recollection of that . So in a way one can say I was blessed , faith in the one true God was bestowed on me .No doubt through God's Mercy or in conjunction with my mothers silent prayers . I was aware of right and wrong at that young age , as I had wronged another child in playing and was immediately convicted in my spirit ,that I had done wrong . Forgiveness came not long after , as I was wronged by an older bully , yet found it easy to forgive , as he had injured me and felt remorse and asked my forgiveness . I was yet to be 4 years old and had learned to give and receive forgiveness .My life's course had been set

#3 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

That was very interesting. Your story proves what we know regarding the recognition of our creator. Prophet Muhammad told us that we are all born with a natural instinct to recognize our creator.

Now, I take it that you believe that God created us then left us all to do whatever and however we wish in this life?

Look around you, everything you use or buy comes with some sort of instruction manual or guide. You must have noticed the perfection of God's creations all around us. Do you think that such perfect creator would leave out such instructions and guidance?

#4 ECLIPSE

ECLIPSE

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:09 AM

No God did not leave us without instruction . He wrote it upon our hearts , in a language all men understand . Men can either accept or reject . Their lives become evident of that choice . 

#5 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

Are you saying that the wisdom of man equals the wisdom of his creator?

All our human knowledge and wisdom are but a drop in the sea compared to the knowledge and wisdom of God Al Mighty.

The history of man proved millions of times that man, when left to his own conscious and wisdom, can inflict great harm on other creatures. Atrocities, mass graves, wiping out whole nations, ruthless weapons of mass destruction are a few products of the human mind and wisdom.

Take a look at Islamic teachings, even at times of war, weapons of mass destruction are prohibited. We are taught not to harm civilians, women, children, animals even plants. Compare that for example to the Russians and Syrian army who destroy homes, burying whole families under the rubbles everyday for 7 years now, while the civilized world is watching. Or compare that to the American army who directly sprayed agent orange upon millions of Vietnamese people for 10 years. Some people refused to take part of such wrongdoings. But had the US soldiers been followers of Islamic teachings, the generals would have been left with no one to share in such crimes against life, 

I agree with you that some people have good and healthy conscious that prevents them from some wrongdoings without outside instructions. But it takes 2 to tango. Can you guarantee that everyone around you, and everyone in this whole world, have the same good and healthy conscious as yourself?

You are not alone in this world. If you think that you don't need religion, and that your heart and self conscious is enough, what about the rest of us?

Life is a relation between many creatures. Religion tries to maintain that relation to ensure that no one harms another, and that good spread all around. Religion reminds us that we are so tiny compared to our creator, and that our life is but a test, and that we are watched all the time, and that there is a second life, where the wrongdoers will be punished while the good will be rewarded.

Take Islam, it has not just instructions for  individuals, it has guidelines for building good communities, and guidelines for nations, guidelines for heads of states, to ensure peace, justice and equality between all races and colors. Islam has instructions for everything and everyone.

The world is full of injustice and inequality. If the world decides, at any point in time, to embrace Islam and follow its teachings, all human problems will be gone.

#6 ECLIPSE

ECLIPSE

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

No , I am not saying the wisdom of man equals the wisdom of the creator . What I am saying is that the creator has imparted wisdom in the heart and souls of man whom he has created .

Would you know that it is wrong to murder , or would you not murder,  if someone came and told you that it is wrong to murder  ?

#7 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

There are ways to control the human mind. Someone could murder innocent people if he was brainwashed by other people to believe that he's doing a good thing by killing those people.

If you're following a good religion, you will not be an easy target for brainwashing. Your religion could save you from wrongdoing however sweet they picture it.

#8 ECLIPSE

ECLIPSE

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Depending upon the weakness of one's mind , that determines the effectiveness of brainwashing . History and experience show that several  religions and cults are very effective in brainwashing people to kill and believe it to be a good thing.  A normal man , born with a normal undamaged brain , knows innately that it is wrong to kill, unless in a situation defending life .