Islamic Forum
Ibn_Khaldun

Islam in Somalia

:D

Alhamdulilah something to be proud of init TabarakAllah loq

PropellerAds

asalaamu alaikum

wutever happened to this thread, it used to b so popular, we should bring it back from the dead

still noone, this thread used to b on the first page

salaamu alaikum

SOMALIAAAAA :D

...somalia toso.. toso iskuteer sathaye :D if you understand

its the anthem :D

well.. anybody that knows it can continue :D

salaams

asalaamu alaikum

wutever happened to this thread, it used to b so popular, we should bring it back from the dead

There is nothing more to say about Islam in Somalia.End of story!

We can always work to improve our nation and educate our people ( however difficult that may be). And that's a never-ending discussion.

How are you brother? Havent seen you around for a long time. HOpe everything is well inshallah.

its only the end if u say it is, i agree with dreamer

Salaam!!

I'm a newbie, and I saw my country on the list. So thought i would contribute :D

However I see it been officially declared dead :D , anyone thinks it has any hope? :D

Anywayzzz, just want to add that somalia and its people are following and practicing their deen in somalia ,Iam in the uk, but :D you see the sisters all covered up,the people practicing the laws of Islam in their everyday lives :D .

Insha'Allah we can learn from them. :D .

Hey the thread is not dead. It just goes through phases. I don't think there are as many somali ppl on this forum as there used to be.

Anyway, here we go again.

1)What are some of the challenges facing Somali youth today and

2) What can we do to make a difference?

1.the same problems facing all youth out in the west

2.deport them.......................na i'm just kidding

i honestly dont know what we can do to reach out to these youth

Hey, i'm a somali youth and i think the best thing to do is to remind them of their culture, coz living in england i see that the majority of somali kids i know, dont know much about the somali culture so have adopted the western culture, coz they see no otha alternative.

Hey the thread is not dead. It just goes through phases. I don't think there are as many somali ppl on this forum as there used to be.

Anyway, here we go again.

1)What are some of the challenges facing Somali youth today and

2) What can we do to make a difference?

well almost 100% of the country is Islamic popularity

but after 15 yrs of civil war i think they might come to their sense. :D

i don't currently live there but last time i went was in 2000. they still have the clan thing in their minds so in order for the youths there to be as good as any human beings they should start forgeting the idea of CLANISM my own term and start thinking like they are muslims. thats how i see it as only being half the nationality

Heeey give Somalia a break ppl, dont do them any good by being always negative. I think Somali ppl are ok, they care for each other, after all these yrs of war they are still surviving. Ok I know that they still have the tribes thing and that it is causing problems. But we shouldnt concentrate on that, but on all the positive contributions the somali ppl can make to its population and the worls in general.

Ok from now on I want to know all the positive things somalia has:

I'll start, :D majority of them(in Somalia itself I mean :D ) know the Qur'an :D :D . That is a major thing to be happy about isnt it?

Ok you next....

:D:D

Heeey give Somalia a break ppl, dont do them any good by being always negative. I think Somali ppl are ok, they care for each other, after all these yrs of war they are still surviving. Ok I know that they still have the tribes thing and that it is causing problems. But we shouldnt concentrate on that, but on all the positive contributions the somali ppl can make to its population and the worls in general.

Ok from now on I want to know all the positive things somalia has:

I'll start, :D majority of them(in Somalia itself I mean :D ) know the Qur'an :D :D . That is a major thing to be happy about isnt it?

Ok you next....

:D:sl:

i agree with the quran my father knew the whole quran by heart when he was 6yrs old and memorized it again when he turned 8yr old. so am not like that but he is a good example for me

You don't even seem to speak proper Soomaali, yet you mastered qabyaalad. That is sad reality.

Personally, my qabiil is nothing for me. Nevertheless, I never said it was "xaraan." Where did you get that from? However, qabyaalad is--and always was--xaaraan. A lot of us ignorantly and arrogantly misuse it. It, the qabyaalad, is why some clans are considered to be so-called "outcast," with no reasonable justification. I ask you a personal question: Do you believe the "outcast" clans should be considered inferior? Yes or no only.

adega somali mad tahey? is that how u say it????

my qabiil is SOMALI/BRAZILIAN/MUSLIM

Asalamu alaikum

hey if you notice my original question it was a two parter so I was not only looking at the negatives but possible solutions.

anyway.......I think that we have something for which many others love us and some hate us. It is our ability to adapt quickly. I think that in many cases this is a positive..ie..learning new languages, adapting good from other cultures but in the same breath we have begun to lose our cultural identity. ofcourse tribalism ( or CLANISM as brother put it) is a big factor in this. I would agree that learning our culture and keeping that which is beneficial and Islamic should be kept. Ofcourse that would require education.

In the case of Quranic memorization, alhamdullilah Allah has made it easy for us and our teachers have been doing a good job. On the other hand most of us don't understand what it is that we read, what is being commanded or prohibited. Perhaps we can work on establishing tafsir as a part of these quran classes that are commonly held in Masjids and homes across the world. baby steps inshaAllah.

and most important of all we need to make sure we don't lose our language!!! Something that concerns me very very much the number of children born in Somalia or elsewher who can't even string together a sentence. I'm glad my parents encouraged that I speak Somali at home rather than english all the time.

feel free to agree or disagree!!

^ur right although Islam is important and should always come first we should always remember are roots and language

History is a people's memory, and without a memory, man is demoted to the lower animals

Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)

all i can say is that the key to all are problems is knowledge,because knowledge is the cure for ignorance

so we need to educate ourselves on the mistakes the people before us have made in order for somalia and just about every other muslim nation to be restored to their former glory.

GO EDUCATE YOURSELVES

salaam

And this guy thinks he is "wadaad" while equally justifying qabyaalad. There might not be anything wrong with qabiil per se, but Soomaalis use qabyaalad, the negative side of qabiil. Know the difference, Mr Jihaad.

Asalam Alaikom Warhmatullah wbaraktuh

Qabil comes from Allah [his Creation] so that we might get to know each others and non of us is better then the other because of the name of our father or forefathers!

Assume someone sister or family members get lost in the war in order to track them down you have to know their Qabils name as Somalis use that as an address or Social security number / Identity number , now if that person dose not know his/her qabil how can they find their own family members?? Pretty hard don’t you think...!

Qabil can be use in a wrong way just like people can use anything in a wrong way too much food bad for the health, to much talk and laughter darkens the heart ect ect.. It depends on how we use it. As Muslims we are from one family and in front of Allah the one who has most Taqwa is most beloved by Allah.. We should seek Allah’s forgiveness love and mercy.. Sobhan Allah how do you know if he think he is wadaad I advice you to fear Allah and do not back bite! Give the brother an excuse if your do not understand his point by doing that Allah will give you excuses Insha*Allah.

Someone said erase Qabil I object this is the created by Allah no human has the rights to cancel it !! Have you not seen people almost getting married to their own family member like brothers/sister just because their father had 2 different wives now if they had the Qabill this would have saved them from this Fittnah! Qabil is not all bad it is just hows once heart is if it is evil it can make anything evil Food, talk,Qabil ect if it is pure from the sickness of Pride, arrogance, showing of and they put their full trust in Allah by Adhering Quran and Sunna enjoying good forbidding evil Allah will keep their heart pure from Any sickness that might enter the heart like the love of Qabil, money, dunya Haram things ect ect etc

It is not the 'title Qabil' how has killed so many oppressed Muslim in Somalia Rather it is evil humans who worships the Qabil who's associating Partners with Allah by killing the name of Qabil living under the law of Qabil, I am sure you All know that killing a Muslims is kufr..

Yet this is a fact that is happening in Somali right, some ignorant people abandon Allah’s Law and follow the foot steps of the devil their own Hawa [desires] in the name of Qabil killing their brothers and sisters, was that the error of the perfect creation of Allah ’Qabil so we my know each others’ La wallah but rather the mistake of the perpetrators the savages the murders that has gone astray from the straight path ==> Quran and Sunnah ..

Fe AmaN ellah

Al Faghera el Allah

I think that the basics of Islam need to be taught and retaught. If we were to stick to Islam and keep the positive aspects of our culture, we should be able to take a step in the right direction and secure the future of our children. Easier said then done, I know.........but I shall forever hold on to hope.

as salaam alaykum,

I watched this documentary (www.)"http://islamictorrents/details.php?id=3579&viewcomm=10863#comm10863"]from Islamictorrents[/url] and I really liked it I could learn more about somaliland.

I used to talk to a somali friend that told me if I ever went to somalia they´d kill me and I thought it was an exaggeration as 1) im a person, 2)im human, but as soon as this BBC frenchie busy body (as my friend would call him) went to mogadisho he had to hire some guys with machineguns to protect him and they said he might be the only white guy there!

They had an interview with the somaliland president...he asked him whats the national budget, he said whatever we can get!

I do not understand why not even one of you talked about Somalia, like, how many % of Somalian are Muslim, what the Somali people are like and what Somalia is like......

And is any body in here Somalia and if so why are you not given people information about Somalia.

I am very interested in Somali people, i think they are great people and funny, but i want to know more. So can anybody help Please.

I went through 3 pages and found no information on Somalia, WHY, Write Something People if you are Somali

as salaamu alaykum sister,

Im not somali but I was in contact via internet with some...and I must tell you that not all are nice or funny, there is everything like in any place.

As far as I know somalia has 99.9999999999999999999% muslim population....

What else do you want to know? history? geography? what?

:D all,

Im not somali but I was in contact via internet with some...and I must tell you that not all are nice or funny, there is everything like in any place.

now where did that come from? :D

Sister sista-safia,

What would you like to know about somalia?

Well for one, both our country and people (not all ofcourse) are corrupted (Islamically speaking!). People kill eachother for the sake of tribalism, money and status...so you see, there is not much to talk about really :D especially since the thread is titled "Islam In Somalia"!

Yes, the majority or maybe even all Somalis are Muslim...the only problemo is that maybe 10 out of 100 might be practicing Islam properly!

Maybe the only thing that might interest you is how Somalia gave America the boot when they tried to do the samething they are doing to Iraq now and gave the Americans a goodbye wave with their sandles when they ran from the country. They had this documentary on TV sometime last year...Gosh! I loved seeing that particular scene, it was soo hilarious :D

Edited by 100%_muslim....

I disagree with your statement 100% muslim, because the people in Somalia are practicing and really good as well. The knowledge that they have about the deen is unbelieveable :D. It is not that they learn the Qur'an of by hard alone, but they know the translations, the context that it was send in. They study fiq and the sunnah of the prophet(PBOH). So yeah, they might have been dishearted by the civil war, droughts but their spirit is strong :D. Anyway, it is a improvement compared to before the war. Like Allah said from something that you hate, Allah may place a blessing in it for you.

It is us anyways that the responsibility lies upon to rebuild our country, because the former generation cant do much now, so its up to us.