Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
British Christian

Does This Make Me An Enemy?

Dear All,

I would be interested to know your views on this, since, after a bit of thought, I have decided to tell you all since I think it will very interesting to know where you stand, from an Islamic and personal perspective:

I am currently at Edinburgh University, but when I leave I plan to join the British Army as an Officer. I want to do this for a number of reasons: Firstly, I believe the British Army is, and can be a force for good in the world - it is deployed on countless peacekeeping operations all over the globe. Also, I think there is a great need for Christians in the Amry, and finally I think I'd very much like the lifestyle.

However, the question is, does this now, in light of recent events, make me Islam's, or your enemy?

Do please let me know, since I'd be very interested.

Much obliged.

PropellerAds

Your question seem to be bordering on current political affairs. Anyway enemy is the one who takes enemity against Islam and muslims, if you do not then you are not an enemy just like not every non-muslim is an enemy, however if you cross the line and are at the front line or actively helping those at the front line, willingly of your own accord, without being pushed or pressurized then you fall in then category you have mentioned. Intention also counts, now we do not know your intention so we do not know who you are, but Allah knows your intention and on the day of judgement Allah will show you exactly who you were, friend or a foe.

I Believe the answer is given, no need to go any further into it.

:D

I dont see why it would have to make you an enemy of Islam considering the reasons you listed for wanting to join the army.

Dear All,

I would be interested to know your views on this, since, after a bit of thought, I have decided to tell you all since I think it will very interesting to know where you stand, from an Islamic and personal perspective:

I am currently at Edinburgh University, but when I leave I plan to join the British Army as an Officer. I want to do this for a number of reasons: Firstly, I believe the British Army is, and can be a force for good in the world - it is deployed on countless peacekeeping operations all over the globe. Also, I think there is a great need for Christians in the Amry, and finally I think I'd very much like the lifestyle.

However, the question is, does this now, in light of recent events, make me Islam's, or your enemy?

Much obliged.

intriguin

MODERATOR dont seem to mind ur postin

lets c wot gonna happen after few responses

wot d u mean by "in lite of recent events"? r u referrin to recent events where bush attacked iraq illegally n when british/american soldiers r found abusin iraqi prisoners?

n by joinin british army d u think u gonna bcome Islam's enemy or IF forumners' enemy? why u wanna think that? wots the justification?

for ur info, when bush attacked iraq illegally, the world dont take bush as an enemy. nonetheless, theres lots of people out there who dont concur with bush's act of terrorism via attackin iraq illegally

besides, since bush a christian, then hes accountable for his sins in attackin iraq illegally. christianity be it trinity, twoness or unitarian dont teach christians to attack others without justification

mark u, u gonna become an enemy of ur own conscience if u were to commit sins under british army banner

Edited by tom

Peace BC!

An enemy of Islam and Muslims is a person who attacks and usurps Muslim land, attacks Muslims and Islam. The answer will come from your conscience.

Peace out.

It's too bad ,that bullets [from either side ] do not know "the enemy " , for they strike and kill ,regardless of freind or foe .

There are no smart bombs or smart bullets , and even less smart men -the ones who send them .

Anyone wishing to argue "the morals of war " should first understand - there are no morals to war .....nor are there winners .

Peace Paragon!

Spot on. Couldn't agree with you more.

Peace out.

Hello,

When it comes to war there are 2 sides. You will be killing my brothers and sisters in Islam. I will consider you an enemy of mine. Why are you fighting them? To stop terrisiom? I think that ALL countries should think about all the bad, terrists acts that are happening here, before fighting a war that has no clear evidence. America has the biggest crime rate, and there are more murders here then anywhere else, so why kill so many people?? I will tell you why for power!! The are my main enemy, and you become one of them, those that want to hurt, and kill those that are innocent. Like the saying in America "Innocent until, Proving guily." Right now it is the other way around. You can do whatever you want, its your life, but think about what you really are fighting for.

Is the British army attacking Muslims? If yes and you are part of it then yes you are my enemy. If no, or if yes but you are not part of it then you are not my enemy. It is as simple as that.

But you know that the British army is attacking Muslims? dont you?

Peace

My opinion:

I think as far as your reasons go they're quite amiable. I do however question whether or not they are realistic. In light of recent events around the globe, do you really feel that you will be aiding peace by joining the military? I personally would think that it would be great if that was the case, but I find it hard to believe that will happen. When you join the Army you will have to fight for their causes not your own. Do you feel they can acurately represent the way you feel as a christian? Can you live with yourself if your put into the position where you have to either directly or indirectly be responsible for the deaths of women, children, other christians and just innocent people in general. We cant deny that in wars the civillian casualty is quite high.

Also I wouldnt see you as the enemy unless you saw me as the enemy. If that makes sense.

My feeling is that when you voluntarily sign up to serve in the forces it is accepted that you lose your individuality and much of your freedom of choice. When you are given an order, you have already taken an oath to follow and execute it to the best of your ability. If you can accept that there maybe times when your individual conscience may be at odds with the orders you are to carry out then you've just got to put that to one side while you carry out your orders, unless you think it is worth standing court-martial and punishment for non-compliance.

The replacement of your individual identity with that of ythe identity of the larger organisation you beccome a member of makes it easy for other members of your organisation to percieve you as part of them, and also for those who oppose any of the activities of that organisation to percieve you as being in full support of those activities they disagree with. Which is why some muslims feel that because there are American or British forces in Iraq that "all of them" are enemies and treat them as such, and similarly why their are others who see all Muslims as having already engaged in a war against the Non-Muslim peoples.

Both groups are wrong and both groups are ##### making life difficult for the rest of us.

Edited by mm_ca04

British Christian

Dear All,

Much obliged.

You are not my enemy.

The problem with being part of the British Army is that you can or will be sent to fight in conflicts that may not agree with your moral point of view. You will to some extent pasing on your moral judgement to others. I do not say don't join but think about what you would do if you were sent to do a job that you thought was morally wrong.

The British Army have done some good things, in Sierra Leone for example, but not every action they are involved in is correct.

Peace

Just thought I'd add my point of view.

I, as a non-believer in any form of organised religion (but still respectful) I would like to say that no westerner can win. If a person holding a gun and killing someone under what they think is in the name of Islam is still your brother or sister then that means somone fighting them has to be your enemy.

It is my belief that anyone holding a gun and killing some one for whatever reason is evil, regardless of religion. There is no excuse.

i am a convert, and my son is not. he wants to join the british air force. if he does eventually join, and ends up in a situation where muslims are getting killed;i'm not sure how him or i are gonna feel about that.

how could i consider my son as my enemy?

i brought him up to be independant and make his own decisions, so i wouldn't stop him joining.

tough call i think.

Just thought I'd add my point of view.

I, as a non-believer in any form of organised religion (but still respectful) I would like to say that no westerner can win.  If a person holding a gun and killing someone under what they think is in the name of Islam is still your brother or sister then that means somone fighting them  has to be your enemy.

It is my belief that anyone holding a gun and killing some one for whatever reason is evil, regardless of religion.  There is no excuse.

If you are born a human being you are my brother or sister.

If my brother or sister in Islam does something wrong I don't disown them, but I would not join them in wrong action and encourage them to behave correctly.

I think a quick look at your last sentence would not hurt. If some armed men attacked your house and where shooting at your family and you had a gun do you really think it is wrong to kill them?

How can no westerner win? I am a Westerner myself.

Peace

Im pretty sure I read somewhere in the scriptures, that its not illegal to kill, only illegal to murder. I.E. if someone picks up a gun and points it at you and is going to fire, its okay for you to defend yourself.

Dear All,

Much obliged.

my answer comes in the form of questions and the posible answers.

1-would u answer the call to a riligion that is calling to all good deads and denies all bad deads?

1st answer:yes

result u become my brother then even may be morhe than my own as Allah says in the quraan [all mo'omens(muslim belivers)r brothers].

2nd answer:no

then ur on ur own no one can force u to do so as Allah said in quraan [who wants to belive so be it,and who wants to disbelive so be it]

the 2nd question shall be:

2-if u shal join the british army would u under any cercomstances or any presure fight against muslims in any way any where in the worled?

1st answer:no

then ur still in the space of the 2nd answer of the 1st question as long as u dont participate in any millitery action against muslims where ever ,or muslim property where ever in the worled.

2nd answer:yes

in this case ur not only my enemy ur an enemy of all muslims and belive me regardles of the recent situation no one and i mean no one wants to be in such position.

then ur still in the space of the 2nd answer of the 1st question as long as u dont participate in any millitery action against muslims where ever ,or muslim property where ever in the worled.

I believe that is too broad. Are you saying that Muslim nations would never do anything to warrant being attacked?

I believe that is too broad.  Are you saying that Muslim nations would never do anything to warrant being attacked?

i dont get what u mentioned [muslim contries,,,,,,,,,,,,anything to warrant being attaked]

i'll answer though what i think i understod:

answer to ur question:

ya and y not?!

why do u think that muslims r just out for a new fight?!

some one who didn't cause me any harm y should i start.

the idea of Islam invadeing other nations and forcing their ppl to Islam by sowerd and so is not true.

let me tell u what is Islam all about:

Islam is the best choice of action in any situation where there r more than one action posible.

let me tell u what is Islam all about:

Islam is the best choice of action in any situation where there r more than one action posible.

That may be what Islam is about, but there is a huge difference between Islam and the leaders of Muslim countries.

That may be what Islam is about, but there is a huge difference between Islam and the leaders of Muslim countries.

totaly agree with u.

but it's not Islam's fault it's their's.they don't even rule by Islamic shareaa,not a single muslim country is ruled by Islamic shareaa!

i am a convert, and my son is not. he wants to join the british air force. if he does eventually join, and ends up in a situation where muslims are getting killed;i'm not sure how him or i are gonna feel about that.

how could i consider my son as my enemy?

i brought him up to be independant and make his own decisions, so i wouldn't stop him joining.

tough call i think.

aslamu alykum sister.

i just wanna remid u of some situations that might be helping in such position:

our prophet (salla Allah alyhe wa salam) and his compaions .

when our our master muhamad (salla Allah alyhe wa salam )said in the meaning of no one's faith will be compleated till Allah and his massenger(salla Allah alyhe wa salam) r loved by him more than any otherthing or someone.

also our prophet's(salla Allah alyhe wa salam)companions in badr they were against their mushrik fathers and others against their mushrik sons like al sedeq saydna abubakr when he tould his son abdurahman who was still a mushrik in badr (if i saw u that day i would have killed u) that doesn't mean he didn't love him no he sure did ,but he loved Allah and his massenger(salla Allah alyhe wa salam) more.

so first i think u should advise ur son and call him to Islam ,and i ask Allah to open his heart to his religion .

but if not i just wanna remind u it's the janna sister and the way to it is never been said it's easy ,the isuue is who can walk the way till the end through fitan and Allah said in quraan that (money and children r fitnah).

so Allah blessed me with a son, but i must love Allah more. surely Allah would not make me chose between two things so precious to me?

my son is a human being, he grew in my womb, and i pushed him into the world, nursed him, fed him, clothed him.

a mothers duty is to protect her children, and i shall do so. if that takes me to the fire, then that is what has been decided for me.

so Allah blessed me with a son, but i must love Allah more. surely Allah would not make me chose between two things so precious to me?

my son is a human being, he grew in my womb, and i pushed him into the world, nursed him, fed him, clothed him.

a mothers duty is to protect her children, and i shall do so. if that takes me to the fire, then that is what has been decided for me.

first of all sister i feel ur pain and i ask Allah to guide ur son to Islam so by thet he would be saved ameen.

actualy sister Allah wants us to chose betwen ,not only those two presios u mentioned no but more that them Allah says in quraan

[sura(9) al tawba-aya (24)].

Allah says:

" say if your fathers, your sons,your brothers,your wives,your kinderd,the welth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline ,and the dwellings in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and his messenger,and striving heard and fighting in his cause ,then wait untill Allah brings about his decision (torment) and Allah guides not the people who are

al-fasquen (the rebellious,disobedient to Allah)."

I wanted to join the TA, but I cannot trust the British government to do what's right. Specially now that "Islam" has been made the enemy of the west, to replace communism.

Now, the British soldiers making war in Iraq. They have a brain, they can see the truth of the matter. If they choose to stay and support the destruction of Iraq, I'll hold no sympathy for them, if they return in bodybags.

The same goes for any soldier, who fights an unlawful war for corrupt leaders.