• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Absolute truth

Absolute truth

• IF Guardian
  • 805 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

It is generally believed that Western society is monogamous. It is true that monogamy has been enforced by an act of Parliament but it needs to be seen to what extent it is being observed.

There is, in fact, nothing like the practice of true monogamy in the West when we consider the miserable plight of the numerous mistresses who are deprived of womanhood and respect. One Orientalist has stated that irresponsible polygamy is practiced in the West which Islam does not permit.

A close look at Western society shows that its moral and spiritual condition is comparable to that of Arabian society at the time of the advent of the Holy Prophet of Islam. In fact this state of moral degeneracy has spread almost to the four corners of the world. The root cause is the imbalance between the two sexes caused by a depletion of males during the two world wars. This view is supported by statistics published in the Western press. Some persons have expressed their view that polygamy is the only solution for the increased problem of prostitution.

Dr. Le Bon, a French sexologist, has written:

A return to polygamy, the natural relationship between the sexes, would remedy many evils: prostitution, venereal diseases, abortion, the misery of illegitimate children, the misfortune of millions of unwanted women, resulting from the disproportion between the sexes, adultery and even jealousy.”

As a matter of fact the West has nothing to lose by adopting the Islamic concept of limited polygamy as it has already done in the case of divorce.

The West has advanced in the direction towards its own emancipation by granting divorce. At the same time it has not fully realized and appreciated the Islamic teachings on divorce which has in a nutshell been beautifully described by the Prophet of Islam: “Of all lawful things, the most hateful in the sight of Allah is divorce.”

While divorce is allowed it is not encouraged unless circumstances fully warrant it. By discarding old dogmatic beliefs Western minds are, on the basis of rational thinking, moving gradually towards the principles of Islam. All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds.

The western law does not recognize a second wife as a legal wife where as Islam does. If the western law can accommodate common law arrangements between long term partners and same sex marriages then why can it not also accommodate a second wife of a Muslim male as his legal wife? How does making this provision for Muslims affect disbelievers in any way?

#2 Tunisia

Tunisia

Happily married :)

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

YHWH the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob forbid polygamy. God does not change His mind. Polygamy is an invention of mans mind. To have their cake and eat it. It's the same as adultery, shameful.

#3 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

YHWH the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob forbid polygamy. God does not change His mind. Polygamy is an invention of mans mind. To have their cake and eat it. It's the same as adultery, shameful.

I have two questions here:

1- Do the god of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Solomon, have any idea how many wives everyone of them had?

2- after the II World ware, Europe lost something like 30:40 million persons, most of them are young men. they had almost the same number of young women who will not find husbands!!

(a) what should they do?

(b) what they, already, did? and if what they did was a big leap in the west sexual freedom west have today?

#4 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

I have two questions here:
1- Do the god of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Solomon, have any idea how many wives everyone of them had?
2- after the II World ware, Europe lost something like 30:40 million persons, most of them are young men. they had almost the same number of young women who will not find husbands!!
      (a) what should they do?
     (b) what they, already, did? and if what they did was a big leap in the west sexual freedom west have today?

Of course God knew, God is omniscient He sees all sin. I believe the Bible shows the higher ground when it comes to polygamy. For sure polygamy is shown in the Bible, because the Bible is a truthful account of life, which includes sin and what lessons we are to learn from it. When God created the universe, He did things in a very specific manner. Those descriptions are provided for us in Genesis 1–2. At the end of His creative activity, God pronounced the things He had made as being “very good”. In Genesis 2 we learn the details of the creation of mankind. After creating Adam from the dust of the ground, God presented the beasts of the field and the birds of the air to Adam to name. When Adam found no suitable helper, God formed the first woman from Adam’s side. Here is the verse -

And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. - Genesis 2:18–25

Let’s note several key phrases that indicate God’s intent for marriage to be monogamous - one man for one woman. First, God intended to make “a helper” for Adam, not several helpers. Second, from one rib God made one woman for Adam. God reveals the pattern of a man leaving his family to “be joined to his wife,” not wives. This union is then described as becoming “one flesh.”

Jesus confirmed this understanding of marriage when he was asked about divorce by the Pharisees. This is recorded in Mark 10:1-12 and Matthew 19:1-12. In His response Jesus quoted from Genesis 2, confirming that His understanding of marriage was one man for one woman. Confirming the covenantal nature of marriage, Jesus said that divorce was only allowed because of the hardness of the hearts of man. God intended, from the beginning, for marriages to consist of one man and one woman for the duration of their lives.

Even though it clear that God intended a monogamous relationship within marriage . Abraham, Jacob, David, and Solomon all had multiple wives. However, polygamous relationships are never mentioned in a positive light, and the problems of such relationships are presented. Just because the Bible records polygamous relationships doesn't mean that God approves of it. The consequences revealed in Scripture in each of the following cases:
Abraham - led to bitterness between Sarah and her maid, Hagar, and the eventual dismissal of Hagar and Ishmael
Jacob - led to Rachel’s jealousy of Leah and to Joseph being betrayed and sold by his half-brothers
David - led to the rape of one of his daughters (Tamar) by one of his sons (Tamar’s half-brother Amnon) and Amnon’s subsequent murder by Tamar’s brother Absalom
Solomon - his many wives “turned away his heart” from the Lord and to the worship of false gods

See what I mean?

The New Testament, there are several passages that can be understood to speak against polygamous relationships. The qualifications for leaders in the church given by the Apostle Paul to Timothy and Titus. In 1 Timothy 3:2 and 12 and Titus 1:6, we are told that leaders of the church must be the “husband of one wife.”

In 1 Corinthians 7:1 -16 Paul answered questions that the Corinthian church had about marriage. In this passage Paul used the singular form of wife and husband throughout the passage. In fact, this is true of the New Testament writers in general.

Scripture compares the relationship of husband and wife to that of Christ and the church. In Ephesians 5:25 - 33 Paul explained this relationship and referred back to Genesis 2:24. Once again, God’s standard for marriage is defined as one man and one woman. Paul finished this analogy by stating, “let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband” Ephesians 5:33

As to your second question, so what? There has always been a higher percentage of women to men. Yet the human race has not died out has it? I agree polygamy may be seen by some as an answer to a "surplus" of women, but does that make it right before God? Or is it mankind's solution to a man made problem? In your example a man made war and even fewer men to go round as a result. If you claim Islam promotes polygamy as a solution to such a problem then sorry, but to my mind that makes it appear a religion born from a mans mind rather than Gods. For God is eternal, and when we die we return to Him for eternity. What transpires during our time is nothing more than a blink of an eye, is it important that some women may not marry or have children? As to sexual freedoms, that again is mans design not Gods. It's mankind's choice. Mankind has natural urges, many manage perfectly well to control those urges. Many do not. If you believe Islam is the solution to mans (and women's ) natural urges and propensity to sin then I don't believe it is, what it does do however, is force people into deceit by lying and subterfuge. Outwardly there seems a good morality but under the surface people still commit adultery, have affairs and have s*x out of wedlock. Sin is sin weather it's openly accepted within society or not acknowledged to be happening.

When it comes to caring for the unmarried women, whereas if married they would be cared for by their husbands. There's even less reason for polygamy in the modern world. Women are able to support themselves and marriage is not the necessity it once was. Besides why would one have to marry a woman just to care and provide for her needs? If provision was the only reason that could be achieved without a marriage contract. As far as polygamy goes, for me at least it's a big turn off. I would not want to be sharing my husband with another woman. I can't imagine, if they were honest, many women would wish to share their husband with another women be it wife or mistress there is really not much difference. It devalues the wife. IMHO of course. No offence meant but I'm just being honest as to why I don't believe God condones polygamy.

#5 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

Of course God knew, God is omniscient He sees all sin. I believe the Bible shows the higher ground when it comes to polygamy. For sure polygamy is shown in the Bible, because the Bible is a truthful account of life, which includes sin and what lessons we are to learn from it. When God created the universe, He did things in a very specific manner. Those descriptions are provided for us in Genesis 1–2. At the end of His creative activity, God pronounced the things He had made as being “very good”. In Genesis 2 we learn the details of the creation of mankind. After creating Adam from the dust of the ground, God presented the beasts of the field and the birds of the air to Adam to name. When Adam found no suitable helper, God formed the first woman from Adam’s side. Here is the verse -

And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. - Genesis 2:18–25

Let’s note several key phrases that indicate God’s intent for marriage to be monogamous - one man for one woman. First, God intended to make “a helper” for Adam, not several helpers. Second, from one rib God made one woman for Adam. God reveals the pattern of a man leaving his family to “be joined to his wife,” not wives. This union is then described as becoming “one flesh.”

Jesus confirmed this understanding of marriage when he was asked about divorce by the Pharisees. This is recorded in Mark 10:1-12 and Matthew 19:1-12. In His response Jesus quoted from Genesis 2, confirming that His understanding of marriage was one man for one woman. Confirming the covenantal nature of marriage, Jesus said that divorce was only allowed because of the hardness of the hearts of man. God intended, from the beginning, for marriages to consist of one man and one woman for the duration of their lives.

Even though it clear that God intended a monogamous relationship within marriage . Abraham, Jacob, David, and Solomon all had multiple wives. However, polygamous relationships are never mentioned in a positive light, and the problems of such relationships are presented. Just because the Bible records polygamous relationships doesn't mean that God approves of it. The consequences revealed in Scripture in each of the following cases:
Abraham - led to bitterness between Sarah and her maid, Hagar, and the eventual dismissal of Hagar and Ishmael
Jacob - led to Rachel’s jealousy of Leah and to Joseph being betrayed and sold by his half-brothers
David - led to the rape of one of his daughters (Tamar) by one of his sons (Tamar’s half-brother Amnon) and Amnon’s subsequent murder by Tamar’s brother Absalom
Solomon - his many wives “turned away his heart” from the Lord and to the worship of false gods

See what I mean?

The New Testament, there are several passages that can be understood to speak against polygamous relationships. The qualifications for leaders in the church given by the Apostle Paul to Timothy and Titus. In 1 Timothy 3:2 and 12 and Titus 1:6, we are told that leaders of the church must be the “husband of one wife.”

In 1 Corinthians 7:1 -16 Paul answered questions that the Corinthian church had about marriage. In this passage Paul used the singular form of wife and husband throughout the passage. In fact, this is true of the New Testament writers in general.

Scripture compares the relationship of husband and wife to that of Christ and the church. In Ephesians 5:25 - 33 Paul explained this relationship and referred back to Genesis 2:24. Once again, God’s standard for marriage is defined as one man and one woman. Paul finished this analogy by stating, “let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband” Ephesians 5:33

for sane people when it comes to a serious matters they don't talk in signals and metaphors, and leave people to predict what satisfies their desires. I imagine a clear god would say, "polygamy is forbidden" , "whomever practice this great sin I'll melt him with H2SO4".....or with less clearness "whomever practice this sin, the god should clearly punish him and clearly tell people what was the reason. All of your evidences are very weak and based on your predictions. for example as the god created originally a male and female from the free-well human and he did the same for every other creatures, lions, dogs, fly, ........ and those creatures have no free-well. they are programmed by god and this god program directs them to practice polygamy. I mean creating one and one have no relation to what the god have in mind at this moment. 

Solomon married 700 +300, if the god didn't like that, I guess he should send him a signal with the 2nd marriage or the 3rd.....may be the 5th or the 10th or the 100th ....but keeping blessing him and not mentioning any problem regarding marriage tell 1000, it tells me that he liked it. regarding that wife who take his heart towards something, it may happen by the first wife...or a friend or a family member,....so should the god forbid families?!!!!!

BTW, Islam is the only religion that clearly highly recommend one wife (some may see it as obligation, if the second marriage is not for a morally justified reason, and possess of the health, spiritual, time and finance requirements ). BUT in case of justified reason like the one i proposed before Islam limited the number of marriages to 4. 

..... But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].4-3 ..... And you will never be able to be equal [in feeling] between wives, even if you should strive [to do so] 4-129

Of 
As to your second question, so what? There has always been a higher percentage of women to men. Yet the human race has not died out has it? I agree polygamy may be seen by some as an answer to a "surplus" of women, but does that make it right before God? Or is it mankind's solution to a man made problem? In your example a man made war and even fewer men to go round as a result. If you claim Islam promotes polygamy as a solution to such a problem then sorry, but to my mind that makes it appear a religion born from a mans mind rather than Gods. For God is eternal, and when we die we return to Him for eternity. What transpires during our time is nothing more than a blink of an eye, is it important that some women may not marry or have children? As to sexual freedoms, that again is mans design not Gods. It's mankind's choice. Mankind has natural urges, many manage perfectly well to control those urges. Many do not. If you believe Islam is the solution to mans (and women's ) natural urges and propensity to sin then I don't believe it is, what it does do however, is force people into deceit by lying and subterfuge. Outwardly there seems a good morality but under the surface people still commit adultery, have affairs and have s*x out of wedlock. Sin is sin weather it's openly accepted within society or not acknowledged to be happening.

marriage is not only for bed right, or children or spiritual mixing or providing needs or having a partner and friend, all are needed and important and will save the society. it's more than that, plz google other benefits 

O
When it comes to caring for the unmarried women, whereas if married they would be cared for by their husbands. There's even less reason for polygamy in the modern world. Women are able to support themselves and marriage is not the necessity it once was. Besides why would one have to marry a woman just to care and provide for her needs? If provision was the only reason that could be achieved without a marriage contract. As far as polygamy goes, for me at least it's a big turn off. I would not want to be sharing my husband with another woman. I can't imagine, if they were honest, many women would wish to share their husband with another women be it wife or mistress there is really not much difference. It devalues the wife. IMHO of course. No offence meant but I'm just being honest as to why I don't believe God condones polygamy.

you keep putting your self in the position who own something and others wanna steal it. it's not like that, this guy is not your property, and other ladies are not thieves. He, you, them and all of us belong to the one who set the rules, god. any way, you need consider the opposite or at least, this scenario " you and other young lady and one healthy man are left in an island, probably for ever. now, either the man will marry the other lady (which is more probable) and this case you keep watching them or the other and in this case the other lady will keep watching you (this may lead to jealous and trying to damage the family or having fun out of marriage and out of bed children ..... ) or sharing like most of the greatest ever men and ladies in the O.T. 

I have a question, why the westerners attack polygamy more than relations out of marriage? comparison, which is more stupid in side of god and have severer consequences on the society? 

#6 Zruce Lee

Zruce Lee

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

If wanna practice Polygamy , then please do that in Al Madiinah Al Munawwarah . Thanks for the thread .

#7 Tunisia

Tunisia

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

for sane people when it comes to a serious matters they don't talk in signals and metaphors, and leave people to predict what satisfies their desires. I imagine a clear god would say, "polygamy is forbidden" , "whomever practice this great sin I'll melt him with H2SO4".....or with less clearness "whomever practice this sin, the god should clearly punish him and clearly tell people what was the reason. All of your evidences are very weak and based on your predictions. for example as the god created originally a male and female from the free-well human and he did the same for every other creatures, lions, dogs, fly, ........ and those creatures have no free-well. they are programmed by god and this god program directs them to practice polygamy. I mean creating one and one have no relation to what the god have in mind at this moment. 

Yes, God said exactly that in the Bible. As I said God - is clear on the matter and does not condone polygamy. As God does not change His mind then for sure I don't know where that leaves you.

It is of course true that it was a worldly custom, in patriarchal times, and in the days of the Kingdom of israel, for kings and wealthy men to take plural wives. A harem was one of the symbols of royalty.

But God FORBADE polygamy for the kings of israel.

Here is God's LAW respecting polygamy by israel's kings:

"When thou art come unto the land which the Eternal thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me. . . . Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away" (Deut. 17:14, 17). It is spoken of as "THIS LAW" in verses 18 and 19.

israel's first king, Saul, had plural wives. But in this he disobeyed God and followed the custom of the kings of the worldly nations around israel. It was SIN. It was not approved by God.

David had several wives. But after his tremendous sin of taking Bathsheba and having her husband murdered, David repented, in real heart-rending repentance. And he never repeated the sin.

See II Samuel 12:9-12. "Now therefore," said God (verse 10), "the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised ME, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife." Notice, David despised GOD -- not merely the commandment of God, as in verse 9, but also the very Person of God! He did it by taking this woman as his wife. Therefore the sword was never to depart from his HOUSE.

The HOUSE OF DAVID, at that time consisted solely of these plural WIVES, and his children. This was a tremendous, super SIN. God was meting out tremendous super punishment. Now notice the next verse we see

"Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ." His own house included his wives and children. What evil? God has just said the sword will now come upon his house - his family. God continues: ".... and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun."

Notice - this was to be done in the sight of THIS sun, in broad daylight. God continues: "For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all israel, and before the sun.

David repented. "And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Eternal" (I Samuel 12:13). You will read of David's private prayer of repentance to God in the 51st Psalm - I can post it if you like.. the prayer of a really broken and contrite heart. It was real repentance. David turned from polygamy.

The next words in this text in II Samuel 12 are: "And Nathan said unto David, The Eternal also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die." However, the son to be born of this adultery was to die. Thus was Gods punishment - God took all his wives, leaving Bathsheba only. With David's first and only legitimate wife, Michal, probably dead, God also had cleared the way for Bathsheba to become the legal wife of David. Apparently this was done, that she might be the mother of Solomon, through whom God was to keep His unconditional, dynastic, promise to David , a forefather of Jesus Christ , and a prophet used in writing the Bible.

After this David was away from Jerusalem. But, returning, there were ten concubines (left of his his former harem). Here is what David did with them:

"And David came to his house at Jerusalem; and the king took the ten women his concubines, whom he had left to keep the house, and put them in ward, and fed them, but went not in unto them. So they were shut up unto the day of their death, living in widowhood" (II Sam. 20:3).

Just as David kept the ten concubines "in widowhood" - that is, he had no relations with them, for they had been defiled by his son Absalom.

David had truly repented. He practiced polygamy NO MORE! When David was becoming old, he went "fully after the Eternal" (I Kings 11:6). He was "a man after God's own heart," because his heart was right. He did repent. His heart turned to GOD. His life's race ENDED in victory. If David felt the need in his heart for repentance that can only mean he knew he had sinned against God, the fact he turned his back on his previous polygamous ways shows he knew polygamy was a sin before God.

As to your point on animals being polygamous by nature is not only a weak excuse but a ridiculous comparison. God set man above the animals from creation, why would you assume we were to share the same "morals". In fact animals don't live by a "moral" code they live by instinct so the point you make.. If there is one becomes meaningless.

Solomon married 700 +300, if the god didn't like that, I guess he should send him a signal with the 2nd marriage or the 3rd.....may be the 5th or the 10th or the 100th ....but keeping blessing him and not mentioning any problem regarding marriage tell 1000, it tells me that he liked it. regarding that wife who take his heart towards something, it may happen by the first wife...or a friend or a family member,....so should the god forbid families?!!!!!

His son, Solomon, started out righteously, unselfishly, relying on God. But, "when Solomon was old," he had seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines - it must have been a record harem! And his wives turned away his heart from God, and to their idols.

It was SIN! Regarding it, God's Word says as I mentioned previously - "Solomon did evil in the sight of the Eternal" (I Kings 11:6).

David started out in polygamy, but God punished him. HE REPENTED thoroughly, and he finished his reign with his only living wife. Solomon finished his life in polygamy and idolatry - and God, in punishment, rent the KINGDOM away from his son, Rehoboam.

GOD DID NOT CONDONE POLYGAMY! He PUNISHED those who practiced it! It was always SIN! It is SIN today! Hosea and other prophets constantly dwell upon the thought of monogamous marriage as being a symbol of the union of God and His people, and denounce idolatry as unfaithfulness to this spiritual marriage tie. I'm not denying there was polygamy in ancient israel. But it was SIN! God condemned it - He never condoned or sanctioned it. They reaped what they sowed.

BTW, Islam is the only religion that clearly highly recommend one wife (some may see it as obligation, if the second marriage is not for a morally justified reason, and possess of the health, spiritual, time and finance requirements ). BUT in case of justified reason like the one i proposed before Islam limited the number of marriages to 4. 

..... But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].4-3

..... And you will never be able to be equal [in feeling] between wives, even if you should strive [to do so] 4-129

Bit in bold, simply isn't true. I've demonstrated through the long history of the Bible monogamous relationships were Gods plan for mankind from the beginning of creation.

marriage is not only for bed right, or children or spiritual mixing or providing needs or having a partner and friend, all are needed and important and will save the society. it's more than that, plz google other benefits 

I already said that. However, I added that in my opinion a marriage contract isn't necessary in order to just care for someone, be it companionship or for provision. God ordained marriage for family, father, mother and children. The is only one father and one mother needed to produce a child.

you keep putting your self in the position who own something and others wanna steal it. it's not like that, this guy is not your property, and other ladies are not thieves. He, you, them and all of us belong to the one who set the rules, god. any way, you need consider the opposite or at least, this scenario " you and other young lady and one healthy man are left in an island, probably for ever. now, either the man will marry the other lady (which is more probable) and this case you keep watching them or the other and in this case the other lady will keep watching you (this may lead to jealous and trying to damage the family or having fun out of marriage and out of bed children ..... ) or sharing like most of the greatest ever men and ladies in the O.T. 

On the contrary, no person own another let's be clear on that. No man owns a woman or vice versa. Any who place "ownership" over another does so against Gods will. BIble claims - all are equal (men and women) in the sight of God. Don't confuse responsibilities with ownership.

I can state categorically that your scenario of two women and one man stranded on an island, weather marriage being an option or not would in all likely hood result in jealousy, because inherently we are not meant to share a spouse. We are made to be monogamous. That some people share or enter into affairs or plural marriages it's mankind's choice and it's a choice against Gods law on the matter. That makes it a sin.

I have a question, why the westerners attack polygamy more than relations out of marriage? comparison, which is more stupid in side of god and have severer consequences on the society? 

I would imagine because they see polygamy as a form of adultery and as such a sin against God. Both are a sin in the sight of God and both have severe effects on society. It's interesting to note that it's a relatively small number of Muslims in the world practice polygamy anyway, maybe they can see it's not good practice or find it hard to get their wife to agree to a second wife. Whatever the reason, a good many Muslims and non Muslims accept that the ideal is a monogamous marriage between a man and a women and this is Gods will.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Polygamy, west