Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
faithie

My Conversion

Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters!

It's kind of a long, complicated story, but I shall try to simplify as best as I can :D.

I was raised in a United Christian household, although my dad is Anglican. My parents are not practicing Christians, they do the holidays and such, but rarely if ever go to Church or anything. My mom used to bring to Church as a child, but we stopped going for some reason that I cannot remember because I was so young. I don't even think my parents really have a view of religion, just that they prefer their children to be Christian. My dad claims he is a good Christian, but does nothing to show that he is. My mother is just a woman who is not even sure she believes in God. I've talked to her a bit about it and she's told me that she believes that there is SOMETHING out there greater than anything, but she's just not sure what IT is. So, my mother is agnostic. My brother, he's 3 years older than me, doesn't believe in God. He's made it very clear to me that he doesn't believe in any kind of soul, believes we just die and that's the end of it. My brother is an Athiest. He has a very strange view of life, for instance, he doesn't believe in dinosaurs, no matter how many facts are brought to him proving that they existed. He's closed-minded. So, growing up, I never had a REAL sense of God or religion. In grade 9, I dabbled in Wicca (witchcraft) cause I found it fastinating. I've always loved how that religion revolves everything around nature. Nature is truly a miracle of God. Anyways, I got over that lil phase, realized that it wasn't giving me anything in a spiritual sense and stopped practicing it. I still have the Book of Shadows that I made then, I keep it for memories sake. In grade 10, I started dating this guy who was a devout Christian, I forget which sect, although I think it may have been Catholicism. He was always telling me the power of prayer and la de da.. and I always thought.. how does sitting on your knees in a time of need get Him to listen to you? Why don't you do it all the time? Why only when you need something? After we broke up, because of his devotion to it, I started thinking more about religion. I realized that I believe in the Oneness of God and in Adam(as) and Eve(as). That was a beginning for me. I had picked up quite a few bad habits in grades 9 and 10 and hung out with a group of people that really didn't have a good way of life. Basically partying and drinking and such. It was fun, but so unsatisfying and only temporary. So, in grade 11, I started becoming a better person. I stopped rebelling against my parents, stopped talking back to my mom, focused more on school, stopped my bad habits, and stopped talking to that group of friend. I started hanging out with a new group of friends who had a much better way of life and having fun. A lot of those people were simply good people. Some were Muslim, some Christian, some simply Agnostic. For a year, I just thought about my own beliefs and started writing what I KNEW I believed in in a journal. I wrote down things that were of utmost importance to me at that time. During the summer between grades 11 and 12, I found out that a very good friend of mine converted to Islam, he was a hardcore Athiest before, so it baffled me. I decided to look into the religion to find out why. I asked Muslim friends of mine about their religion, as well as Christian friends. I really tried to find something I could love in Christianity, to appease my parents, but it just couldn't be done. I don't believe a whole lot of things that Christianity is. I had long talks with a particular person, who was so passionate about his religion (Islam), that it drew me like a mosquito to a flame. We talked about what Islam stands for, the main pillars, what I would have to change (as in clothing swearing, dating, etc), about the Prophet (saw) about Jesus' (as) role in Islam. I did my own research on Islam, and decided that it was what I was looking for, the answers to my prayers. So, October of grade 12, I converted to Islam. And here I am, 2 years later, still Muslim and plan to stay that way, inshallah. :D

Sorry for the longness of this.. I did warn that it was quite long and complicated :D.

Wasala'ams..

PropellerAds

:D

SubhanAllah!!!!, that was a nice story! Allahu Akbar

No, it wasnt too long, it was very interesting.

Whoever Allah guides, non can misguide

Whoever Allah misguides, non can guide

As-salaamu alaikum sis,

And welcome :D to the forum. So happy to have you here.

It was nice to read your story as it reminded myself of my own journey to Islam...and I see a lot of similarities in our two stories (we even both practised wicca for a short time :D astaghfirullah!)...

Hope to see more of your posts in here sis :D

Fiamanillah,

Sister Iman

xxx

asalam alikum,

a warm welcome to the muslim ummah and this forum, please take a few mins to read out "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url] if you have not done so already. nice stoy,

. He was always telling me the power of prayer and la de da.. and I always thought.. how does sitting on your knees in a time of need get Him to listen to you? Why don't you do it all the time? Why only when you need something?

yes i notice that alot of people have this mentalitiy sadly so do some jahil muslims, (ignorant muslims), this is linkined with impatience at times too, so when a person's prayer is not answered they lose hope. a Muslims' relationship towards Allah is different it is of obediance, not for selfish reasons. Our purpose in life is to remain obediant to Allah in every situation wheter it is good or bad, i.e when life is all brilliant do we give thanks and keep our 5x prayer or do we become intoxicated by lifes pleasure, or in times of hardship do we succumb to our lower immoral self and drink away our problems and lose faith in Allah and the hereafter? etc

anyway we hope that you have a fruitful time at the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]islamic forum[/url],

salaam sister and mashallah!

i am so happy for you......

im also a convert to Islam.... it is really wonderful what Islam can do in our lives...

i hope all best for you, and that u find out even more about Islam, and that u keep as a muslim forever, which is, i think, the best thing in the world....

take care.....