Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seven

I Quit!

asalamu alaikum

I hate to break it to you, but I have to come back to make this announcement. Just an announcement, nothing more.

Right, here goes ...

Umm ...

I ...

have now ...

officially ...

umm ...

stopped ...

listening to music! :D

I wiped my entire second 10GB hard drive clean of Speed Garage and Bassline House last week sometime and haven't even tempted to clog it up again! I'm a bassline free person now, and life is a whole lot better. :D I just realised some new juices within me too! I think this is what Allah gave me in return for taking the effort and plucking up the courage to do this. I'm very grateful! :D Thank you my Lord!

Oh, and this was all thanks to <classified>. They'd get furious if I mention their name. Don't worry, just between me and you <classified>. :D Make dua for me brothers and sisters. Insha Allah Allah makes me a better Muslim, and brings me closer to Him and real success.

What did you think I quit huh!

Anyway, I better go now before umm ... never mind.

I hope you're all good everyone, and taking care of yourselves and your mothers!

wasalamu alaikum

PropellerAds

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Mash Allah, I am so happy to hear this news, may Allah continue to make it easy for you to draw closer to Him by doing all that He has made obligatory and all that He loves and by staying away from all that He has made forbidden and all that He hates, and remember, "Whoever abandons something for the sake of Allah, He will replace it for him with something better than it..."

Was-Salaamu Alaikum,

Abu Suhaylah.

Guest amani

:D

mashaAllah that great :D

had me like this ----> :D i thought someone was leaving

but yeh goos youve `quit` :D

Excellent news!! :D May Allah make you strong enough (and all of us) to resist temptation!

Wa alaykum salam

Mashallah brother...i am truly happy for you...May the person who aided you get ajar for their effort in helping you.

ma'salam

:D brother...

Good choice :D

May Allah reward you and guide you forever.

Mashallah, im sooo happy for ya brother!!! :D May Allah keep you on the straight path. Ameen.

LOL[at] the ^. i thought that too.

Alhamdulillah wa mash'Allah, mabrook brother :D

So now that you have 10gb free, what are you gonna fill it with? :D

MashaAllah. Good on ya brother! :D

May Allah SWT continue to guide you and keep you steadfast in your imaan, and may He abundantly reward the person who helped you.

So I guess that 10 more GB going towards graphics designing? :D

:D it makes me happy to hear this aswell

A piece of advice, Quran and Music do not stay for long together in ones heart, meaning that one thing or the other has to leave. And truly happy that in your case the music went!!

May Allah keep you this way!

Mashaa'Allah a very positive step inshallah brother .

I will second what brother abu ushaylah said jazahullah khair .

"Whoever abandons something for the sake of Allah, He will replace it for him with something better than it..."

asalamu alaikum

Thank you for all your replies, kind words and prayers. I ask Allah to bless each and everyone of you with a great life which leads you all right into the gardens of paradise!

I found myself giving into temptation today but that only lasted for a couple of hours. I didn't download or transfer any though for permanent residency on my laptop. What I did do was repent right after.

As to reply to some of the comments, let's just say I haven't left/quit, and neither am I here to stay. I don't know whether I'll ever post on here again or not. And as for the free space on my hard disk, umm I think I'll leave it empty for now. After all, no one wants to carry a "heavy" laptop around with them do they now!

I must go now. Please do keep making dua for me and for the guidance of the entire Ummah. Take care everyone and may Allah guide you so.

wasalamu alaikum

:D brother, this is an inspirational news.

If we could see the reward Allah gives for our good deeds, we would leave all these things without a second thought.