Islamic Forum
MoeWasHere

Islam In Lebanon!

I'm not from Lebanon. I'm from Yemen. But there is obviously a TON of news about libnan and sooria these days. I thought there SHOULD be a thread on this.

So here is a thread. Now start talking!

PropellerAds

:D

Welcome back bro, though what you are asking about is not allowed since it is political in nature and that is against IF rules. If you wish to talk about anything else (not political ofcourse) go ahead.

Lubnan is a excellent place to study Islam. Several of my family members have travled there over the years to study. They loved it. and inshAllah, i shall be going to Lubnan this summer to study.

< Lubnan. :D

Really? Study what sis? :D

I never knew Lebanon was such a (relatively :D ) small country until I took the geography quiz on Mujahada's blog.

Does anyone have any pictures?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/le.html"]CIA World Factbook: Lebanon[/url]

For whatever reason I thought it would be like Turkey with closer to 100% Muslims. Hmm. Also, it seems to be one of the countries with less men than women.

AS

Really? Study what sis? :D

inshAllah general fardh (since im only going for 3 months). Like fardh al-ayn and fardh al-keyfaya. My older brother studied there at an Islamic Institue set up by AICP for over 4 years. He planned on staying longer, but the death of a sibling (may Allah have mercy on his soul) brought him back to the States. He really enjoyed it, and it changed him for the better. alhamdulilah. and I thought I should also go and study at least the fardh al-ayn and keyfaya under the guidance of a shayh/ulema.

inshAllah make dua for me. masalama

^ That's wonderful sis :D muwafa'a insha'Allah

Sorry to hear about the loss.

I never knew Lebanon was such a (relatively) small country until I took the geography quiz on Mujahada's blog.

:D yeah I found out people either never heard of it or think it is a large country.

I think I've put some pictures here on the forum. I'll find them.

Umm akhi don't trust what the CIA fact book says on all issues especially on population and politics. Muslims percentages is about 70% and 18 sects are recognized not 17.

Hmm. Also, it seems to be one of the countries with less men than women.

I didn't understand :D if you mean there are less men that is due to war and living aboard.

:D well, from what I've read about polygyny in Islam, many times it's brought up that there are more women than men in the world and hence they all need husbands. However, the CIA factbook is *blush* probably the only site I know that published world/country population breakdowns. From what I've seen there, the opposite seems true. That is, most countries have more men than women.

For example, recently I was told that Brazil has approximately 12/13 women per man. CIA factbook says it's closer to 1/1.

The point is, Lebanon is one of the few countries I've looked up on that site where the population of men is less than that of women.

In my opinion, that's alright :D :D

AS

Lol :D

Umm if 12/13 is a fraction akhi then that's almost 1. :D

well, from what I've read about polygyny in Islam, many times it's brought up that there are more women than men in the world and hence they all need husbands.

May be in old times yes...and it could be true in the future Alllahu 'alam

:D I know what a fraction is don't worry :D :D

I said:

12/13 women per man

where "per" would be the symbol to show a ratio. Therefore 12 OR 13 to 1 is what I meant. I suppose I could have been more clear in presentation.

AS

:sl:

How are things in Lubnaan for the Muslims these days, now that Shaykh Feiz Muhamad from Austrailia is in his country of origin? Does he give lectures or khutbah's? Or does he give dawa in some other form? Is he teaching or studying at some university? What do most people think about him? Have people there even heard of his name? Does he have any students there whatsoever, locals or foreigners? Has he got any other Islamic involvement, perhaps in charity work?

Edited by ummammaar

Sorry sis haven't heard of him can you give more info about him?

Born in Australia, Sydney, Feiz Muhammad travelled to Medinah seeking knowledge from several Scholars of Islam. After having spent 4 years studying in the Islamic University of Medinah, Sheikh Feiz travelled back to Sydney to live his dream - to call to the path of Allah. His unique style of speech attracts a wide range of listeners, and is very beneficial and interesting to listen to. At current, he is completing his Doctorate degree in Islamic Law in Malaysia, and we ask Allah (swt) to accept all of his work. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgiyc(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/"]giyc(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au[/url]

it seems to be one of the countries with less men than women.

AS

Al Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmtu Allah wa Barakatoh,

Well I am from Lebanon.

In Sha'a Allah once I am allowed to post pictures, I will make sure to post you some pictures of my beloved country. If you just tell me what kind of pictures would you like? are they about the nature of Lebanon, or the people of Lebanon, or what exactly. It will make it a lot easier for me to sort them out in my collection of Photos. (Since I hold my camera with me wherever I go :sl:

Also, It is true that there are less men than women in Lebanon, and thus many women grow up to live unmarried.

That fact is due to many circumstances, one of which is the fact that Lebanon has been through many wars, and many men have been killed (internal war) or estashhadu (external war), and another reason is the fact that most men, even married ones, travel abroad in order to assure food and shelter to their families.

I hope I have been of help.

Wal Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatu Allah wa Barakatoh.

Doha

Allah save Lebanon

I am praying that they will not start a civil war...

They are going crazy!! a3ootho bilaah! they are killing each other :S