Islamic Forum
Abu Zakariyah

Emaan- Faith

:sl:

What things increase your emaan and what things decrease your emaan? Maybe inshallah by discussing this it will help us go towards that which is good and stay away from that which is not.

When i read the biographies of the companions i find that helps increase my emaan..

PropellerAds

Things that increase ones Iman:

1)Reading Quran

2)Nafal Prayers

3)Seeking Islamic Knowledge

Things that decrease ones Iman:

1)Sins

Iman flutuates high and low throughout our life and our job is to maintain a constant level of it and keep buliding upon it.

I read this book on Iman so when I find it,I'll post stuff up here. :no:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

thats very general stuff there brother aqib... also i am asking you personal question not what books have said..

Assalaamu 'Alaykum

Good topic, :sl: this can benefit us

Something which I have started doing lately with my fellow Muslims, is selecting one or two ayahs of the Qur'an daily and contemplating over those verses; studying the tafsir and carrying the goal of implementing what we've learnt into our lives. This has certainly proved to have strengthened my eemaan to some extent and I would recommend it :no:

Another one- righteous company, that helps too :sl:

Assalamu alaikum

Mashallah sis Aamina thts good, thanx for sharing.

alhamduillah what seems to increase my emaan is attedning friday lectures. my emaan seems to be at the high ends after Friday salat......also reading or hearing stories of the sahabas as well as in company of righteous persons as sis aamina said

Alright bro.

Rememberance of Allah increases my Eman,

saying Subhanallah,Alhumdulilah,Allahu Akbar really makes a difference,try it!!

Other forms aswell,the Shahada and saying short Surahs from the Quran has helped me a lot.

Especially Ayat Al Kursi.

You can say those anytime and anywhere really.

Light on the tongue,heavy on the scales.

What a good topic to bring up, I ALWAYS ask my other sisters that exact question...what bring your emaan up or down and I get the same responce as akhi Aaqib Ahmed mentioned

reading the Quran, making nafal prayers, making a lot of dhikr...what sis Aamina mentioned...focusing on a ayat and reading its tafsir. Subhanallah I must admit lately my emaan has been struggling but alhamdulillah Im trying to fight. I listen to a lot of khutbahs now on my mp4 and constantly make dkhir and seeking refuge in Allah from shaytan the rejected one. Inshallah May Allah SWT bring us closer to Him and make us stronger strangers.

Ameen :sl:

Assalamu Alaikum, MashaAllah nice name change Ya Bunayye Abu Zakariyah, Okay now for the Topic................ In reality I am a Positive enforcement type of person, so for myself I look at POSITIVE things to help increase my Emaan.

For example Where Allah can be Angry, He is lOVING too, SO I TEND TO LOOK AT THE LOVING SIDE OF Allah AND WOULD WANT TO DO THINGS THAT WILL MAKE Allah HAPPY WITH ME RATHER THAN ANGRY.

__Thinking and reading about Jannah helps my Emaan

__Thinking and reading about Allahs Love, Compassion, Mercy and mostly Allah's love to Forgive US gives me Hope and helps elevate my Emaan.

__Reading and Listening to people talk about Punishments of Hell and Allah's Wrath really scares me and I find my Emaan shakes with the thoughts.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Everyone above has already mentioned beneficial things Alhamdulillah.

I also feel that listening and reading about our pious predecessors helps me alot in increasing my Iman!

the most important thing for me is to think about death and the hereafter often...

I wanted to share a good article by shaikh Nazim Mangera -(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=3989&CATE=17"]Imaan[/url]

Watching peace Tv has such good effects on me.Mashallah the way Dr Zakir Naik explains really strengthens the imaan.

Sharing Hadith ,Quranics verses and Islamic stories with other also increase the Imaan.

sorry i forget to add what decrease Emaan...

bad company....

mashallah :sl: some very good things mentioned.

Something which I have started doing lately with my fellow Muslims, is selecting one or two ayahs of the Qur'an daily and contemplating over those verses; studying the tafsir and carrying the goal of implementing what we've learnt into our lives

That is a very practical and excellent way to help our emaan. :no: for bringing this up.

alhamduillah what seems to increase my emaan is attedning friday lectures

Its a shame some kutbahs the imam does not do the lecture in the native language of the land so alot of youngster do not gain anything.

Aunti umAhmad has mentioned some steps to take too. I too find that remembering the bounty of jannah helps ones emaan go up during hard times, and the punishment in Jahanam serves a good reminder to us during times of ease in the dunya..

Ofcourse we need good company around us or things can be very difficult.

Assalam Alaikum

Reading Authentic Islamic Books, Meeting with Ulemas around my City, Meeting with other Muslims - those fear Allah swt alot.. these are only a part, from where my Imaan increases.

May Allah swt guide us all on the right path.. ameen

great tears of emaan which pumps your blood and the hair on your body will stand the whole day

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=79531"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=79531[/url]

if somebody can find it please record it and post it here.

i will go to Saudi Arabia soon i will try to find it inshallah i will :sl:

great tears of emaan which pumps your blood and the hair on your body will stand the whole day

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=79531"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=79531[/url]

if somebody can find it please record it and post it here.

i will go to Saudi Arabia soon i will try to find it inshallah i will :sl:

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ[using large font size is not allowed]

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabarakatahu,

Some great suggestions :sl: nice topic.

To release the hold the world has on you, concentrate on one single moment and feel the pure emotion of what it holds. What I mean by that is, these days peoples life are hectic, they have things to do. Rushing here and there, trying to accomplish this and that. That we miss moments that can give us hope, happiness and keep us going. For example, when you may be around family and they are laughing and joking with each other. If you step back, have a silent moment with yourself and disconnect yourself from everything and just watch. You will see the happiness radiating from them, and a comfortable sensation in it. It doesn’t even have to be family, even when you a stranger walks by and they have a very big smile on their face. It makes you wonder and smile as well. Even when the moon is shining bright, to stand still and appreciate the beauty of it.

People these days are so sucked in with this world that moments like this are passed by without any notice and with some it makes no difference on them. But how many of you and stopped and felt a single most pure emotion and when was that last time? Life can be clouded with its darkness but moments like this shed light. They make you appreciate what you have and show you that there is hope for better days.

I don’t know if I’ve made the above clear, but that’s what I think. I guess unless you have felt what I am talking about you will not understand what it gives you, nor will you understand if you don’t see any value in them.

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabarakatahu

Assalamu Alaikum,

Very nice topic brother!

Though my thought is repeated from above, reading into and understanding the tafseer of the Glorious Qur'an really helps increase my Iman. Especially reading that of Sayyid Qutb, "In the Shade of the Qur'an", the tafseer takes me into another world and makes me really feel the deep meaning of Allah the Almighty's verses.

Also, when Allah taala bestows his mercy upon me, with ease during or after hardship, I truly feel more strength of Iman and love and faith.

Learning more about Islam increases my Iman especially, through circles of thikr where I gain more knowledge and love for Islam from others. Back in the day.. when I was taking shariah courses, I'd leave with such an elated feeling. I miss the old days!

Peace

MashaaAllah, thanks for sharing sisters, JazakaAllah Khayr. I also wanted to add that when we make good use out of our time, it has an impact on our eemaan. We are what we do, right? Sometimes we can do a particular thing excessively; hence, organizing a schedule for the day may strike a balance in the things we do and how we can achieve our goals. For example, while taking out a few hours in the evening to spend time with our loved ones - we can listen to their thoughts and ideas, give nasheehah, help one another on development of character, make positive plans for the near future etc. Also, getting homework done on time and many other things because it's recommended that we don't leave today's work for tomorrow. In a short-cut and simple way - live today as if it's your last.

Additionally, sieze each opportunity to perform a good deed, even if it is small - nothing can be insignificant in the sight of Allah. Who knows, perhaps this small deed may earn His Mercy; or the habit of appreciating small deeds may earn an abode in Jannah. Allahu a'lam

Mashallah, the exact words sis Aamina mentioned was told to us at a halaqah yesterday. To manage our time and make time for not only homework but teaching and learning. Also, she made a good point about people being bored. We as Muslims can never be bored, we always have something to do, praying, reading Quran al Karim, Learning and increasing our ilm, making dhkir. I strongly took that point in. I was reading a book that was related to this topic but more in detail about taqwa and it mentioned alot that when we have humility/khusoo nd remember death we increase our iman.

Some great suggestions :sl: nice topic.

To release the hold the world has on you, concentrate on one single moment and feel the pure emotion of what it holds. What I mean by that is, these days peoples life are hectic, they have things to do. Rushing here and there, trying to accomplish this and that. That we miss moments that can give us hope, happiness and keep us going. For example, when you may be around family and they are laughing and joking with each other. If you step back, have a silent moment with yourself and disconnect yourself from everything and just watch. You will see the happiness radiating from them, and a comfortable sensation in it. It doesn’t even have to be family, even when you a stranger walks by and they have a very big smile on their face. It makes you wonder and smile as well. Even when the moon is shining bright, to stand still and appreciate the beauty of it.

People these days are so sucked in with this world that moments like this are passed by without any notice and with some it makes no difference on them. But how many of you and stopped and felt a single most pure emotion and when was that last time? Life can be clouded with its darkness but moments like this shed light. They make you appreciate what you have and show you that there is hope for better days.

I don’t know if I’ve made the above clear, but that’s what I think. I guess unless you have felt what I am talking about you will not understand what it gives you, nor will you understand if you don’t see any value in them.

Wow Sis Peacemaker, thats exactly what i do too, forget everything else just ponder on Allah's creation and lose yourself into it. The last time i must have done that was during the spring season, the winter makes me really lazy but i also don't have enough time as well as the day is so short but i am waiting for the day to start lengthening again so i can get back to track. The total peace and calmness you end up with is just so pure, a wonderful sensation. The best times i find that suitable for myself to do that is just after Fajr salaat before sunrise and sometimes before or after Magrib salaat. I recommend people to try it, it really is beneficial.

Ameen Wa'iyaakum.

Brother Ajmal, I'm glad you have had the benefit of being able to experience such a moment. Moments such as those cannot be planned or fitted into our daily lives, although there are times where they are most suitable to put aside time for them. Its usually the ones you least expect and do not plan ahead that take the most effect.

Another thing I would add is not to get to comfortable in your routine life. Some of us have a fixed timetable for life and some of us don’t. None the less sometimes it goes against us and we become so fixed into this routine that we do reach to become better. We do not reach out and set ourselves goals to achieve higher. There are many that have had a set routine for so long and are now too comfortable in it that they are too lazy to change it. Even though they know they should, even though they know they themselves are at fault for limiting themselves and going beyond what they have achieved so far.