Islamic Forum
ikbalhussien

Taliban Butcher Five Afghans

Taliban Torture, Kill 5 Afghan Police

Associated Press | November 19, 2007

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Taliban militants tortured five abducted policemen in southern Afghanistan and then hung their mutilated bodies from trees in a warning to villagers against working with the government, officials said Nov. 18.

The discovery of the bodies came as officials said that recent violence and clashes had left at least 63 other people dead across Afghanistan.

The officers had been abducted two months ago from their checkpoint in southern Uruzgan province, said Juma Gul Himat, the provincial police chief. The Taliban slashed their hands and legs and hung the bodies on trees Saturday in Gazak village of Derawud district, he said.

"The Taliban told the people that whoever works with the government will suffer the same fate as these policemen," Himat said. "This village is under Taliban control. There are more than 100 Taliban in this village."

Two tribal elders received the bodies of the policemen on Sunday, he said.

Insurgency-related violence in Afghanistan has soared this year, killing more than 6,000 people, a record number, according to an Associated Press count based on figures from Western and Afghan officials.

The executions followed several days of violence in the country's south which left at least 63 people dead, including 58 militants and two Canadian soldiers.

Also in Uruzgan, police shot and killed two suspected Taliban militants on Sunday as they approached a police checkpoint on a motorbike, Himat said.

In Zabul province, the Taliban ambushed and clashed with an Afghan army patrol Saturday night, leaving 11 suspected insurgents dead and four soldiers wounded, said Qasem Khan, a provincial police official.

Authorities recovered the bodies of the 11 militants alongside their weapons, Khan said.

In southern Helmand province, a suicide bomber attacked a NATO patrol Nov. 18 in Gereshk district, damaging a vehicle but causing no casualties, said provincial police chief Mohammad Hussein Andiwal.

In Kandahar province, Canadian and Afghan troops battled militants and called in airstrikes in Zhari district on Saturday, leaving an Afghan soldier and at least 20 suspected militants dead, said provincial police chief Sayed Agha Saqeb.

A roadside bomb hit a NATO vehicle during the same battle, killing two Canadian soldiers and their translator and wounding three other Canadian troops, officials said.

Separately, a suicide bomber on a motorbike attacked a NATO convoy in Nangarhar province's Chaparhar district, killing an Afghan civilian and wounding another NATO soldier, officials said Saturday.

Elsewhere, 23 Taliban militants were killed during a U.S.-led coalition operation on Thursday aimed at disrupting a weapons transfer in southern Afghanistan, the coalition said.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

PropellerAds

Eyou are not allowed to post links yet.. Whether you agree with the coalition forces mission or not, there's no way anyone can agree with these thugs.

:sl:

your right Lee_Enfield I find this appalling and disgusting, thous savage Taliban how dare they do such a thing

Sure the US does thing (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Manadel_al-Jamadi"]like this[/url] all the time, but thats ok because Bush said so

But no one gave the Taliban the right to do it, so they must be non human savages /end sarcasm

Hi all

Sorry Omar but i find your attitude "appalling and disgusting" too, i mean come on where did Lee Enfield say in his post that he finds it ok what the USA/UK armies are doing? Your the type of person that gives real Muslims a bad name.

Your childish sarcasm hopefully fails to neglect the pity you feel for the family's of the poor Afghan people who where needlessly killed in the name of religion.

NO one has the right to kill an innocent person for any reason but as your a Muslim you already know that right?

Heres a reminder for you

If anyone kills another without just cause, except in retaliation for a murder or for causing corruption in the land, it is as if he has killed the whole of mankind. And whosoever saves a life, it is as if he has saved the whole of mankind. [5:32]

As you obviously know more of the details than me, can you tell me what the four Afghans done to cause corruption in the lands?

Have a heart mate. ( Im surprised a non-Muslim has to remind you of this )

Peace all :sl:

Also id like to see your sources of information on the USA doing "Things like this all the time"

tortured five abducted policemen in southern Afghanistan and then hung their mutilated bodies from trees in a warning to villagers

The Taliban slashed their hands and legs and hung the bodies on trees

If you can find any ( Proofs ) i will inform the UN board myself. Im sure most Muslims would support me if i did ( If you can find the proof to your claims ). Can i count on your support also? Lets bring the USA down together yes.

I disagree with the war as much as you mate, why my country men are dying for this cause ill never know but your comments really dont help Muslim/Non-Muslim relations at all.

Edited by Suppersion

your right Lee_Enfield I find this appalling and disgusting, thous savage Taliban how dare they do such a thing

Sure the US does thing (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Manadel_al-Jamadi"]like this[/url] all the time, but thats ok because Bush said so

But no one gave the Taliban the right to do it, so they must be non human savages /end sarcasm

So you'd like the Taliban to get away with this, then? In order to foster equality among thugs? You seem as if you;re angry that the Taliban got caught, not that they did the deeds in the first place... "If the States can do it, why can't we?" is not a good cover for terrorism and acts as heinous as these.

Sorry Omar but i find your attitude "appalling and disgusting" too, i mean come on where did Lee Enfield say in his post that he finds it ok what the USA/UK armies are doing? Your the type of person that gives real Muslims a bad name.

May I ask how my attitude is appalling? I made a sarcastic remark to what I saw as insincere outrage at the loss of some Afghan government officials.

how do I give Muslims a bad name?

Is it because when I saw hypocrisy, I called it?

Your childish sarcasm hopefully fails to neglect the pity you feel for the family's of the poor Afghan people who where needlessly killed in the name of religion.

NO one has the right to kill an innocent person for any reason but as your a Muslim you already know that right?

Ok so now they are poor Afghan people?

here is a question, and be honest here, would you still feel the same way if it was Taliban fighters being killed by these officers?

Heres a reminder for you

As you obviously know more of the details than me, can you tell me what the four Afghans done to cause corruption in the lands?

If you notice, I never once made a statement on the actual article, the point I was trying to make is that every one seems to jump up and down when they catch wind of something the Taliban did, but every time they are confronted with similar actions of America they just seem to shrug it off and act like its nothing important.

Have a heart mate. ( Im surprised a non-Muslim has to remind you of this )

I could say the same thing when Westerners are rejoicing over the deaths of the Mujahideen, Sadam, Osama, etc.

its a two way street my friend.

Also id like to see your sources of information on the USA doing "Things like this all the time"

If you can find any ( Proofs ) i will inform the UN board myself. Im sure most Muslims would support me if i did ( If you can find the proof to your claims ). Can i count on your support also? Lets bring the USA down together yes.

Not to sound cynical, but better men then you have tried to stop the torture but have failed,

for crying out loud they US has said flat out that they don't care about the Geneva convention

And for sources here are just a few

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Allegations_of_state_terrorism_by_United_States_ofAmerica"]Wikipedia [/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetamnesty(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/news-and-updates/feature-stories/poems-from-guantanamo-20071212"]Amnesty International[/url]

I disagree with the war as much as you mate, why my country men are dying for this cause ill never know but your comments really dont help Muslim/Non-Muslim relations at all.

I appreciate that, I really do, and unfortunately there are not more people like you who want to end the war.

But you know what really going to improve Muslim/ non-Muslim relationship?

A stop to killings of Muslims by non-Muslims

until that happens I don't see much improvement in the aforementioned relationship.

So you'd like the Taliban to get away with this, then? In order to foster equality among thugs? You seem as if you;re angry that the Taliban got caught, not that they did the deeds in the first place...

LOL you got all that from my sarcastic remarks

I find your concern for the Lives of Afghan people to be shallow and self serving, you only seem to care if they die when it benefits your cause

You don't care at all about equality or freedom or any other ideals you proport to have because people with such ideals do no go around killing others in the name of such ideals.

The coalition has tortured and killed many many more people then the Taliban can even dream of, and in a lot of cases the people the US imprison are innocent, and their only crime being that they some how got caught by a bounty hunter, who does not care about justice, he just wants the big fat bounty by the Americans.

"If the States can do it, why can't we?" is not a good cover for terrorism and acts as heinous as these.

so then you think its ok for the states to do it but not Taliban?

See this the hypocrisy I am talking about, you are bending yourself backwards condemning the Taliban for doing something your government does routinely.

Omar, he wasn't condoning what the US does. He was calling you a moral relativist. Prove him wrong. Say that these acts deserve as much condemnation as those commited by the USA.

Absolutly, any extrajudicial killing are wrong be they commited by Taliban or America or any one else.

Now its your Turn, do you think all the torture and killing (outside of battle) of all these alleged militants, Taliban or otherwise, is wrong?

or do you think that the only people who should be condemned for such acts are the Taliban, while it is perfectly ok for America to do the exact same thing?

Absolutly, any extrajudicial killing are wrong be they commited by Taliban or America or any one else.

Now its your Turn, do you think all the torture and killing (outside of battle) of all these alleged militants, Taliban or otherwise, is wrong?

or do you think that the only people who should be condemned for such acts are the Taliban, while it is perfectly ok for America to do the exact same thing?

You're a bit defensive there Omar... none of us has supported any illegal actions on behalf of any NATO soldiers. We're just condemning the Talibans actions.

You're a bit defensive there Omar... none of us has supported any illegal actions on behalf of any NATO soldiers. We're just condemning the Talibans actions.

Exactly. Is it too much to ask you to do the same?

Why don't you Lee_Enfield CONDEMN the illegal US invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq? Why don't you Lee_Enfield CONDEMN the war crimes committed by the US and NATO forces in Iraq and Afghanistan? According to Jonathan Steele of The Guardian between 20,000 and 49,600 Afghan people have died of the consequences of the illegal US invasion of Afghanistan. Please write that you condemn the US regime and its US forces for committing war crimes against humanity in Iraq and Afghanistan. I challenge you to do so!

Edited by wiseguy

Why don't you Lee_Enfield CONDEMN the war crimes committed by the US and NATO forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Did he not just do this?

"none of us has supported any illegal actions on behalf of any NATO soldiers."

You sir are an intellectual brick wall.

Edited by Russ of Vespuccia

Did he not just do this?

"none of us has supported any illegal actions on behalf of any NATO soldiers."

You sir are an intellectual brick wall.

Where is the word 'CONDEMN'?

Why do you non-Muslims exaggerate the unconfirmed news while condoning and downplaying the war crimes committed by the US-NATO forces in Afghanistan? This is what I call hypocrisy!

The topic of this thread should be:

The US and NATO War Crimes in Afghanistan in 2007:

January 12, 2007 Afghan police say 13 civilians killed in a NATO airstrike in the Garmser district of Helmand Province. NATO claims "no evidence of any civilian casualties"

January 24, 2007 NATO troops fired at a vehicle which failed to stop in the Gereshk district of Helmand province. The bullets killed a passerby.

February 17, 2007 An unarmed man was shot and killed by Canadian troops near the village of Senjaray 12 km west of Kandahar.

February 17, 2007 NATO troops shot and killed a civilian near Kandahar

February 18, 2007 Canadian troops mistakenly gunned down an Afghan National Police officer and a homeless beggar in Kandahar City late Sunday.

February 27, 2007 Canadian troops fire at a Toyota car at a security cordon around a broken down Canadian vehicle in the Kandahar area. One occupant is killed, the other is wounded. No weapons or bombs were found.

March 4, 2007, Approximately 16 civilians are killed and dozens are wounded by US marine gunfire on the road between Jalalabad and Pakistan in what has become known as the Shinwar massacre.

In a March 14, 2007 article, the Afghan human rights commission stated that Marines put the number of victims at 12 people -- including a 4-year-old girl, a 1-year-old boy and three elderly villagers and stated the Marines used excessive force, as they shot at people as the y fled the scene of the bomb, even miles from the incident location. This report on killings of civilians in the Nangarhar Province is consistent with U.S. findings. The Marine commander and NCO were shipped back to the United States after this incident. No US soldiers were punished for massacring innocent people.

March 5, 2007 Nine civilians, including five women and two to three children are killed when their home was destroyed by two US 2000 lbs bombs in the Nijrab district, in the Kapisa province, north of Kabul.

March 16, 2007 Five Afghan policemen are killed by US troops at a checkpoint in a village near Gereshk, in Helmand Province.

April 29, 2007 Six people including a woman and a teenage girl are killed by US and Afghan forces as they raided a suspected "car bomb cell" in the Bati Kot area of Nangarhar province, very close to the location of the March 4th 2007. Another woman and another teenage girl were wounded.

May 1, 2007 About 50 civilians, including women and children were killed by US and NATO bombings in Herat province of western Afghanistan during the preceding week.

May 9, 2007 Between 21 and 38 civilians, including women and children are killed by a US Air Raid in the village of Soro, in the Sangin district of Helmand Province. Five homes were bombed by US forces.

May 31, 2007 At least 15 civilians were killed by NATO forces in the Kajaki district of Helmand Province.

June 11, 2007 Three civilians are killed by NATO-Led Troops troops in the Kunar Province as they approached a checkpoint in a vehicle.

June 15, 2007 a civilian is killed by US forces in Helmand.

June 18, 2007 Seven children are killed in a US Air Strike directed at a compound in Zarghun Shah, in the Paktika province. Initially the US claimed they did not know that children were in the compounds but some U.S. officials confirmed that U.S. forces were indeed aware of the children's presence.

June 19, 2007 10 civilians are killed in a US missile strike inside Pakistan.

June 22, 2007 About 25 civilians including 9 women and 3 children are killed in a US air strike in the village of De Adam Khan, near the town of Gereshk in Helmand Province.

June 24, 2007 Two men on motorcycles were shot by British soldiers near Lashkar Gahin, in Helmand Province. One of the two motrocyclists died, the other was wounded.

June 29, 2007 Four civilian men were killed in a house by US troops who were looking for insurgents. An 85-year-old man, Mohammada Jan, two of his sons and a grandson had been killed by troops who first blew up the gate of house in the village of Nokrukhel in Sherzad district of Nangarhar province.

June 29 [[2007] Between 50 and 80 civilians are killed by US Air Strikes on the village of Hyderabad, in the Province of Hellmand in southern Afghanistan.

July 07 [[2007] Villagers from Watapour in the Province of Kunar claim that about 35 civilians were killed by US Air Strikes, 10 on July 5 and another 25 on the 7th when the funeral for the 10 was bombed.

August 02, 2007 Many people, in the hundreds, are reported wounded and killed by a US air strike in the Baghran district of the Province of Helmand.

September 19, 2007 One Afghan civilian and several others wounder in a traffic collision with a Canadian convoy.

September 19, 2007 Six civilians, women and children are killed by an US airstrike in Helmand province.

September 23, 2007 A US helicopter accidentally killed two policemen and three security guards during an anti-Taliban operation in Kunar Province. Eight more were injured.

October 2, 2007 A man on a motorcycle is killed and a child riding behing him is wounded by Canadian troops in Kandahar.

October 23, 2007 A child was found dead in a tent and four others found wounded after coalition (US-NATO) forces fired on the tent from which they claimed they had received gunfire.

November 15, 2007 A man in a taxi is killed and another wounded when they were shot at in Kandahar by Canadian troops riding in a convoy.

November 28, 2007 An Afghan official, Nuristan governor Tamim Nuristani, said that U.S.-led coalition troops killed 14 road construction workers in air strikes in eastern Afghanistan. This incident was confirmed by Sayed Noorullah Jalili, director of the Kabul-based road construction company Amerifa whose employees were killed in the bombing.

Therefore the US regime, its US forces and its allies are the worst and the most brutal enemy of all mankind.

Hi all

May I ask how my attitude is appalling? I made a sarcastic remark to what I saw as insincere outrage at the loss of some Afghan government officials. How do I give Muslims a bad name? Is it because when I saw hypocrisy, I called it?

whats appalling? Maybe the total lack of respect for the family's of the deceased feelings, or maybe rather than condemning what they ( the Taliban ) did you found it more appealing to make a sarcastic comment to Lee?

Ok so now they are poor Afghan people?

here is a question, and be honest here, would you still feel the same way if it was Taliban fighters being killed by these officers?

Thats a joke right? Oh how i feel for them poor Taliban rebels, killing innocent people, hanging them from trees and so on, all so the whole country feels forced into living the way they want them too..... it must be a hard life hey? your starting to sicken me my friend. So no i would not feel the same for them they choose to kill for fun and there own gains. Before you say thats a double standard let me say i would always stand up for the people trying to help a country get back on its feet. ( Hence why im against the stupid war being fought by USA and my own country )

the point I was trying to make is that every one seems to jump up and down when they catch wind of something the Taliban did, but every time they are confronted with similar actions of America they just seem to shrug it off and act like its nothing important.

Please Google for "UK anti coalition war movement" you may be surprised, or go to (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetstopwar(contact admin if its a beneficial link).uk/"]you are not allowed to post links yetstopwar(contact admin if its a beneficial link).uk[/url] and lend your support.

I could say the same thing when Westerners are rejoicing over the deaths of the Mujahideen, Sadam, Osama, etc.

its a two way street my friend.

I know mate, but them people are allowed there opinions ( how ever wrong you feel they are ), as well them people rejoicing are not terrorists as far as im aware. Are you saying Sadam, Osama & co are good people? I thought they where known terrorists and dictators. Sorry for my mistake :sl: When them rejoicing start killing innocent people because of there beliefs, ill stand up with YOU and condemn them also. ( And yes Osama & CO are allowed there opinions also but when opinions start causing death its wrong mate . (full stop)

Is it because when I saw hypocrisy, I called it?

And your hypocrisy on not condemning the terrorists but condemning the USA/UK is ok is it? I still havnt seen you CONDEMN the terrorists yet :sl:

the US has said flat out that they don't care about the Geneva convention

Which i will happily condemn them for no problem. ( And i failed to find in your sources anything about the USA?UK hanging people from trees as a warning to the Taliban )

A stop to killings of Muslims by non-Muslims

until that happens I don't see much improvement in the aforementioned relationship.

How about a stop to ALL killings over this matter? maybe that would go further to help peace the world over.

I feel ive made myself clear on this matter.

Peace all :no:

Edited by Suppersion

dont forget the us armies are trained to kill babies too

Come. The F7ck. ON. Seriously people, we're all adults here...

suppose so russ, but we all know what my thoughts of US armies are and mate that aint going to change for ages so its just good that you accept it

suppose so russ, but we all know what my thoughts of US armies are and mate that aint going to change for ages so its just good that you accept it

Translation "I will remain willfully ignorant forever. Take that, suckers!!!"

Seriously, though. The yanks aren't trained to kill babies. I agree that sometimes their attacks do kill civilians, but it's not as if the soldiers get special training on how to properly bayonet a toddler...

Hate the US soldiers. That is your business. Infantile name-calling always reflects poorly on a person no matter the topic.

He is right though, Lee. I used to argue on behalf of the US soldiers with shaidmahmood until I realized what a fruitless pursuit it was. The US army could save the world (again) and Shaidmahmood would still hate it.

Edited by Russ of Vespuccia